Just about to send my D.P. Letter and get started.

jtmack2006
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having spent the last day or so reading on the site I am sending my D.P. letter recorded off tomorrow. 15/06/2006. I have seen so many addresses to send the letter to and was completely confused.

I have read that sending it to your own branch is as good a place as any so thats where I intended to send it.

Would this be the right course of action. (Recorded delivery of course).

Your local branch is fine, they will forward it on to the relevant department.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

That would be fine to send it to your local branch i made the error of sending my DPA to my local branch with no 10 pound fee and although i resent the DPA request to Penny Berryman at Chiswell Street London with the 10 pound fee i got a letter today with an address that i have never seen before which i can only conclude was were my local branch forwarded my letter to because the letter stated that i had to give them authority to take 10 pounds form my account, here it is for all those interested, if it is already on this site my apologies for repeating but i have been here for a few weeks now everyday and have not some across this particular one but for the DPA i thionkthis i the place dealing with SARS requests as the return envolope that i got a a big red DSAR marked accross it the address on the envelope was

Lloyds TSB Bank plc

2138 Coventry Road

Sheldon

BIRMINGHAM

B26 3JW

The Address the letter was posted from and i think this is the best one to use is

Copy Statement Unit

Account Services

Group Operations

Swallow House

PO Box 139

10 Swallow Street

Birmingham

B1 2AL

Hope this helps some people with addresses for the DPA Letter

Regards

adamski8) 8)

Thanks for those addresses.

Looked all over for them yesterday.

Good to know so many people looking after each other every step of the way.

Will keep you all posted - watch this space !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks - not much of an update but just to keep you in the picture, sent my D.P. letter to Lloyds on June 26th 2006. Awaiting reply, expecting my reply will be full of all sorts of codes and unexplainable jargon but no doubt someone out there will be able to keep me right.

Heres waiting ------------

Would be very interested in a reply from someone who is at the same early stage as me in order to follow it through with them.

Hello mate, I am at exactly the same stage as you. I requested my statements through my local branch. To my surprise two weeks later I received a letter like you did with a pre paid envelope with SARS on it.

Instead of signing the letter they sent me. I sent the DP letter from here using the envelope. I'm a bit ****ed off as its delayed my statements by two weeks. I will be patient though. Online back to july '02 I'm owed £1552 so far.

Good luck, we can monitor each others progress.:D

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon you will get them about July 13th or 14th judgeing by mine but i would ring the copy statement unit on 0845 300 4431, i did and mine came two days later even thought they denied receiving my letter!! surprising what a little jog of the memory can do!

regards

adamski

• 2 weeks later...

Wooooohooooo, just got my big brown envelope with all my last 5 years statements and also a summarised breakdown of the yearly charges.

Appears to be quite efficient.

I initially sent my D.P. letter to my local branch and I notice the statements have come back from a Chris Brown from Swallow House in Birmingham. (Copy Statement Unit).

Going to work out how much they have conned me out of now !!!!!

If anybody knows, I take it my next letter is the preliminary application where I am simply asking for the total charges to be sent back to me (NOT INCLUDING THE BREAKDOWN)

Is this correct ??

Thanks again for all assistance.

Hello mate, I am at exactly the same stage as you. I requested my statements through my local branch. To my surprise two weeks later I received a letter like you did with a pre paid envelope with SARS on it.

Instead of signing the letter they sent me. I sent the DP letter from here using the envelope. I'm a bit ****ed off as its delayed my statements by two weeks. I will be patient though. Online back to july '02 I'm owed £1552 so far.

Good luck, we can monitor each others progress.:D

Zedwoo - how you getting on mate, have you had your statements back yet ?

Can I ask a question, as can be seen from previous posts, I have sent off my D.P. letter and have received back statements etc.

I have worked out how much I am claiming back.

I now send the bank my preliminary claim letter with a copy of the spreadsheet breakdown, is that right??

What address do I send it to, presume it is somewhere in Birmingham.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I have been reading through your posts and seems as if I am at the same stage as you all.

I sent my D.P. letter off to

Chris Brown

Lloyds TSB

Copy Statement Unit

Swallow House

10 Swallow Street

Birmingham

B1 2AL

recorded delivery.

I posted this letter on the 11th September - so that's 23 days thus far.

I also enclosed a cheque (I wasn't sure this was the correct form of payment) for £10. Should I keep sitting tight and waiting? Or should I give someone a nudge?

Cheers,

Parlezpip.