Tracey vs HSBC

Lenlu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again guys, ill let you know when i hear more then :) Just confused me as it says on the front page that the defendant has 28 days from the date of service to file a defence ???!!!!

It is a bit confusing. they have 14 days from the date of service to acknowledge. This means telling you what they intend to do such as defend or pay you in full or whatever.

Once they have acknowledged, if they have said they intend to defend, the time limit changes to 28 days from the service date to get their defence in!

Hope this makes sense!:)

OK the form i received says Notice that acknowledgment of service has been filed, the on the second page it is the acknowledgement of service form and a box has been ticked to state 'I intend to defend all of this claim', so have they missed a step? is is 28 days from now then? or is there another form to say they defend?

Sorry for being a pain :)

Hi, I think that sounds correct, as that is what mine said, I may be wrong but going by mine they still have 28 days to submit their defence, you will then receive a copy of their defence from the court and then you wait for the court to decide next step, if anyone thinks different please say

• Haha 1

maybe this is a little easier

claim filed, claim served (if no date given - considered served 5 days after it is filed), 14 days from served date in which they must acknowledge, when they do then 14 days more in which they must defend. so, total is actually 33 days from filing to their deadline to defend.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so just checked MCOL and it says DEFENCE 18/06/2007 so they are obviously defending which is no surprise, but I have yet to receive anything from anywhere? What happens now?

You will receive notice of transfer to your local court together with a copy of thier defence.

Then you will receive directions from your local court as to what the judge want to do with the case.

You need to have a read of the 2 aq threads that lat has done so you know exactly what happens next. I will post the links here for you in a mo.

Havent got anything yet from anyone, last post I got was 2 page latter, first page was notice that acknowledgement of service has been filed in the northampton county court. This was dated 20th June? Says 'An acknowledgement of service of your claim has been filed today, a copy of which is attached, the defendant now has 28 days from the date of service of the claim form to file a defence'.

The secodn sheet is a copy of the acknowldegement of service

I belive northampton is the MCOL court?

Yes this is a nothampton document.

When you first filed your claim you received a notice of issue which has a deemed served date noted on it. DG solicitors have 28 days from this date to submit their defence.

Following this you will get a notice of transfer to your local court.

pete

Looks like the MCOL dates are wrong somewhere. Acknowledged on the 20th but defended on the 18th? Give thenm a ring and ask what the status of the claim is.

What date did you file your claim? There will be a deemed served date on mcol and it is 28 days from then that they have to defend.

Offer received today for £490, chaim was for £656 originally so a fairly good offer, but not now I have paid my £80 to the court.

anyone off hand got a link to the decline letter?

Also still not heard off MCOL with the details for the local court.....will this take a while?

PS In the letter ir does say that the costs are in the terms and conditions and 'if your claim for a refund proceeded to court, we therefore belive we would successfully resist any legal challenge in relation to those fees'

eeekkkk scare tactics? That sentance is making me think now :(

Should I be concerned I have not received anything from the local court yet? or even MCOL, its update online they have transfered but I have received nothing and its been over 2 weeks now