abroadgirl v Abbey

abroadgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello everyone how are you all

i got the letter today from the court and it was judge bryce i thought it was judge law mmmmmm

i will put it in for u all to see

so now i have to write a letter stone hi what type of letter do i have to do and include charges and interest etc apart from that what kind of letter do i have to do now

okay here it is...................

ORDER In The Blackpool County Court

Parties xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ABBEY NATIONAL PLC

AT A HEARING ON TUESDAY 8TH jANUARY 2008 before District Judge Bryce sitting at The law Courts Chapel Street Blackpool, Lancashire

the judge heard the Claimant in person: and council for the Defendant

and made the following Order

1) The Claimant's application to be remove the stay is dismissed.

2) It is recorded that the value of the claim is £3117.02 plus interest.

end

hugs abg

hiya chris how did you get on

stone how did you get on was it dj law/bryce?

chris who was the dj you seen

well i have got a reply from shabbey the normal and nothing like i wanted they to me are beating around the bush and not really answering what the fos has said and that the claim is less than normal i still have to write a nice letter to the court see why in previous thread when we went to court i dont have to fill in anotherone n244 just a letter

yes chris the dj was on my side

so now i have to reply to abbey for the smaller ammount maybe they may pay up (roll-eyes)

here is what the letter says and it didnt come from mr nannon as the fos says they contacted him and he will contact me huh

i have scanned them will try and get it in here foru all as i want to do a letter back to them now

hugs

abg

well it will not let me put it in here so i am going to have to typw it all :roll:

from copmplaints dept

i refer to your complaint about unauthorised overdraft charges. we believe that your complaint concerns the levels of fairness or lawfulness of the charges if it concerns something else such as admin error please let us know.

although we believe the charges are fair clear and lawful abbey along woth other banks and building soc 6 of them by the way

has become in voled in the legal procceedings with the oft in relation to unathorised overdraft charges which we believe will resolve the legal issues regarding the faierness and legalality of your unauthourised overdraft banking charges

it would be our normal approach to resolve your complaint through our interna; complaints process as quickly as poss ( mmmmeeeer dont think so when it takes them over a month to reply and acknowledge) thats a laugh

however untill the determination of the legal issues in the abvove procceedings we have asked the fsa to suspend the normal timetable for dealing with bank charges complaints and the fsa has agreed to thid request subject to the conditions that protect your rights

given this court case we have asked both the fos and the courts not to procceed with any other case they are hearing until the test case is resolved fos has indicated that as a general proposition it will indeed not to proceed with cases which rely on the legal issues being considered in the test case

similarly you should be aware that if you choose to issue a clain in the courts the bank will immediately apply to the court for an order to stay your action untill resolution fo the banks proceedings with the oft

we note that you have raised concerns regarding your finincial situation if you have any additional info to demonstrate you are suffering financial difficulties please send it to us in the encloseed prepaid envlope quopting the above ref no this will allow us to consider your currant situation

to avoid charges in the future please insure that there is enough money in your a/c to cover d/d s and other payments made you might like to consider cdontacting our telephone banking centre on xxxxxxxxxxxx to discuss your financial arrangements and if there is anything we can do to help

(thats another laugh they closed my a/c without me telling them and this letter is not answering anything really i have to let them have my details of the new ammount wich is less than it was orginally) i dont have an a/c with them since they closed it without my knowledge june 07

if yopu are experincing fianacial difficulty you might like to consider contacting debt counciling or organasations who provide free help what a cheek isnt it arnt they

consumer credit counciling service on tel no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CCCS - Free Debt Advice from the UK's Leading Debt Charity bloody cheeky ......

national debt help line no .......... National Debtline, for FREE CONFIDENTIAL and INDEPENDENT ADVICE call 0808 808 4000

alternativly contact cab

alternativly call our collecdtions and recoveries operations on ..............

who will be happy to talk through the options avalible to you ( i carnt belive this can you)

please note that if collections and recoveries become involed in the admin of your account it can have a detrimental affect on your credit bureau file

we are sorry that we havent been able to respond in full to your compplaint now (have they ever)

but we together with the fsa and the oft think that it is neccesary to resolve the key legal issues before we decide to respond to your complaint we can assure you that once the legal proccedings are completed we will resolve your complaint as quickly as poss and applying to test case principles if at that stage you do not agree (i dont)

with our conclusions you wil of coourse be able to refer your casde to the fos or to the courts

exactly what will happen next will depend on the courts we do not know how long the case will take we have promised to proceed as quickly as possible but inevitably given the importance of the issues being considered this may take many months

to finally resolve

we can assure uou we have registeered your complaint as of the date it was orginally received and have stored it please retain your bank records as this will make it easier for you to support your complaint on resolution of the test case

we will kee[ you updated appropraitley about the procceedings with the oft case you can check the ;atest position on our website at Abbey : Online banking, Mortgages, Savings, Current Accounts, Credit Cards, Personal Loans, Insurance & Inves

the fsa requires us to ensure that your complaint will not be adversely affected by the delay in dealing with it

customers for whom scotland is the most likely jurisdiction should be particularly aware of the following

