How long before recorded delivery should be delivered.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest ArthurP
Please do not post in red it is considered rude, Thank you :)

I do apologise but black & white didn't appear to be getting through earlier!:rolleyes:

@ArthurP:

I think you are missing the most important point here.

Just got a reply although it was dated some 10 days ago so dont really know what has happened here.

Royal Mail say the item is still out for delivery but obviously this is not the case

The item is NOT lost (even if you post it in red).

What you are suggesting is fraud - The Consumer Action Group disassociates itself with any such comment.

Suggestions of this kind are not welcome on this forum.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Guest ArthurP

How dare you suggest I am advocating fraud.

My posts have, in the main, been to explain the procedure of lost, damaged and/or delayed mail which you have found so difficult to understand and have continually disputed, wrongly.

Until the OP can confirm what his posting you have highlighted above refer's to, ie a reply from his original letter or a reply from his complaint to Royal Mail which I find confusing, then I assume his letter is still delayed, and now lost, as a further post states it is 16 days and Royal Mail's tracker says the letter is still out for delivery.

My posts have focussed on the correct advice for Royal Mail's compensation scheme for consumers, yours are misleading and incorrect, and what consumer's are entitled to expect in such a situation.

Should the OP confirm his letter has in fact been delivered, and within good time, then that is that.

I have met several people on here who are aware of my username and you have publicly branded me dishonest.

I will now contact this site for further information regarding this accusation.

My comments still stand - OP has confirmed the item was delivered. Your posts suggest the OP should tell Royal Mail the item has not been delivered - to make such a claim would be fraudulent.

If you have a complaint then contact Jonni2bad.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Guest ArthurP
My comments still stand - OP has confirmed the item was delivered. Your posts suggest the OP should tell Royal Mail the item has not been delivered - to make such a claim would be fraudulent.

Wrong again.

My posts suggest that OP should complete a Compensation Form for which he is absolutely legally entitled to do so.

He has no copy of a signature, there appears to be at least a delay (which attracts compensation) and it is vital for him to know the exact date of delivery for legalities.

If the OP has had his letter delivered then he would rather obviously note that on the claim form, however, a claim is still valid for the reasons above.

It is unclear to me whether or not his letter has actually been delivered so only the OP knows whether to claim for lost mail and only Royal Mail will determine whether it took 15+ days for delivery for which the letter would still be recorded as lost as per guidlines laid down by Postcomm for official statistics.

To clarify and avoid any unpleasantries.

1, The Track and Trace system still has my item out for delivery.

2,I have received a reply to my CCA request so obviously the item has been delivered but for some reason R Mail have not updated the information.

3, I made a complaint but am not claiming compensation, merely expressing my disapointment at the failure of a system which is being offered at a premium rate.

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Just a final update for anyone interested.

Received this E-Mail in response to my complaint.

Thank you for your email regarding a Recorded Signed For item with

reference number xxxxxxxxxxx that our website is unable to confirm

delivery of.

I can confirm that your item was delivered and signed for on 13 June 2007.

A copy of the signature taken at the time of the delivery will follow this

email. Unfortunately, because the delivery card was not scanned when it

was returned to the delivery office, it has not been possible to update the

track and trace system on the Royal Mail website.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. If you

still have concerns, please get back in touch quoting our reference number

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards

Mike Griffiths

Customer Service Advisor

Satisfactory conclusion for me.

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs