Us Against Abbey

BANKAVENGER
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

We have just recieved are statements and have totted up that we have been charged £8410. We are gonna fight for our money back.

But we need help we havent got a clue where to start.

Any help would be much apprieciated

Cheers

Hi Bankavenger and welcome!

You'll need to look at the Frequently asked questions here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

and the step by step instructions

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Follow these and you won't go far wrong! And you can come here and ask questions if you need help, advice or moral support!

Good Luck!

Hi,

Thanks. We have already done are spreadsheet of charges we want back so hopefully i can send the letter off on tuesday. Then sit and wait. I'm still very nervous. But reading other peoples threads have really helped.

Thanks

:-|

Sounds good! Don't forget, you can't include the 8% stautory interest until you file at court, but if you're claiming contractual interest you should tell them at the start of the claim - I don't know much about contractual interest, just went for the charges and then 8% at court stage!

Read as many threads as you can cope with - you'll know what to expect before it arrives!

Hi Bankavenger

I would urge you to go for at least the 8% interest, this is your right under section 69 would be paid automatically (if you ask for it) from Abbey at settlement, if you need a spreadsheet, pm me with your email address and i will send it to you, it is 8% and calculated from when the penalty charge was taken, it will add quite a bit to your claim and you are entitled to it, if you need help with the spreadsheet then there are enough of us around to help you

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi, yes you do, but you can just hide it in your spready when you send it to the bank

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***

Hi

I sent off my 1st letter with my schedule spreadsheet demanding my money back within 14 days. i've recieved a letter tis morning from shabby today saying they are sorry to hear i've been so unhappy that i felt i had to complain and that they will look into it and get bak to me in four weeks.

what should i do shall i still send my LBA after the 14days is up.

Thanks

Hi BankAvenger. I am one step ahead of you. If you follow timescales as per letter sent on Tuesday 5th June 07. If they haven't responded with a settlement (unlikely) you should be looking to send them a Letter before action on 19th June 2007. I have subscribed to your thread and will follow up. all the best. In the mean time read and enjoy, comment as well if you can on some of these threads.:)

Andy

ANDY VS ABBEY 23rd April 2007 -

'Don't get mad, get even'

'Patience is a virture'

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your comments i've been reading your thread lol. you've had fun on here a. yeah thats the day i work it out to send my LBA.

Thank you again,

I'll be keeping a close eye on what goes on with your claim to.

Claire :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Subscribing! Best of luck. I'm a couple of weeks behind you. :)

deedee

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Hey BankAvenger.

Just wanted to know how your claim was going? I have just sent my LBA to Abbey on Wednesday 27/6 by Special Delivery. Countdown to N1 started from yesterday.

Update us soon. :)

deedee

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Hi Deedee,

I've heard not one thing from abbey, i went and got my N1 from the courts and i'm now in the process of getting everything ready to take down on thursday.

Bit scary lol, :-|

Claire

oh and another thing does anyone know the head offices address cause i've had various letters from lots of different adresses

help me??????

Hi Claire.

Please see info below

Address to Serve Court Papers (Registered Office)

REGISTERED ADDRESS: -

ABBEY NATIONAL PLC

ABBEY NATIONAL HOUSE

2 TRITON SQUARE

REGENT'S PLACE

LONDON

NW1 3AN

This link tells you how to fill in your N1 and what to include when sending it to court and yes - to answer one of your questions, you will need to include your charges schedule. :)4. Particulars of claim - N1 - hard copy version

Hope this has helped?

deedee

My threads

Hi Deedee,

Thank you very much. I'm over the moon at the moment been running around the house whooping for joy at the the amount of money i'm claiming now that the interest is on its over 10 grand. still s*****g myself like.

Thanks again hehe.

Claire :D

Hey Claire.

Just wondered if you have had any news yet?

deedee x

My threads

Hi Deedee,

Na haven't heard anything from shabbey, but i've got my N1 ready there taking it today, when i can motivate myself and get dressed and ready. How are you getting on?

Claire :-)

Hey Claire.

Go get them! Remember they used to have no hesistation taking our money and then sending threatning letters.

I sent my LBA last week. I'm itching to file my N1 but am still a week away. As I have just started a new job, I will need to send it Special Delivery to the court or by bike courier. My file date is 12/7/07.

I can't wait! So come on get dressed (think of the money hinging on this form)! :p

I've got to go as I'm off to court myself (for another civil matter).

Wish me luck. I'll explain later. :o

deedee xx

My threads