1 you may choose to take your complaint against us to either the fos or the courts in scotland

2 your rights to refer your complaint to the fos will not be affected the fos provides a comvenient alternative to the courts and is free for consumers however as already explained you should ve aware that the fos has at our request deciced not to determine these complaints for the tome being untill the test case has been decided

3 however if you nonetheless wish to take your claim to the court in scotland you should be aware that the timinng of when you raise a claim against us may be imported as such you you may wish to seek independence advice on filing a claim now to protect your rights although you may have to pay a court fee, if you do this you should be aware thjat the bank will immediatly apply to the court to have your action on hold untill the resolution of the ganks legal procceedings with the oft

yours sincerly

richard harris

head of complaints

note not the person who fos said would be intouch with me

enc fos fact sheet

which is unorthrised overdrafts etc

so now i need to reply to this enclsing spreadsheet of the new charges which is less than the said amount

ty

abg

jan

tyvvvm

for your help

is the intrest still 8%

and do i claim daily interest if so do u know what it is if i add daily interest tysvvm xxxx

chris & stone

how are you both

how did you both get on in court

been thinking of you all

hugs

abg

x

hi stone

wow thats great and sounds really good what dj was it that u had

no i havent heard the news n fingers crossed they will lift and we all get paid roll eyes eh

i didnt know u have a thread can u give it me please ty

i was thinking of using the spreadsheet you did for me or do i just copy it not sure but thats the one i will use its just the intrest etc that is getting me as i mentioned in my last psot here

hope your mum is feeling beter

ty for dropping in and letting us know how u got on

well done love

abg

• 2 weeks later...

hi stone h r u how is your mum.

hi steven

hi everyone stone i am trying to get the 8% changed as on my sheet it says intrest date 12/04/2007 i am trying to get the new figure from 01/12/02 till 21/02/2008 and i carnt find what to do on the spreadsheet u gave me nothing has changed all i want is the new intrest figure so then i can fax it to abbey can you help please i still havent heard anything about the test xcase and what went on etc is there any way or anywhere i can go to read about it please

how is everyone

chris how did u get on what dj did u have in blackpool

how did u get on

keep up your fight everyone

hugs

abg

thats a bloody pain chris july they are pushing it arnt they mmmm guess everyone else will follow i have heard a thing since the test case begun so im kinda lost with whats happening with it etc

please can anyone help i carnt seem to do it and it isnt doing anything so i dont know what im doing

i need the interest for 3,117.02

8%

also will there be daily interest to go with this or not?

i really do need this info so i can get it of to abbey ty

please if anyone knows how to do it will you pretty please help me by letting me know the interest on this figure so i can fax it to the shabby

stone what kind of letter do i have to put to the courts?

thankyou all for all your help keep strong and keep the fight up

hugs

abg

x

hello everyone

my we are quiet

has anyone got any news or updates

come in and tell us

keep the fight up

my next move is

i have wrote to abbey yes you have guessed no reply

i have now wrote to them and i am going to enclose the dj letter saying about the charges and interest

i am still trying to get the interest on the amount in which i have already posted in here as i have tried and it isnt giving me the new interest up to today 1st march

hasnt this year gone quick my we will be buying for christmas next

happy mothers day for tomorrow to all the mums in here and out there

hugs

abg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hello everyone

my we are quiet

has anyone got any news or updates

come in and tell us

keep the fight up

my next move is

i have wrote to abbey yes you have guessed no reply

i have now wrote to them and i am going to enclose the dj letter saying about the charges and interest

i am still trying to get the interest on the amount in which i have already posted in here as i have tried and it isnt giving me the new interest up to today 1st march

hasnt this year gone quick my we will be buying for christmas next

happy mothers day for tomorrow to all the mums in here and out there

hugs

abg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

morning all

well i have sent my letters off to abbey along with the order from dj bryce unfortunatly i have sent the charges with interest from 1/12/2002 up till todays date 3rd march 2008 as i was on the comp all day trying to do the 8% interest but it would just not do it for me so i couldnt wait anylonger so i have faxed it to shabbey as time was running out

so will update you when i can or when and if i hear from them

ty for all your help i will continue to try and get the 8% on 3,117.02 if not i will leave it but i am still trying oh my what am i like i have even tried on my cal oh dear all them figures where do they come from roll eyes

