style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

who has had good/bad experince with ambulance chasers  

1 Cagger has voted

1. 1. who has had good/bad experince with ambulance chasers

• yes
    • no

I won small case against HBOS in Scotland and then decided to use a company which had advertised on one of my emails about reclaiming bank charges. My reasoning(now misguided) was that if they took hbos to court for my sixth year back in english court it would be successful. I completed forms sent off, with copies of my statemenst for the relevant period, and spreadsheet showing interest calculation. I changed the amount they were to charge from (25% + VAt ) to 20% total including VAT. received acceptance letter in mid March. To cut long story short, this company BF and also under horse chestnut name, did not read my letter nor transmit my telephone messages asking for copies of correspondence. They never sent me any copies of letters they sent to bank or received from them. I phoned about 10-12 times and each time was put off by telephone clerk who had little experience of legislation as can be gained by meticulously reading CAG posts etc. Today one of their staff phoned to say had they read my letter at the beginning they would never have taken on my case. So its god bye to BF and my advice to all others considering this is have more sense than I displayed. I will probably go down FOS route. Spoke with bank today and charges are £14.75k with interrst of £4k. Asked them what figure they would give me to settle. Was told that they wouldnt pay interest so its probably going to be FOS.

AND REMEMBER TO ALL CONSIDERING AMBULANCE CHASERS - FORGET THEM.

There has been plenty of good advice from Mods on this site advising this and I wasted time by attempting to get BF to do this for me. They are singularly unqualified to assist

Glad you've finally realised you can do it all for free (and better than these companies as you have a vested interest in getting it right).

Good luck with the FOS.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.