• Tweets

• They haven't got a litigation department - it's all Kev!  So if you don't pay, Kev will pass the matter to Kev.  OK. Not exactly a threat that will stop you sleeping at night.
    • Sorry, but I agree with Plymouth Council as stated in their letter.  Based on their description of their incident. If you disagree, exactly why do you believe the Council have been negligent ?   Does your wife have any disability that the sports centre staff were aware of and they were offering assistance to her during her visit to the centre ? If you feel you have a case, go to a local no win no fee personal injury Solicitors. 
    • Hi Sorry for uploading them wrong. Im not technical at all and self taught so bear with me as im trying my best. Thank you for all the info regarding the signs, this was my thoughts as well. Yes they have changed teh signs since this happened Ill ahve to have a look back through and see if when I took the pictures they were already the new ones or I have the old ones. I cant remember off hand. With regards to Europarks running the site now, Just to make you aware there is another small retail park just across the road and Im sure they are Europarks. The shops within that park are just Aldi and B & M. The site that we received the NTK has a few more shops, Home bargains, The food Warehouse, M & S food and a few others. I put these for identififcation purposes just in case it is the other site that you were looking at. The main entrance sign is on the bend on the left as you drive in the entrance so when you drive in from the right and turn in you can see it in front of you but if you drive in from the other way as we do then you dont see it unless you know its there and as you say you would have to stop to read it al anywayl. The main thing that always jumped out at us was FREE PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY in large letters. Please find the notice of hearing date attached and an offer letter I received from the vultures DCBLegal this morning,    notice of allocation group nexus.pdf vulture offer letter re group nexus.pdf
    • Good Afternoon Stu,  Many thanks for your reply. I will do as you suggest and email them for the exact terms. I shall have a look through the Tenancy Agreement too  myself  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SLC Cannot Supply The Original Agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent my CCA request off to DCA at end of October, not a peep out them so far. another 9 days and theyre in criminal default.

I posted it by normal 1st class and retaib the certificate of posting.

According to Civil Proceedure Rules they are deemed to have recieved it the one day after posting.

Didnt want to give them option of not signing for Recorded Delivery.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try that again in English:

According to Civil Procedure Rules they are deemed to have recieved it the letter one day after posting. ie: the day after the next day after posting.

As I have proof of the date of posting the CCA, I count the allowed days from two days after posting.

Cant help wondering if this isnt a bit, well, taking them on trust that they could get out of it by simply saying they didnt receive it, though.

Absolutely it is! When I'm wanting to make a big point, or send an institution something that's time-sensitive, I always send it a minimum of recorded delivery. Learnt that one the hard way once when I had a balance dispute with a DCA - got Trading Standards involved, but they wouldn't do anything til they got proof that the DCA had received the dispute letters. I had to send it all over again, wasting ~6 months. Gotta say though, that experience got me started on the "standing up for my rights" path ;)

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

what you could do is send a copy of the cca letter to them stating that it is a copy of what was sent to them on xx/xx/xx, and you are reminding them of their obligations,and date which they should have complied by; make sure you send it recorded though. however if you sent a cheque or a postal order if they cash it there will be a trail.

what you could do is send a copy of the cca letter to them stating that it is a copy of what was sent to them on xx/xx/xx, and you are reminding them of their obligations,and date which they should have complied by; make sure you send it recorded though. however if you sent a cheque or a postal order if they cash it there will be a trail.

I sent a CCA to a dca & a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to a lender three weeks ago - both via 'recorded delivery' (Royal Mails 'signed for' service), neither of which have shown as being 'signed for' on Royal Mails track-and-trace online. I've even called the Mail helpline to be told they have no record of either letter being delivered. However - I've had an acknowledgement to my CCA (the reply to which is now well overdure by the way) & a partial response to my SAR. So both letters got delivered. Recorded delivery is less than reliable. I'm told registered post is better - but thats overkill for a letter really. And, a recipient can always refuse to accept a letter - and if they see your return address on the back, they may well do this.

I agree with the above and send everything recorded - having said that, it seems to be good enough for courts to say "we sent you a summons, therefore we deem it to have arrived"

Thought the civil proceedures only applied to items sent by the Court office.

Earlier Posting

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/10900-loan-company-cannot-supply-19.html#post319045

Regs Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I have received a new angel on my CCA request.

I Sent CCA request regarding a loan account as I was sold PPI but Lloyd's have never charged it on my loan and have never made a policy.

So i want to see the original agreement and nothing less..

The reply to my CCA was there is no original copy held with the loans department but we are retrieving the phone conversation held with the Loans department when you took out the Loan. So they are going to use a telephone recording to confirm no PPI when they admit thta i have papaer work form my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) which acknowledges acceptance of my Loan with PPI and this is alos suppossed to cover my CCA request?

This is both CCA's they have now failed to cover.

One reply advising the contact experian as in post 793 and now this stunt with a telephone recording.:confused:

any one had similar as they have to be loosing the plot?

BL

It's becoming clear that LTSB have no clue at all.

They have not replied at all to my S78 request.

