Many DCAs ...one step at a time!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning...

This mornings post brought confirmation from Moorcroft that they cannot supply signed credit agreement re.littlewoods extra.(returned po).

Also from Moorcroft re; Argos..They are going to contact client and request relevant info. and want me to 'give an indication of information you will be providing, when giving evidence to the court...' ..'please confirm whether for example you did not receive the credit/goods ordered...' Im sure I have read that I do not reply to this?

Now Reliable collections are acting on behalf of JD Williams.....They have sent me a 'true copy' of the agreement but it does not (according to them) have to have my date and signature on it ( blank copy of credit agreement sent). not sure what to do here..a while back I asked for charges and they refunded all the £12.00 charges back to my acount.. So as I have acknowledged this , the fact that they cannot supply a cca does it still mean I should carry on with the payment plan??

( All other 6 RD letters now confirmed 'lost' by Royal Mail.. and will now re-send by special delivery...if funds allow)...

regards

Jane.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Afternoon,

I have just received todays mail and am surprised (not) to find that one of my unsigned CCA request RD leters to GCC LTD (acting on behalf of Great universal cat.,) alleged debt has now been 'legally assigned' to Fredrickson Int. Ltd.!!

Do I send a CCA request straight to F I Ltd and at the same time send one to Great Universal..? I sent the original CCA request on 31st May to GCC Ltd.,and as mentioned it was unsigned for.

many thanks

jane.

So today, Next have confirmed that they do not hold a signed credit agreement, but have entered a default entry on my credit reference file, is this usual?

Moorcroft have sent me an application form for Argos?!

moving on...

I would write to next and confirm that without the agreement which they have confirmed they don't have that 1) no agreement=no enforecable debt so the account should be reduced to zero and closed, 2) no agreement=no permission to share your data with third parties ie CRA or to process your information in any way. So they should remove any and all entries made with the CRA's and cease processing your data imediately. Think there is a template letter somewhere that covers this. You have them against the wall :) I assume as moorcroft only have an application not an agreement the same applies to them as well.

good luck

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

Companies have no right to process your information if the debt is not enforceable. I'm the same as Ali and can't think which threads i've seen all the useful info.

I'll be back....:D

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

I've just pinched some info Rory posted on Diddy's thread:

Re: Letter from Clarity on behalf of EGG CC

As I think was posted on another thread Diddy your agreement is very borderline in terms of whether it complies or not.

If you are going to claim back charges you will have to acknowledge the debt. However, as you are awaiting the results of the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) I think it is sufficient to simply say that the account is in dispute. I would refer you to the relevant OFT guidelines:

The Office of Fair Trading provided a Code of Guidance that is in relation to Debt Collection: OFT 664 Response to consultation paper and final guidance on unfair business practices dated July 2003

Deceptive and/or Unfair Methods-

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:-

k. Not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

I would also inform Egg that they should not be entering anything adverse on your credit file while the account is in dispute.

The Banking Code section 13.6:-

We may give information to the Credit Reference Agencies about personal debts you owe us if:

The Amount Owed is Not in Dispute.

Hope that helps ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.