Require Urgent Help. In A Big Big Pickle Involving Cccs

MRMISERABLE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I need some advice. I am in a big pickle at the minute. I have tried to organise a DMP with CCCS which they are in the process of setting up wth all my creditors. My problem is that the banks and companies in question have hit me with alot of over the top charges... nameley halifax a few thousand and natwest a few thousand. would it be wise to try and claim these charges back myself? my concern is if i do try and claim them back, they will reject my DMP, enforce the default notices and try to take it further afield? any suggestions?

Hi, Mr Miserable

Cheer up! They are very unlikely to object to a DMP as it involves an agreement for you to pay a reasonable, affordable amount of money.

This is all they would get from a judge, so it makes a great deal of sense for them to accept a reasonable offer.

A DMP from CCCS is very, very unlikely to be challenged as CCCS go through income and outgoings very thoroughy. Check out their website under 'Preparing a Budget'. Be accurate and be honest. Then you can defend it morally and legally.

Good luck with the DMP - it's a huge step towards to returning to the promised land of solvency.

As regards the charges actions against Halifax (HBoS) and NatWest, they are entirely separate and should not affect your DMP.

You will receive your refunds either as cheques, or possibly as credits into the accounts which are still 'live' and in debit.

Send regular statements to CCCS, particularly if you have been credited.

Use the cheques wisely, and reduce your liabilities wherever you can.

Focus, be honest, be diligent and you will get there.

Go for it.

HTH,

T.

"Weasel (n): any person or group that operates in that vast grey area between good ethical behaviour and the sort of activities that might send you to jail".