They ignored all my letters telling them not to hassle me about my overdraft (all charges) because the account is in dispute. Then they send me a letter saying they've spoken to SCM, agree the account is in dispute and they'll put it on hold. Two days later I get another letter demanding full repayment or else!!

Keep at 'em BL

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

I sent a CCA to a dca & a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to a lender three weeks ago - both via 'recorded delivery' (Royal Mails 'signed for' service), neither of which have shown as being 'signed for' on Royal Mails track-and-trace online. I've even called the Mail helpline to be told they have no record of either letter being delivered. However - I've had an acknowledgement to my CCA (the reply to which is now well overdure by the way) & a partial response to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). So both letters got delivered. Recorded delivery is less than reliable. I'm told registered post is better - but thats overkill for a letter really. And, a recipient can always refuse to accept a letter - and if they see your return address on the back, they may well do this.

I had the same thing happen with an SAR recently, not signed for and yet it got delivered.

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

I have received a new angel on my CCA request.

I Sent CCA request regarding a loan account as I was sold PPI but Lloyd's have never charged it on my loan and have never made a policy.

So i want to see the original agreement and nothing less..

The reply to my CCA was there is no original copy held with the loans department but we are retrieving the phone conversation held with the Loans department when you took out the Loan. So they are going to use a telephone recording to confirm no PPI when they admit thta i have papaer work form my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) which acknowledges acceptance of my Loan with PPI and this is alos suppossed to cover my CCA request?

This is both CCA's they have now failed to cover.

One reply advising the contact experian as in post 793 and now this stunt with a telephone recording.:confused:

any one had similar as they have to be loosing the plot?

BL

Hmm does a telephone call constitute a properly signed and executed credit agreement? let me think ????

NO!!!!!!

I think they have total lost the plot now :D

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Keep at 'em BL

Pete

They do my nut in 6y

Havent got the time for them they are such a joke.

Getting bored of sending letters and clearing up thier mistakes. I could sen 100 letters it makes no difference.

Dont realy know what to say to them anymore CCA dead end.

Will sit on it all.

It's stalemate untill they want some more cash;) :D

Soul destroying sometimes isn't it? I write letters to them and it's either as though my letters didn't exist, or they reply to something I haven't written in the first place :confused:

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

I have had 2 calls from them today despite sending the latter No6 saw a few days ago and despite refusing to answer their security questions so I started letting into the latest and spouting the law and told him I was about to issue proceedings on them. He backed away very quickly admitting he was lost but would mark the account to not be called for a few days lmaoooooooo

"Soul destroying sometimes isn't it? "

Thats what they want to do to you. Dont let them.

You are not a number- you are a free man.

Don't worry about me, I don't let them get to me. Needs willpower sometimes though.

Pete

Just a point thy may claim the agreement to be covered by the distance seeling act as hapened to a friend of mine.

Just point out that according to reg 5 of the DSR financial services to consumers do not apply and they have to opperate under the CCA1974.

Regs Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Thats what im looking for the next step to have my CCA actioned in court but it seem sits a dead end no one has crossed this bridge yet have they?

Not to my knowledge, no.

Pete

peter- I believe tape recordings are not admissable as evidence in court anyway!

Who is to say if the recording has been edited in some way or even that it is a recording of who they claim it to be? All you would to do is deny that it is your voice, or at least refuse to confirm that it was your voice and they would be stuffed anyway.

Clutching at straws- it shows how desparate they are!

I used to be of the same opinion but i am reliably informed that this is a common missconseption

Recording a telephone call while either party has no knowledge of the recording constitutes covert surveillance. This includes third parties listening in, or one party recording without the other's knowledge is inadmissable.

But thease days most companies have an automatic warning at the begining of their reply.

Apparently recorded contracts are used in court quite frequently in order to uphold or challenge a contract.

Although this wasn't always the case and the judge usually asks for a transcript of the recording signed by the plantif.

I suppose when you consider the amount of direct debits that are set up over the phone it makes sence .

Regs Peter

have posted over in debt & baliff forum, but no answers yet. so i'll chance my luck here since this is where the brains seem to be! on the theme of not being supplied with agreement, company have admitted that it can't be enforced by court so I have sent LBA to them for return of money but nuffink yet and they are beyond the time i gave them. so...do i issue an N1 and if so how do i word it ? ta much

Thats what im looking for the next step to have my CCA actioned in court but it seem sits a dead end no one has crossed this bridge yet have they?

I think most of us have ceased making payments and are sitting back waiting for them to respond now.

In my case I have instructed CCCS to not make payments on any accounts where a CCA request hasn't produced the full true copy. if it does appear by some miracle then they have the money to resume payment including those witheld.

have posted over in debt & baliff forum, but no answers yet. so i'll chance my luck here since this is where the brains seem to be! on the theme of not being supplied with agreement, company have admitted that it can't be enforced by court so I have sent LBA to them for return of money but nuffink yet and they are beyond the time i gave them. so...do i issue an N1 and if so how do i word it ? ta much

Hmmmm brains? where ?

Again this is territory we haven't moved into yet. My personal inclination is to complete a paper N1 and send them a copy with a letter telling them it will be filed unless you recieve a satisfactory response within 7-14 days. But is anyone else has any good ideas I'd be open to them.