BEWARE! Royal Mail "Recorded Delivery"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently sent 3 items to HBoS, Trinity Road, Halifax by recorded mail ("signed for" - orange sticker): one on 15th May; two on 5th June.

NONE WERE DELIVERED !

On ringing Royal Mail today, they are most concerned and are sending me a compensation form to fill out . . . .

IN ORDER THAT THEY CAN BEGIN AN INVESTIGATION

(not to compensate me!).

They are most concerned, puzzled, bewildered.

Frankly, I am not!

I am now sending EVERYTHING AGAIN - this time by Special Delivery (silver sticker).

I'd advise everyone else to do the same until Royal Mail's investigation is complete.

• Haha 1

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, only one day a week!

But not our problem:

40 days

14 days

14 days . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

THEN

WHAM!

BAM!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hi Drusary,

I have had exactly the same problem with recorded delivery and like you now send everything special delivery.I know it's more expensive but saves the messing round trying to chase recorded and filling out claim forms.They lost my £10 postal order I sent for my statements.Still waiting for refund!!!!!

Glad

Hi Drusary,

I have had exactly the same problem with recorded delivery and like you now send everything special delivery.I know it's more expensive but saves the messing round trying to chase recorded and filling out claim forms.They lost my £10 postal order I sent for my statements.Still waiting for refund!!!!!

Glad

Hi Glad,

Out of interest - to which address did you send it?

Hi Glad,

Out of interest - to which address did you send it?

It was to the Trinity Road address.

Glad

P.S I'll be claiming back for the costs of special delivery later!!!!!!

You'll probably find that your letters have been delivered, just not updated on the RM system. Recorded Delivery isn't really needed for these kinds of letters - you'd be better off just sticking a First Class stamp on the item.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

As barracad implied, proof of posting is sufficient for these sort of letters.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I got to admit that when I've checked online for "Track & trace" it just tells me that there's no record of delivery:( t haliprats, & that's for everything I have sent by recorded delivery.

Do you think it could be a kind of ploy by haliprats, considering that so many people are wanting to claim all their charges back:-(.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is what I keep getting form the post office online website:

"Recorded Signed For™ items are only tracked after the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent first or second class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later.

%

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you think it could be a kind of ploy by haliprats, considering that so many people are wanting to claim all their charges back.

No, it's just the way Recorded Delivery works - travels with the ordinary mail, is not tracked. With the amount of mail the bank receives on a daily basis, some items are going to end up getting missed and just being delivered in sacks without a signature taken, and the ones that are signed for may not be updated on the track and trace system as they will be signed for in bulk.

If there isn't a signature online, ring RM and they may have a signature for the item, but as I said some will just get delivered without a signature.

A first class stamp is sufficient for your prelim and LBA - you do not need to prove delivery.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Sorry, Barracad!

I telephoned Royal Mail yesterday - they confirmed that all 3 were nowhere in their system.

They said it was incredibly strange - particularly since all three went to the same address.

That's why they want to launch an immediate investigation.

Glad!

You and I (and anyone else who has *LOST* items via Recorded Delivery to Trinity Road, Halifax,) should share our respective Reference numbers with each other and draw Royal Mail's attention to the fact that ours (yours, mine and anyone else - like ja-de) are not isolated cases!!!

• Haha 1

This happened to me too - I naively sent my first letter by standard tarriff. It 'never arrived'. The second one went 'Recorded Delivery' and whilst I could never determine whether or not it arrived, it never appeared on Track & Trace. (but being a good CAG-Man I've sent off to the Royal Mail for compo!!)

Special Delivery works because you get the double-whammy of pre-determined delivery timeframe AND full track and trace (including through RM's system. The other options only track from the point of delivery.

Mac

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Me thinks, I'm going to have to go for "returned charges" from the RM as well now. LOL

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Macboy,

Ja-De has sent me the reference numbers which I'm including on their Investigation Form.

Do you want to do the same?

Dusary - Already scanned, copied and ready - but thanks for the heads-up ;)

Got the response from RM this morning too - they have a 30-day SLA to investigate claims for missng Recorded Delivery items - will keep you all posted :D

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Hmm . This is interesting I sent a letter to my local branch via recorded delivery.Only 29 miles from where i live.Took 5 days to get there.I had no response from the Halifax.The 40 days were up so i gave them 7 days to respond.They still didn,t reply.I checked the tracker,there is no trace of them signing.

I then contacted the Financial Ombudsman on Tuesday of this week to complain.They picked up my complaint and have contacted the Halifax via letter which they would have got on Thurs of this week at the earliest.

Today i recieved a standard letter.How do i know,its the photocopied edition that must be the one most people have got.Basically they have investigated my complaint going back 6 years in less than 24 hours.Then moving on to tell me i agreed to their Ts and Cs and it was down to me to keep my account in order.if i need greater flexibility then extending my overdraft facility.

They then tell me if i wish to pursue this,watch out for unauthorised 3 rd party fims.

Will go back to the Financial Ombudsman now on monday.

Any advice on next steps please,and is this the standard letter? seems like it to me

Hi mixman, yes, this is the standard letter. Just do the same as I've been advised, & that is to carry on with your claim.

ja-de

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only thing that I'm now not quite clear on is, do we all have to start again with our claims, or do we just carry on as normal:idea::idea:

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you considered the Financial Services Ombudsman route? This way you don't have to prove anything - only that you've given the Bank 8 weeks to respond formally.

Also means no Court issue/allocation fees!

Bank Charges: Reclaim them, they're unlawful, get up to six years' money back...

Dusary - Already scanned, copied and ready - but thanks for the heads-up ;)

Got the response from RM this morning too - they have a 30-day SLA to investigate claims for missng Recorded Delivery items - will keep you all posted :D

That's OK then. But if we discover that HBos Trinity Road DID receive them - that'll be very interesting.

BTW. When I enquired at Royal Mail about the Electronic Proof of Posting form being incomplete on the Special Delivery (Registered):

1) The time had not been filled in.

2) There was an indistinguishable scrawl of an initial

3) The "receiver" did not print his/her name

I was told that with bulk deliveries - the postman didn't have the time to stand around and wait for the signed for forms to be properly and fully completed.... and that in the batch of letters that my particular one was in - there were 22 others in that delivery alone. (Apparently, there were three other similar deliveries that day.)