hugs

abg

or bless you all tyvvvvvm for all your help

i never and still not good at figures roll eyes

ok here is what i have done

i have counted the days from 12/04/2007 to 05/03/2008 which gave me a figure of 245.25 added to the interest alread up to april 245.25 +313.97=559.22

total in all to claim back £3,676.24

well if i am right i can go ahead and get this sent of to them

will wait till i hear thats its right

gheepers thuvvm for all ya help

hugs

abg

:rolleyes::mad: yesterday i got a letter form shabby (for those who has read my thread/posts you will have seen it ty)

it was in reply to my letter that jan help and put in for me ty lol

that was in respoce to abbeys letter which i have here so yesterday along comes with our dearly beloved postman pat a letter from shabbey yes you all guessed its the same one as the one i have put in here BUT

now they are asking for a little extra on this routine letter oh yes they enclosed a copy of the fos verdrwn charges gheeppers i can make a book on how many they have sent me stupid or what :mad:

well the lil extra is please provide futher evdience to DEMONSTRATE you are suffering financial difficuties to allow us to consider your currant situation

thats the only difference:rolleyes:

so what more do they want

i havent a clue my mind is going over n over with one thing and another i was or i should say i have started with the chest pains again etcv but i have the spray for under my tongue

well enough of my ranting how are you all doing

how far have you all got

has anyone had any news about your claims etc

anyone else been to court

oh i sent them the order from judge bryce

well a copy not that they havent one as i guess they will have had one

ok this letter has come from the complaints dept with the fos getting intouch with them so do or i should say does anyone think i should send the same to inga/roan

laughs its been along time since i was in contact with them laughs

so should i get inouch with them you never know they may pay up and i didnt let them know about the revised charges etc all help would be great

thankyou all

take care

hugs

abg

hi this is the letter i sent to them

I think in your position I would write back (copy to FOS) something like

I refer to your letter dated XXX . This is a totally inadequate reply to my complaint and is obviously just one of your standard replies. considering you have already sent a representative to court appearance case number xxxxx dates xxxx - your letter does not even make sense.

I commenced this case and registered my concerns originally in XXXX (date) and since then you have employed solicitors XXXXX to defend your case.

Also you refer to my account and advise me not to incurr any more charges??? Very difficult to do that as you closed my account without warning in June 2007???

Dont you think you could at least check your records before just sending me this nonsensical reply???!!

the fact remains that you have been informed on several occasions that I am a hardship case - you have not adhered to the recommend banking code practice in this respect - or to the terms of the waiver with the FSA.

I had no choice but to pursue my case through the court system and since then through the FOS. The court case caused me considerable anxiety and worsened my health.

Reference the FSA and FOS not being involved until the court case is settled you are well aware this does not apply to hardship cases in which you are obliged to at least consider the cicumstances - outside the court system.

I will send this copy letter to the FOS and would expect a more personal and appropriate reply within 7 days.

(enclose details of income and expenditure if you want to and the new spread sheet - also a copy to the court for their records?)

here is the letter i was going on about only the lil extra as i put in my post how mad i am and it to me sounds they are stalling gggrrrrrr

from copmplaints dept

i refer to your complaint about unauthorised overdraft charges. we believe that your complaint concerns the levels of fairness or lawfulness of the charges if it concerns something else such as admin error please let us know.

although we believe the charges are fair clear and lawful abbey along woth other banks and building soc 6 of them by the way

has become in voled in the legal procceedings with the oft in relation to unathorised overdraft charges which we believe will resolve the legal issues regarding the faierness and legalality of your unauthourised overdraft banking charges

it would be our normal approach to resolve your complaint through our interna; complaints process as quickly as poss ( mmmmeeeer dont think so when it takes them over a month to reply and acknowledge) thats a laugh

however untill the determination of the legal issues in the abvove procceedings we have asked the fsa to suspend the normal timetable for dealing with bank charges complaints and the fsa has agreed to thid request subject to the conditions that protect your rights

given this court case we have asked both the fos and the courts not to procceed with any other case they are hearing until the test case is resolved fos has indicated that as a general proposition it will indeed not to proceed with cases which rely on the legal issues being considered in the test case

similarly you should be aware that if you choose to issue a clain in the courts the bank will immediately apply to the court for an order to stay your action untill resolution fo the banks proceedings with the oft

we note that you have raised concerns regarding your finincial situation if you have any additional info to demonstrate you are suffering financial difficulties please send it to us in the encloseed prepaid envlope quopting the above ref no this will allow us to consider your currant situation

to avoid charges in the future please insure that there is enough money in your a/c to cover d/d s and other payments made you might like to consider cdontacting our telephone banking centre on xxxxxxxxxxxx to discuss your financial arrangements and if there is anything we can do to help

