halifax declining refund of charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have been using the cag templates and information on this site to try and get my bank charges refunded from the halifax bank. All of my charges relate to unpaid direct debits at a cost of £39 each time.

I have followed through each step and got as far as the letter before action. Today I have recieved a letter from them stating that my claim has been declined because when I opened my account in 1997 there charges were stated in the paperwork.

Is there anything i can do or is this the end of the road!!

I am absolutley gutted today as I told all freidns and family to do it and they are all getting money into their accounts

The amount I was trying to claim was £2800 ( dont know if the amount affects the claim)

PLease help!! need some good news

you would get more responses by posting this in the halifax forum.

Regards the charges, just because they have sent you a letter saying they arent going to pay, shouldnt stop you, continue as you were, once the 14 days are up on the LBA then start the court action, if you are unsure of what steps to take read the FAQs and other threads in the halifax forum, you will find that the letter they have sent you is completely standard and all that will have been changed from everyone elses is your personal details.

Most of all dont panic, all the help is here for every step of the way

:madgrin:

I have also been trying to get my charges back formthe halifax. We sent the first letter and a cheque to get details under the data protection adn we just got a letter saying they were looking into our complaint. We have had a letter today stating that the charges would not be repaid as we agreed tp them when we opened the account. They have not complied with my request under the data protection act as I have not been given a list of charges or statements.

Can anyoneadvise the next step. Should I write saying they have breached the data protection act and I still require the list of charges. and then just continue by demanding the refudn of charges once I have the list.

Also dealing with RBS, who sent my statements no problem. Claiming £2500 form them just sent the letter requesting payment just sittign adn waiting now.

Advice most grateful

Thankyou

I did after my initial panic and posting read on and find the halifax thread! thanks again

Oh, I was already up to the court stage as the 14 days has passed.

Do I just start court action or acknowledge their letter and advise them of what I intend to do!

want to make sure I do it properly

Yes, Start court action.You have given them more than enough time.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

gilly5001,

Hi and welcome to the CAG site.

You've definately taken the first step into claiming back what's rightfully yours.

Spend time reading the FAQ's and the Step by Step guide as this will stop you making mistakes along the way. Use the letters and spreadsheets in the Templates Library as these have all been tried and tested in successful claims. Read as many threads as you can especially ones that relate to your bank. This is a SELF HELP site and won’t do the work involved for you. However, everything you need is on here somewhere.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions, no matter how stupid they may seem, but please remember that any advice that you receive is normally based on experience only and that you should seek expert advice if required.

Once you start the process of your claim remember to open a thread in the relative bank forum, this will enable you, and others helping you, to keep track of your claim.

Goodluck with your claims.

Useful links to help with your claim

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Letter Templates

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Interest Spreadsheet

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Court N1 form

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

Mcol Particulars of Claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Ive used this site and the forums to pursue the Halifax for £2965. I filed a N1 on the 14th of June, the halifax have acknowledged this on the 2nd July. Today I have recieved a letter from them offering £1100 in full and final settlement!! (yeh right!!!) Just printed off the letter sayin I will aceept as part payment and will continue with court action for the rest. They havent sent a cheque but have said they will credit my account in 14 days. Just wondering if anyone out there has any advice. Not sure whether to ring a d decline offer or just to send letter and see what happens! Dont want them crediting my account and claiming its settled

Thanks

Gilly