fee exempt on nhs but have to private?

maybelline
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

as a carer I admit to forgetting about my own health, but a horrendous toothache forced me back to my old dentist only to find, despite being fee exempt in my own right that I cannot be treated.

I can only be seen privately and pay a whopping £60 for the pleasure, so having found the courage and time to get there I was turned away but now my surgery wont give an appt for a dental issue???? so I can just ****suffer even though it could be serious, what kind of health system is this, I am so cross.

I will be contacting the relevant Minister.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

apparently if you are fee paying customer you can go every 18 months, depending on how much you look after your teeth, no problem, seems like blackmail to say if you are nhs you must attend six monthly!

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

This sounds like a case of, we cant do this on NHS prices as we dont make enough money thus you must go private. I think thats how it works. You should be able to try another NSH dentist. May be worth calling NHS Direct.

If you go on the NHS website you can find out where is your local dentist covering NHS adult patients.

I am trying to find a dentist at the mo myself.

If it is an emergency- like toothache- the NHS direct can send you to an out of hours emergency dentist.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

sorry to say have already tried that, but they are out of date, the dentists they gave me have all gone private!

now only hope is gp, waiting for a callback.

• 2 weeks later...
sorry to say have already tried that, but they are out of date, .

yes - it's all out of date by over a year - what a bunch of useless muppets

what's this pathetic waste of space link ? http://nwwtest.nhs.uk/England/Dentists/NearestSearch.aspx it was working a few days ago - now it wont load and everything was out of date anyway (it's number 3 result on google nhs dentist find - Google Search )

I haven't been to the dentist since I was a child , when visiting one a few days ago they said they are not accepting new NHS patients (I am not fee exempt) and it is £60 for a new patient check up as a private patient and I could be seen in a few days , this isn't a problem as I have a health cash plan and don't have toothache but I have seen websites for other dentists charging less (perhaps £60 includes VAT)

I noticed a dental surgery in the borough with a sign stating that they have a new dentist and were taking NHS patients , but of course the NHS site doesn't even list this dentist as existing and I wanted to check whether it is male or female

I was about 30 miles from my home address yesterday and saw a dentists with a sign stating NHS patients welcome so I was wondering what the rules are regarding registering with dentists out of the area that the patients resides bearing in mind I would not need to visit regularly , I assume it would not be a problem for private patients

I live in a very low class area and would rather travel to a more affluent area for my dental requirements , the reception staff are of the same quality as the checkout staff found in Kwik Save and Home Bargains

Yorkshire born and Yorkshire bred, thick in the arm and thick in the head

NHS dentistry is a complete mess. Dentists are now given a fixed X sum of money to run their buisiness and treat Y number of patients. If these funds run out - tough.

Moan to the PCT - they choose where the money goes.

PCT huh! having a laugh arent you, no money left in the coffers! and still cut cut cutting, anyway, the supermarkets have some wonderful self dentistry kits on sale these days!!