My first cabot letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received the " we have purchased monument debt " letter from cabot yesterday and considering that i had never heard of the company before i decided to do a bit of research about them and came onto the net

low and behold i came across this site and loads of other people who are having run ins with them.

theres a couple of questions that i raise

1) what percentage of truth is there that cabot have "brought" the debts for considerably less than what i originally owe monument ? if this is the case then surely as cabot have not incured the amount financially they cannot claim that amount from the me concerned ?

2) i have got a dispute with monument which they have never sorted out. I was on a agreed payment monthly scheme with them and they added 2 lots of interest charges even though they agreed to freeze the interest and late payment and over limit fees charges - do i pursue monument becuase i think that will refer me back to caboot in any event

3) there was mention of requesting a copy of the original credit agreement from cabot - do i have to pay for this ?

4) do i still continue to make the agreed payments to monument in the meantime ?

thanks - im newbie on here:)

Kill Bill, welcome to the inner circle of the friends of Cabot. You will be guided like a digitally pointed missile directly into the heart of the Cabot Towers and shown around. You will be taught exactly how to challenge Cabot on every step they make, you will engage in letter writing, the likes of which you have never seen I'd imagine and one's which will give Herr Maynard and his merry men a job to do for a number of weeks if not months, so, sit back, and wait for the cavalry to arrive shortly. You will have the experience of a lifetime, be introduced to characters with the dexterity of Spiderman and the scheming of the Artful Dodger. Just wait my friend and welcome onto the merry-go-round of a lifetime....

Sarah

Welcome to the club - come enjoy the ride...Me? I too am Cabot/Monument .. I'm still waiting for the reply to my CCA request of February ..Monument seem to have decided to NOT reply to my queries re this, I asked them pretty tough questions (not)...Still , life in here is fun...enjoy it ;-)

Just hate every DCA out there

Yup. Welcome indeed. It seems that original creditors have selective deafness when it comes to being asked awkward questions once they've thrown you to the mercy of these bandits.

The usual advice would be to read all the relevant threads. But I suggest you break this task down into bite sized chunks, as they have grown somewhat LARGE. But well worth the effort, I feel. specially Debt Mountain and tBern123's threads.

I received the " we have purchased monument debt " letter from cabot yesterday and considering that i had never heard of the company before i decided to do a bit of research about them and came onto the net

low and behold i came across this site and loads of other people who are having run ins with them.

theres a couple of questions that i raise

1) what percentage of truth is there that cabot have "brought" the debts for considerably less than what i originally owe monument ? if this is the case then surely as cabot have not incured the amount financially they cannot claim that amount from the me concerned ?

2) i have got a dispute with monument which they have never sorted out. I was on a agreed payment monthly scheme with them and they added 2 lots of interest charges even though they agreed to freeze the interest and late payment and over limit fees charges - do i pursue monument becuase i think that will refer me back to caboot in any event

3) there was mention of requesting a copy of the original credit agreement from cabot - do i have to pay for this ?

4) do i still continue to make the agreed payments to monument in the meantime ?

thanks - im newbie on here:)

Hello,

First thing I would recommend is read this quick overview

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cabot/73598-dealing-cabot-101-a.html

Secondly send the following letter,

Mr Ken Maynard

Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd

10 Kings Hill Avenue

Kings Hill

West Malling

Kent

ME19 4LT

Dear Mr Maynard

Your Ref:

I do not acknowledge ANY debt to your company. I require you to supply the following documentation before I will correspond further on this matter.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number xxxxx.

2. A signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement that you allege exists.

3. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Regards

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

when the phone calls start,

send the following email to

[email protected]

and cc it to:

[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

Mr Ken Maynard

Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd

10 Kings Hill Avenue

Kings Hill

West Malling

Kent

ME19 4LT

Dear Mr Maynard

Your Ref:

Further to the numerous telephone calls I have received from representatives of your company. I would like to take this opportunity to request that all attempts to contact me, via telephone stop. Please accept this letter as confirmation that any future telephone calls will be recorded.

Cabots' behaviour constitutes harassment; I require all communications in writing for possible future Court use. Do not telephone me again - remove any telephone numbers you hold for me from your systems.

Your telephone calls are in breach of the Office of Fair Trading guidelines. If you continue with them after the receipt of this email an official complaint, together with a log recording the times and frequency of the calls will be passed both to that office and to the Trading Standards office.

This type of debt collection method is contrary to the 'Administration of Justice Act 1970' in that it is intended to cause alarm and distress to the recipient. Your methods will not be tolerated.

Take further note that continued telephone calls after the receipt of a request not to call may constitute a criminal offence under Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your time and assistance in relation to this matter.

Regards

tbern123 vs Cabot

As Seahorse said take some time to read the other threads and remember if in doubt post a question here.

tbern123 vs Cabot

1) what percentage of truth is there that cabot have "brought" the debts for considerably less than what i originally owe monument ?

100%

if this is the case then surely as cabot have not incured the amount financially they cannot claim that amount from the me concerned ?

Actually they can, but only if they can substantiate the alleged debt.

Send the letter that tbern has suggested and wait for cabot to default (12 working days after receipt of your request). Once they have defaulted you can withhold all payments until an enforceable copy of the agreement is produced.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Oh, are you now in the warm wonderful hands of Cabot ODC?

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

ok what also i wanted to know was consdering iswas making monthly payments to monument on a agreed montly payment plan - irresepctive of that fact that they have sold the debt to crapoot :-0, are people here still paying monument direct the agreed montly plan or not paying anything at all ?

thanks

Oh, are you now in the warm wonderful hands of Cabot ODC?

Yes I was feeling so left out. Im just at the early stage of their threat system at the minute. Its one that is almost certainly SB so I will let them waste a few more weeks of threats to me before pulling the plug. It beats me why they buy these very old debts when they should realise that someone who hasnt acknowledged them despite numerous threats from the whole range of DCAs is hardly going to buckle at the first threat from Crapbot:roll:

I have never paid cabot anything. Once they default on supplying the credit agreement you should withhold all payments to monument.