Barclays made an offer?

LynZe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GOD!! Ok a little bit excited., i contacted Dino by email who responded in the space of practically a couple of minutes telling me who was dealing with my claim. i re-sent my original email to Charlotte asking for an update on my claim etc etc and she got back to me by the time i had got home from work saying, and i quote ...

"Provided the charges that you are claiming match up against our records, we would like to settle your claim in full.I don’t have time to do this as present, but someone will contact you roughly a month before your hearing date with regard to settlement."

Whaaaaaaaa!! Fantastic news dont you think??? But does this mean i still have to go through the whole Allocation Questionnaire etc etc... i spose its still a waiting game really .... but brilliant NEWS! i COULD BE 3129.00 BETTER OFF!

can anyone help please, i am in the process of reclaiming bank charges totalling £1,190 i recently sent a second letter stating that if they didnt frefund charges that i would start court proceedings. i had a letter back today saying that they would offer me a payment of £970 , i just wondered should i accept this or take it a step further?

Hi i am dealing with the halifax i filed n1 on the 23rd may acknowledged 1st june, when did you file yours? if the amount isnt right send them the rejection letter and state that you will accept the amount as part payment, keep an eye on your bank account as they usually put the amounts in two seperate occasions, lorraine x

does anyone know how long we're waiting for court dates now? As the courts must be over flowing with people trying to reclaim there bank charges?

Hey you guys!! Ok, my 2nd date for entering judgment has finally come, however Barclays has made a defence!! They are disputing the whole amount!! Do they normally dispute the whole AMOUNT? Im really scared now, I DONT WANNA GO TO COURT!! BOO HOO! I'm hoping they will now write and settle the full amount... help!

No court date yet.. i only noticed by loging onto MCOL to check, and it stated that they have enterd a defence. I noticed that some people have had to wait ages for a court date. I live in London, will they automatically allocate it to a London court? What should i say to the litigation team??

Ok, i emailed the litigation team and this is the response i got. Again.. it looks like a waiting game..

Dear Lynsey,

I have indeed taken over Charlotte’s case load and I have filed our defence with the court.

We will be looking into the merits of your claim nearer to the Hearing Date, once it has been allocated by the court.

At the moment, as I’m sure you can understand, we are being inundated with claims, and have to deal with them on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.

If you have any further queries, I would be happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Ok Ok can anyone help with the court bundle

It all seems a bit weird, gobbledy gook, is it just the first few pages of evidence you have to add and then th rest leave as it is? Im trying to get this sorted asap as i hear Barclays are leaving it until the very very last minute where people are actually attending court!!!

Ok i emailed Sharon again today stating that the court encourages people to settle out of court hence the reason for the email, and should we not come to an agreement on a full settlement i would add this email to my court bundle as evidence of an attempt to settle outside of court........... I have not recieved a reply.

So.. i gradually prepping my Court Bundle. Im not going mental and urgently gathering info as i havent recieved a court date yet, but keeping all paper work to hand, ready for when the time comes, and at present im sure it will, DAMN BARCLAYS!!

Its for dummies so that must apply to me too, cheers saintly I've bookmarked it too :)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!