How far back can you go for charges? - now in process

neilloffhagen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Neil,

Is this claim only going back six years, or have you started a claim going back through the mists of time? The reason I ask is that HSBC settled my six year claim today, and after a breather I am going to prepare a claim going back to 1982.

If you have any preparation for a 'longer' claim, can you PM me. I want to see what steps you have taken, and what obstacles you have anticipated/avoided...cheers.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Neil,

Is this claim only going back six years, or have you started a claim going back through the mists of time? The reason I ask is that HSBC settled my six year claim today, and after a breather I am going to prepare a claim going back to 1982.

If you have any preparation for a 'longer' claim, can you PM me. I want to see what steps you have taken, and what obstacles you have anticipated/avoided...cheers.

This claim is only for the last 6 years. Once over with, then I'll start the process with Abbey and then for years further back than 2000 with HSBC. As mentioned before I opened my bank account with Midland in 1974 when starting my first job on leaving school. Why I stayed with one bank for so long is perhaps a mystery, both to others and myself :) Some sort of misplaced loyalty? I don't have the statements back all that way, but I do have some back to the 1980s. So as yet have not started any real preperation.

I'd be very interested in the letter you sent back saying no to the confidentiality clause. May not get one, as some do and some don't it seems, but I'd like to be prepared. Thanks. Neil.

The confidentiality thing was basically 'thanks for the money but no way Jose for the clause' - they paid, so they were probably just trying to rattle me.

Regarding 6+ years, I have started a new thread. Meet me there to discuss statements etc, as my DPA request turned up zilch.

If you want help with the 'icing' for this claim, give me a shout.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

As mentioned claim put in on 11th May, then on the Saturday, 13th May get a letter from Paul Archer, dated 12th May (day claim issued) with reference to the letter I sent on the 4th May saying I would start the claim on the 10th. It's obviously a standard letter, but don't they pay any attention to the letters we send? If nothing esle they are wasting postage and paper :)

Claim status says:

Your claim request has been accepted. The Defendant has 14 days from the date they are served with the claim, to reply.

So another waiting game?

Neil.

• 2 weeks later...

moneyclaim update shows the following:

Acknowledged

The Defendant is allowed a total of 28 days from the date from when they are served with the claim to reply.

Do I now have to wait another 28 days? Or is that from the date they actually were issued with the claim rather than the date they finally acknowledged it?

Neil.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a letter from DG Solicitors offering full refund, plus interest, etc last Thursday. On Friday sent my acceptance, after first crossing out the confidentiality agreement, by fax and post. This morning had another letter from DG saying the money should be in my account within the next couple of days. Som they must have responded to the fax as the letter would only have arrived today.

So a big thank you to all here for your help, inspiration, motivation, etc. Once money cleared will make donation.

Thanks again.

Neil.

Congratulations!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

congratulations

hopefully it will be me ending my thread like that in about 3 weeks :rolleyes:

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks