Lloyds TSB in 2nd Claims Victory

lea2001gb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have just read on BBC1 news that Lloyds TSB have claimed another victory in the charges arguement. Apparently this time it was at Lancaster County Court. It is claimed that the guy who brought about the case did not give an adequate case to claim back his charges. Would love to know what is being stated as adequate.

Abbey - £539 pending - !!!WON!!!

Halifax - £676 pending - stayed at court

2nd Claim with Halifax - £168 pending

Lloyds TSB - £780 (sisters) !!!WON!!! - Filed waste of costs order (on hold)

Barclays - Barclays filed crap defense - on hold

AND THE BANKS ARE STILL CHARGING!!!!!!!

How very dare you!!

Guest amethystdragon

Hmmm I'm a little worried about this as my cases are at the Lancaster County Court but I understand that the claimant did not turn up to fight his claim which tbh is more than a bit stupid!!!

Just makes me search through all these sites more carefully to ensure that I have all the information I need. I think the trick is to turn up for the hearing though lol although the bank didn't turn up to either of the hearings that they have won. This is all getting very confusing now and really un-nerving!!!

Abbey - £539 pending - !!!WON!!!

Halifax - £676 pending - stayed at court

2nd Claim with Halifax - £168 pending

Lloyds TSB - £780 (sisters) !!!WON!!! - Filed waste of costs order (on hold)

Barclays - Barclays filed crap defense - on hold

AND THE BANKS ARE STILL CHARGING!!!!!!!

How very dare you!!

Well, considering that some people file their claim with particulars stating:

"claiming my charges back" and nothing else, it's hardly surprising, is it... :rolleyes:

We state all over the forum that this is a legal process and there are no shortcuts. Sadly, some other sites, which will remain nameless, make it look like a case of 2 letters maximum and you're done, which can come as a bad shock to the system when the bank refuses to roll over. Here, we say: "the odds are in your favour that you won't have to go to court, but you must be ready just in case". ;-)

Sloppy claims are more likely to fail. There's a lesson to be learned here. :-)

Don't get unerved. This site has always told you to be prepared and be ready to turn up in court to argue your case.

The 2 'victories' for Lloyds were for non appearnce in court and inadequate argument. The message is simple:

BE PREPARED AND TURN UP.

If you are unsure of anything, post questions here. But please do it on your own threads (if you don't know how to do that ask and I will help)

Please don't let this thread get clogged up with panic. Thanks.:p

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

Well said Bookworm.

Hadn't read that before I posted mine. The web-site that is not mentioned was the one I first followed. I only came here when I received the no AQ bit.

Was then surprised at the complexity of everything.

If I am correct, the website you refer to, has done excellent work in urging people to get the charges back.

But having said that, is there any chance of asking for a more forceful endorsement from said site that people come to us at the filing at court stage?

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

BBC NEWS | Business | Lloyds wins second charges case

The claimant himself has even stated that he felt his paperwork was not good enough.

Even more interesting is the fact that one judge has 'alledgedly' written to Lloyds and asked them to supply a list of all cases against and highlight those paid before court date - Seems to me the judges are starting to get knarcked off with the banks now.

Nationwide - S.A.R sent 3/1/07

Statements receieved 01/02/07

Pre Lim sent 10/02/07

LBA sent 25/02/07

MCOL Submitted 14/05/2007

Case Closed - Won from NW 14/06/2007

Lloyds TSB -

Prelim sent 30/04/07

LBA Sent 15/05/07

OHs Lloyds TSB

Pre Lim Sent 30/04/07

LBA Sent 15/05/07

T-Mobile - Prelim sent 8/1/07 **WON** 18/1/07

Capital One - Prelim sent 10/01/07

Offer letter receieved 29/01/07

Don't get unerved. This site has always told you to be prepared and be ready to turn up in court to argue your case.

The 2 'victories' for Lloyds were for non appearnce in court and inadequate argument. The message is simple:

BE PREPARED AND TURN UP.

If you are unsure of anything, post questions here. But please do it on your own threads (if you don't know how to do that ask and I will help)

Please don't let this thread get clogged up with panic. Thanks.:p

Hi brokedave,

I am totally lost using this site. I dont know how to post onto a specific thread and I need advice with my claim against Lloyds. I really do need to be lead by the hand.

This might be easier...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=9

Just click and go..;)

If you keep all your posts on your thread and some one will always be around to help you.

If you have a question, just ask.

But the best advice is to read, read, then read some more.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

These wins have made me glad of two things

1. My case wasn't in birmingham

2. I turned up!

Seriously now anyone who is a bit worried really doesn't need to be. Follow the process on here to the letter. Remember the buzzwords: RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH. And most importantly:

If your are stuck just ask for help (though not last minute)

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court