Barclays have defended....OMG

Buby x
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have now had my case transfered to my local court... Barclays have now defended....Am Quite worried now as I didn';t think it would get to this stage... Is it now that I send the letter to my local court asking for there defence to be struck out...if so where exactly do I find the most suitable letter

Thanks Teresa xx

Hi Buby

If you read through other thread, you will find the vast majority of them have been defended. Truly, you have absolutely nothing to worry about, it's quite normal and will not affect the outcome.

Post the 1st three points that B's have put in the Defence so everyone can check that they are standard.

If it's any comfort, almost all the Defences are standard just like the blurb letters they send out :)

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

barclays have also defended my claim and like you i am panicing. the court bundle looks like it will take me a year to do it and my court date is august 8th!! but having said all of that, they have to defend (i suppose) or they are admitting that they are wrong and you are right.

Buby

Read up on http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html?highlight=guide+to+later

it'll help you understand how straight forward it is (should be!)

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

3 Wins :

Thank you all for your help. It is a lot clearer today.....The only problem I'm having is the spreadsheet. I've used vampiresses spreadsheets on google. When I print them off on an A4 sheet it doesn't print off the last two colums. In other words the spreadsheet is too big for an A4 sheet. i've tried to ajust the page setup but it is still a no-go. can any one help me please

Teresa x

Sorry for the delay...Here are the first few points of barclays defence. If someone could tell me if it is the standard I would be gratefull.

1. The particulars of the Claim do not provide details o particulars of the account in question and?or the precise charges allegd to have been unlawful, or the dates thereof. To the extent it is alleged that the Claimant incurred bank charges on the Claimants account for unauthourised borrowings 9whether unpaid fees for returned cheques, "paid referral fees" or any such fees), the defendant puts the Claimant to strict proof of each charge and the date thereof.

2. The particulars of the claim are summary in nature.Accordingly, this defence is summary in nature and the defendant reserves the right to amend this statement of Case in due course.

3. The defendant id entitled to charge the Claimant for unauthorised borrowing by reason of its standard T & C's. The claimmant accepted the same when the account was opened, including ( in particular but without limitation) the following T & C's ( which are summarised).

These are the first 3 points. I have had trouble doing my spreadsheets I have tried doing them in excel but am having difficulty. Do I need to download some software to view it in excel . Please advise

teresa x

• 3 weeks later...

Please can some one read through post 10 of this thread and see if it the standard defence from barclays.

Also I have had a letter from Southend court where my case has been allocated. I have an ALLOCATION/CASE MANAGEMENT HEARING on 25th September at 2.00 p.m.

What will happen here....Do i need to prepare my court bundle.

Are Barclays due to pay out before this date or will I have to attend

Buby x

Could someone please help me. I think I'm going to have to give up as I've received a court date and I cannot do the spreadsheets. Part of barclays defence is they have not received itemised details of the claim.I have done a google spread sheet but a cannot print the document onto a A4 sheet as it misses half the page. I have tried the advise offered on this thread but still cannot do it

Please help as I'm beggining to think that all the stress is not worth is.

Buby

Hi Buby

I'm PM'ing you about this :)

3 Active Claims:

3 Wins :

Welshcakes...I can't thank you enough for your support as I was really ready to give up...But hey presto I've managed to get the excel spreadsheet working. I'll Do a complete list of charges and send one copy to the bank , another copy to the court and I'll keep one. For the allocation hearing will the judge actually speak to me and if so what do I say as an opening speech, also, am I able to read my opening speech or should I have it in memory.

Thanks again

Buby

Hi Buby

Can you post the exact wordingof the Ordre you've had through from the court so we can see whether it asks for anything or gives indication of how long it will be etc. These things will help determine what is to be expected from you on the day.

Don't post any personal details appearing on the Order such as name or claim number (just substitute with xxxx)

3 Active Claims:

3 Wins :