second DCA after Debt I settled with 1st one in Oct 05

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a letter from Capquest in Oct 05 reference outstanding debt of £480 with Citifinancial Ltd. Settled the debt in Oct 05.

Now recieved a letter from DLC saying that I owe money to Citifinancial Europe/Associates £512 which I feel that I settled in Oct 05.

Can two debt collectors ask for the recovery of the same debt and is there anything I can do as I am not in a position to pay the same debt twice

I am sending a CCA letter to DLC but am wondering whether I should do anything else

Any advise will be greatly appreciated

Problem is, can you prove it was settled? Receipt? Marked as settled on a credit report?

How was it paid? Can you get a copy of the paid cheque if paid by cheque? Or a statement if by credit card?

Just thinking aloud now, but you can see what i'm thinking...

Good luck, Dave.

OK, you need to be a bit sneaky first.

CCA DLC, but at the same time, write a nice letter to Crapquest (sorry, slip of the triping finger) asking for a statement of the account.

If you have paid it off, send a copy to DLC with written directions to the nearest short plank over a long drop into water, and invite them to "take a running jump" :D

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

OK, you need to be a bit sneaky first.

CCA DLC, but at the same time, write a nice letter to Crapquest (sorry, slip of the triping finger) asking for a statement of the account.

If you have paid it off, send a copy to DLC with written directions to the nearest short plank over a long drop into water, and invite them to "take a running jump" :D

You are so eloquent mate its untrue :D

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

The emphasis is on them to prove the debt, not for you to prove that you don't owe any money. Personally I would send them the following letter:

Your home address)

Date: ____________

To: ______________

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your Name)

• Haha 1

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Being Scottish I don't like wasting £1 on them for a CCA request.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

If they want to try and pursue the debt you can send them a CCA request. What you are doing is building up a case against them. They probably don't have ANY evidence that the debt is yours, never mind a true copy of the credit agreement.

Sorry for not responding sooner but have been caring for my partners sister as she is seriously ill with secondary breast cancer in her bones and had to have a full hip replacement as she was walking around with a badly broken hip for god knows how long.

Thank you all for your responses I have sent a CCA and yes my partner paid CrapQuest and still has her bank account statements to prove this and we kept Crapquests letter that we paid against.

I am now waiting for DLCs response to the CCA.

When we paid Crapquest we did not know about asking for a CCA and I could not tell you what the debt was for as it was when I was with my ex partner.

I will keep you updated when I receive something from them.

ON our return from my partners sisters there was a nice pink calling card from them saying that they were sending a representative round. I will be honest I tore it up. We are never in so they can bring it on.

I will however follow the advise and write to Crapquest and ask them to provide me with evidence that the debt was settled in full. Hopefully they will supply me with what I need.

Once again many thanks for all your responses