Who Or What Are Moorcroft?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have two debts with moorcroft, and my monthly payments were £5each, which then increased to £10 and now to £20 each per month.

After just getting myself sorted (as I am a newbie) I noticed on one account that they were stating the amount to be more then the original debt, and even though I am making payments the amount is never changing. I am posting them out cca's so it should be fun to watch.

Does it mean becuase they are listing in the companies house that they do have a liscense to claim debts.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now we have established Moorcrap actually have a CCL they should therefore be aware of the responsibilities this brings with it in their dealings. They may have one but are they suitable to retain it.

Well now we have established Moorcrap actually have a CCL they should therefore be aware of the responsibilities this brings with it in their dealings. They may have one but are they suitable to retain it.

Probably not, from what I've heard, but I've had no personal dealings with them, so I can't really help further. Hope that was of some use to some people anyway.

Since I requested a cca from Moorcroft nearly three months ago I have heard nothing after paying them £15.00 a month for the last three years. Amazing!!:-?
Amazing Yes, Surprising No.

I trust you are no longer payine these muppets and have demanded your illegal payments back plus interest at 8%

Quote:

Originally Posted by purejayne viewpost.gif

Since I requested a cca from Moorcroft nearly three months ago I have heard nothing after paying them £15.00 a month for the last three years. Amazing!!:confused:

Amazing Yes, Surprising No.

I trust you are no longer payine these muppets and have demanded your illegal payments back plus interest at 8%

Hi ODC. Can you explain all this? I'm curious. Do you mean payments are illegal cause CCA not been produced?

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

You have asked them for a CCA They have not produced it. Therefore they cannot prove you owe any money. So if you do not owe any money that means that any money they obtained from you was taken illegally. But before I commit myself or get you too excited What was the alleged debt for

I wasn't thinking of anything in particular, i just picked up on Purejayne's question.

Is there a difference in the type of account then eg a loan, credit card or bank account?

I'm just interested. There's so much to learn, but i'm really enjoying it. I hope you don't mind me picking your brains! :rolleyes:

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

You have asked them for a CCA They have not produced it. Therefore they cannot prove you owe any money. So if you do not owe any money that means that any money they obtained from you was taken illegally. But before I commit myself or get you too excited What was the alleged debt for

Hi ODC

It was for a credit card debt of about £4500.00 with the Royal Bank of Scotland.

Two points before you get overly excited the monies were paid voluntarily and there is also the little issue of enrichment.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Two points before you get overly excited the monies were paid voluntarily and there is also the little issue of enrichment.

Not wanting to disagree with your expert advice Rory but if they bullied or lied to the poster to get money from them then they can hardly be described as voluntary. Both you and I know the depths DCA **** go to to coerce people into paying debts which they cannot legal prove they are entitled to collect

What does all this mean then? Can I recover my monies or not and how do I go about it. :confused:

Rory is right... as the money was paid voluntarily, you would need proof that the amount collected was unlawfully Assigned by the original creditor.

I realise that this must be confusing when they have not complied with a CCA request.... but unfortunately, non-compliance of a CCA request on its own would not be enough to argue for a refund of payments made over several months/years.