(thats another laugh they closed my a/c without me telling them and this letter is not answering anything really i have to let them have my details of the new ammount wich is less than it was orginally) i dont have an a/c with them since they closed it without my knowledge june 07

if yopu are experincing fianacial difficulty you might like to consider contacting debt counciling or organasations who provide free help what a cheek isnt it arnt they

consumer credit counciling service on tel no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CCCS - Free Debt Advice from the UK's Leading Debt Charity bloody cheeky ......

national debt help line no .......... National Debtline, for FREE CONFIDENTIAL and INDEPENDENT ADVICE call 0808 808 4000

alternativly contact cab

alternativly call our collecdtions and recoveries operations on ..............

who will be happy to talk through the options avalible to you ( i carnt belive this can you)

please note that if collections and recoveries become involed in the admin of your account it can have a detrimental affect on your credit bureau file

we are sorry that we havent been able to respond in full to your compplaint now (have they ever)

but we together with the fsa and the oft think that it is neccesary to resolve the key legal issues before we decide to respond to your complaint we can assure you that once the legal proccedings are completed we will resolve your complaint as quickly as poss and applying to test case principles if at that stage you do not agree (i dont)

with our conclusions you wil of coourse be able to refer your casde to the fos or to the courts

exactly what will happen next will depend on the courts we do not know how long the case will take we have promised to proceed as quickly as possible but inevitably given the importance of the issues being considered this may take many months

to finally resolve

we can assure uou we have registeered your complaint as of the date it was orginally received and have stored it please retain your bank records as this will make it easier for you to support your complaint on resolution of the test case

we will kee[ you updated appropraitley about the procceedings with the oft case you can check the ;atest position on our website at Abbey : Online banking, Mortgages, Savings, Current Accounts, Credit Cards, Personal Loans, Insurance & Inves

the fsa requires us to ensure that your complaint will not be adversely affected by the delay in dealing with it

customers for whom scotland is the most likely jurisdiction should be particularly aware of the following

1 you may choose to take your complaint against us to either the fos or the courts in scotland

2 your rights to refer your complaint to the fos will not be affected the fos provides a comvenient alternative to the courts and is free for consumers however as already explained you should ve aware that the fos has at our request deciced not to determine these complaints for the tome being untill the test case has been decided

3 however if you nonetheless wish to take your claim to the court in scotland you should be aware that the timinng of when you raise a claim against us may be imported as such you you may wish to seek independence advice on filing a claim now to protect your rights although you may have to pay a court fee, if you do this you should be aware thjat the bank will immediatly apply to the court to have your action on hold untill the resolution of the ganks legal procceedings with the oft

yours sincerly

richard harris

head of complaints

note not the person who fos said would be intouch with me

enc fos fact sheet

which is unorthrised overdrafts etc

so now i need to reply to this enclsing spreadsheet of the new charges which is less than the said amount

ty

abg

hi everyone i have had too letters of acknowledgement fro the fos.......

still have to do abbey a nother letter mmm what the heck do i put n say in the next one as see below the one i sent

stone if u see this or anyone else do i send it to ronan and inga as well let them have a look ghee they might payout hahahahah

as its the complaints dept im dealing with at the mo due to fos saying mr nasen but as u have all guessed no he hasnt been intouch at all apart from the normal whos signature is on all most letters richard harris

hugs

abg

hi jan and all

tyvvm for all your help

jan i just love your letters ty

iok heres the latest,

yes you have guessed not a thing from shabbey abbey...........

nothing at all from mr nansen

fos said he would be intouch no nothing no letter no phone call nowt!!!

just the sub normal from the normal richard harris.....

i havent had a reply since me sending the letter court order spread sheet hardship letter and many more

so now the fos has everything again and low and behold i have yet another reply from fos........

they have referred it to the case worker to deal with then it is there deccision

so yes i need your help again please

i need a letter to support what i have been saying

about the charges, nothing no communication from mr nansen everything i had done order from dj bryce

its all here in my thread

so can someone please do a letter for me to help me support me etc

thyvvvvvvvm

how is everyone getting on

stone how are you

chris how are you

everyone how are you

come in and share whatever news you have if got none then just come in and say hiya to me pretty please tyvvm

hugs

abg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi kia lovely to hear from you take care will be reading in the group all about it etc hugs

abg

please can jan or anyone help me with the letter for the fos the higher uppers case ombudsman thats like a judge but not a formal i have put it in the post below kia's

tyvvm for any help

hugs

abg