Ebay - Item Not Received....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

as a seasoned ebayer, 5 days then to open a dispute is not enough time, its i bit quick to be honest, you must allow 14 days for delivery and that the ebay and paypal regs,

was it sent recorded or signed for delivery, if so then paypal will side with the seller,as long as he can provide a tracking number.

its a probability thats its just held up in the system

TOTALLY debt free as of 2007, Fantastic,

What was the item? i would also wiat 14 days just in case, if the seller posted say a guitar by second class post then it could take 8-10 days to reach you, (this has happened to me)

I would escalate with paypal after 14 days an dif the seller was daft enough to send £265 worth of goods normal post then i beileve Paypal will side with you as he will not have proof of post/delivery

Firslty you should ask the seller to take it up with his place of posting ( i have heard of items being left behind in post offices) you should also ask you local post office to start having a look for it also but a lot of this will depend if he has proof of postage,

Why would he send something of this value normal post (it would make me wonder)

Long time ago in a galaxy FAR FAR AWAY, there lived an elf who shot banks for a living.........

Now through the power of the internet there is the CONSUMER ACTION GROUP,

Watch out they are getting crafty those pesky CRITTERS!

Banks will tell you their charges are transparent!

So is the invisible man but that does not mean he is fair or lawful.

DONT GIVE UP! FOLLOW THE CAG ADVICE AND RECLAIM YOUR CHARGES.

CAPITAL BANK! YOU ARE NEXT.

then he has failed to comply with paypal regulations, do not worry you will get your money back as you are covered and in theory if it is actually delivered to you, how can he prove the item has been delivered... in my opinion he is a very silly man, there is nothing stopping you from making a bogus claim and getting your money back, i am not advocating this as it would be unethical and probably illeagle. if you paypal is linked to your credit card then you can claim that way.

TOTALLY debt free as of 2007, Fantastic,

No, it's not, as you have absolutely no evidence to say a crime has been committed. If you go to the police now, they'll say it is too early for them to investigate, as you are supposed to allow for 14 days before RM will consider an item lost in post.

I totally agree with bookworm, 14 days minimum, then look at the avenues, Can i ask what you bought? i dont think it matters what you paid in postage, the seller has the responsibilty to provide at the very least signed on delivery if you pay with paypal, Paypal will side with you and return your money at the sellers expense otherwise.

Long time ago in a galaxy FAR FAR AWAY, there lived an elf who shot banks for a living.........

Now through the power of the internet there is the CONSUMER ACTION GROUP,

Watch out they are getting crafty those pesky CRITTERS!

Banks will tell you their charges are transparent!

So is the invisible man but that does not mean he is fair or lawful.

DONT GIVE UP! FOLLOW THE CAG ADVICE AND RECLAIM YOUR CHARGES.

CAPITAL BANK! YOU ARE NEXT.

Is the seller in the UK?

If you paid by Paypal the seller has SEVEN days in which to post the item in order to be covered by Paypal Seller Protection. Therefore, as it's only day 5 I think talking about the Police etc and claiming through paypal is all a little bit Over the Top and unnecessary.

TLC - Do you have good reason to suspect this seller is telling you anything but the truth?

Are you CERTAIN that they sent the item normal post, or are you assuming, taking in to account the postage price that you paid?

5 days. Are you including Saturday and Sunday in that? In which case Royal Mail class those as non-working days.

Has the seller actually told you the date of postage?

:) Sorry to ask so many questions. I'm intrigued as to why you seem so convinced the seller is being anything less than honest.

Could you perhaps post the sellers ebay id? If not if you PM it to me I can take a look and see if there is any reason for you to be worried.

:confused:

PS IF the item doesn't turn up after 15 days (Royal Mail's deadline for missing post) then you should start a dispute in paypal. Whether you will get a full refund will depend on many variables. If the seller has a tracking number, if they offer Buyer Protection on their auctions, how you funded your purchase etc etc. Let's hope it won't come to that. It's only 5 days!

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)

If it was 5 days ago then I am assuming 18/19th May

On 18th May only two cameras of that price range sold. Both of which are quoting £12.99 as the postage and are a Powerseller's item. S/he has excellent feedback.

Most of those sold on the 19th are from the same Power seller.

Are you by any chance a new ebayer? Is your seller new too? Could you post up the item number? I think I may have found one likely one, but that was only completed yesterday!

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)