style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lindy call the office they may not give you the info as they are numpties, if you dont get it then you can SAR them, cross that bridge when we get there. Mention that you need the info as you are in discussions with your MP!!!!

You most defiantely can

North West Norfolk Conservatives

Lindy you need to be as tough as you can be, PM if you want my telephone number

SFx

SF - Thanks so much. I'm on the phone to them on hold as I type. will pm you. When the letter says £1183.39 plus costs is the costs all the bailiff charges that they want to lump on top?

Have just spoken to Rossendales. They said that the case is closed and it is being returned to the council. I asked him how much they were trying to collect he said £650.60 and another one for £199.30 (I havent got a clue what this one is!) I asked about the charges and the first name of the bailiff for Herbie to check but he said that as it was closed I would have to write to them asking for that information. So where do I stand now with the bailiff charges?

Fantastic news when it has been handed back you no longer have to pay the charges - call teh LA in a fews day to confirm that it has been handed back and to sort out a repayment schedule. I am right in thinking that they never got a WPO, so dont worry about the bailiff, if he even calls you tell him to speak to his company as it has been handed back.

SFx

YOU OWE THE BAILIFF NOTHING!!! :) What I would do is write to Henry Bellingham and highlight this case to him, if you want me to proof read the letter I am more than happy. I personally dont think it is worth persuing him regarding the charges as you have not had a break down and you would need to SAR them and that costs £10.

Well done

SFx

Well Done Lindy 1984, that is a great result adn a smack in the eye for the bailiff:)

The bailiff will be too busy to call back if the Local Authority (LA) have taken it back over. There will be no need to look over your shoulder.

Get it all confirmed over the phone with the LA and then back it up in writing to be on the safe side. Get them to confirm also.

Then follow the advice about rebates etc.

Best Wishes:cool:

the diabled rebate is if its a partner or adult in house, not for a child will a disability, i have two disabled kids and still pay full rent and council tax because a carer/ diabled rebate does not cover your own children.

GCM - you are incorrect and I do not know as far as the OP's posters childs situation but if you have had to make addaptations or need extra room you can qualify for reduction on Council Tax, it is hard to get but it can apply to children.

SFx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all just an update. spoke to someone from recovery at my la to make a payment plan. I explained the reason that I didn't deal with the bailiff was his rediculous charges. She got really mad and said that the bailiffs are allowed to charge you a van fee EVERYTIME they visit your property, went on and on that the charges were faif and I should have paid them. Then she told me that she is a certified bailiff!! which explained her bad attitude!. Anyway, she wont let me make a payment plan, though she is sending me out a payment card at my request. She said I will have to wait for my court hearing for comittal to prison which she is proceeding with despite me saying that I wasn't avoiding paying it and wanted to get it paid as quick as possible. Do you think I will get sent to prison?!

did you get her name? i'd put a letter for complaint in, plus state that you explained you are not avoiding the debt, and that this woman said she would be sending you a payment card, i am sure that if you receive a payment card/plan from the council then this counteracts the 'pay up now' grillings from the bailiffs, and lets just say you do get a letter stating a court hearing, on the papers, you dispute the case because it is unfair for the council to send papers to court as you are waiting for payment card/plan from them, so how can you be in default if awaiting payment card? i wouldnt worry, basically if you do get a letter from court before the payment card, dispute it on the court letter (remeber to put the date and approx time of call, and how long the call lasted and what was said), send it back asap, that will give you some time as the courts have to send your reply of dispute back to the council. by then you should have received your payment card, and once you make a payment , it should stop any court proceedings, also, if it doesnt, KEEP THE LETTER THE PAYMENT CARD COMES WITH, AS IT WILL HAVE THE DATE ON IT, another proof for you to say that you were waiting for the payment card. forget the dcas , basically, once you get the payment card, the council have infact taken the debt back, so no charges, hehehehe

Hi all just an update. spoke to someone from recovery at my la to make a payment plan. I explained the reason that I didn't deal with the bailiff was his rediculous charges. She got really mad and said that the bailiffs are allowed to charge you a van fee EVERYTIME they visit your property, went on and on that the charges were faif and I should have paid them. Then she told me that she is a certified bailiff!! which explained her bad attitude!. Anyway, she wont let me make a payment plan, though she is sending me out a payment card at my request. She said I will have to wait for my court hearing for comittal to prison which she is proceeding with despite me saying that I wasn't avoiding paying it and wanted to get it paid as quick as possible. Do you think I will get sent to prison?!

You need to contact the office again and ask to speak to the manager and make a formal complaint about the attitude of the person you spoke to.And then discuss why this person was so unprepared to deal with your case fairly.

It's amazing how things can hinge on who you speak to at the local authority. When I moved house in March 2006, I owed council tax on the new house for a 18 day period from the 13th to 31st March. I got the bill through for 2006/7 and also one for the short time in March. I rang up and asked if the 2 could be added together and a new payment plan issued and i was categorically told no. So I rang up again, spoke to someone else who said it would be no problem at all!! I had the new payment plan, incorporating the small amount for 2005/6, within 2 days.