Miss Annoyed V Halifax Plc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Halifax have a huge fight on their hands, I am gonna fight this to the death.

They have made me very ill over the way they have conducted themselves. I am a single mother claiming tax credits, and rely on CSA money every month too. I am claiming 2717 from one account and god only knows from the other, which thay have closed down without informing me. I had an overdraft but as i wasnt using that account they didnt re new my facility, so i went into unauthorised over draft 1300. For months they were delving into my other account and taking wat they could from it to go into the other account to clear my OD. I had all my benefits paid into my card cash account, and they took it and left me with 4 pence. This was happening every week, and funny as it seems, it was a race against the bank manager to see who gets the money first.

By me doing this I was leaving my bank empty and so my DD were not being paid, but they still wouldnt if the bank took the money first.

I cried down the phone to them about this leaving me with nothing, and they said cant you borrow from your family. What a F*&%ing cheek.

In the end the bank realised that i was beating them to it and froze my account so i couldnt get access to my benefits, i was so distraught, they made me very ill, and i could see no end to it. So i opened an account with Abbey, and it feels weird having all my money to myself. So i want them to pay.

I have since received a letter from them that they decline my request and now I have sent a letter back basically saying i suggest you rethink your decision, as it will get messy, in a round about way.

How they can do this is dispicable, anyone else had the same bother?:-o

hi ya im sorry to here that and no you are not alone i think quite a few people have had the same experience and you will get your money back

its yours not theirs good luck and keep us posted

Im glad to see you have your money now. But if this happens again, send this letter..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/42170-right-appropriation-stop-bank.html

It sounds like you recieved the standard letter.

Carry on with your claim, and any worries you have, just post on this thread.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hello again Miss Annoyed and welcome to HBOS forum.

We're all looking forward to helping you on your way to getting all those charges back!! And you can and will get them back. Don't settle for less than 100% and don't be put off by the standard letters which are only designed to put you off the scent.

It will happen!!:cool:

hi i had the same problem,you ask for help and they dont help or care i nearly had my house taken of me i had baliffs for council tax knocking on my door,had to take my kids to my mums for tea some nights because they kept taking between £200.00 £300.00 from my £600.00 wages amonth i was as single parent and not recieving any money from my ex,wot a bad time i went through,:mad: how dare they i have just started and i am going to get all my monies back this is personel they dont care if you have children or any thing.

Hi Miss Annoyed the Halifax seem to have a way of doing things you send them a claim they reply with a standard letter looking into claim etc quoting we have 8 weeks to investigate etc. When I claimed from them it took approx 7 weeks from prelim letter to payout. As long as you keep it simple they seem to payout ok, I have never heard of them actually going to court against a claim. Though they are now so snowed under you may actually have to file at court before they payout. Check my thread to see that it can be very easy to win claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-if-successes/66265-dpick-halifax.html?highlight=dpick

All the best you will win dpick:razz:

Hi Miss Annoyed & welcome, you are definitely in the right place. Last year when they took charges for unpaid DD's I rang them, & a snotty good for nothing answered my call, he was literally telling me how to look after my money, I told him it would have been in credit if they hadn't taken it from me, thats when I immediately wrote them letters of complaint, & naturally got nowhere. I didn't know about CAG, until I did a google search, & I'm very glad I found it, I feel much braver now to take them on, & I intend to win. So very best wishes, & if you need any advice, just shout, there's always someone there who can help guide you.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]