Is anyone up in court with A&L soon?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yeah, we are all in the same boat now - its the waiting bit and if we all keep an eye on what happening to each other. What would we do without this place well I would of accepted I know that for definate I would of been too unsure to do otherwise.

x kate

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister (who I'm doing the leg-work for) has rung the court and been told that an AQ is not appropriate in her case and the hearing date is set for 1st August:confused:. I'll know more when she gets the letter (hopefully tomorrow) and I can take a look. Wonder if they'll be any "special directions" of any sort.

Suppose it could be time soon to send out the draft order for directions. This all started at the beginning of the year ... hope to god we can get this sorted soon:rolleyes:

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

I got a letter today about a preliminary hearing. The AQ was dispensed with so the last few bits were me sending my 2x lba, refusing a cheque for £180 (the claim is 10x that!) and it being passed to my local court. The letter I got TODAY is for a prelim hearing in a week. It feels like it has been going on forever, as I initially requested my statements on the 14th January and it took them well over the 40 days to respond, then they've stalled on everything since!

We are still waiting to hear anything else after the last letter from court with a copy of the defence (over 2 weeks ago now)

I have all the stuff ready for the court bundle anyway (lucky that we have a copier/scanner thing at home so done have to traipse around to copy!) it will just need printing off - if it ever gets that far!

If they are this behind with just the few of us who are claiming - think what would happen if everyone with a bank account claimed!

I have started my court claim for £995. I had mt Notice of Trasfer of Proceedings from northampton County Court through yesterday. The part about filling out the allocation questionnaire and returning it was crossed out. On the 2nd page it said "IT IS ORDERRED THAT: the filing of an allocation questionnaire be dispensed with in this case unless the Ditrict judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise." I called my local court this morning just to check what I needed to do now, she told me that they are not doing allocation questionnaires for these type of cases and that they are waiting to receive the paperwork from northampton court before they can take any further action. So all I need to do is sit tight for now and wait for the next letter to come from my local court with a hearing date, or a letter from A&L with full pmt.

I have already received the letter from A&L with a chq for a 1/4 of the amount of my claim and asking me to accept that without admittance of liability on their behalf. i returned it saying that was unsatisfactory and owuld only accept the full amount of the claim in order to close the matter and cancel the court case.I have heard nothing yet and will just have to wait and see what happens next.

Good Luck all x ;)

I'm still stuck i can't get my head around the court bit, all this interest calculating and making sure everything is done the right way is doing my head in, i'm on the verge of packing it all in for the sake off a couple hundred quid

;) spiderman dont give up,just sit back and relax a bit.i had the same feeling a few weeks ago from trawling through threads and adding it all up.it realy got me down.my partner made me switch it all off and have a quiet night at home.it worked a treat and everything fell into place.now im having fun with it all

chubbs

Im just so confused now the cag chat has been closed, i want to get the case ended, i have the N1 form but don't know what to do with it except read it over and over again, i know there is a draft letter to go with it but not sure what goes where on it, if there is anyone out there that can stear me in the right direction i would be very grateful, i'm not that clever anymore at taking things in since my accident at work some years ago. anyone that can help on a one to one basis can add me to yahoo mail im usually at my comp most days early to late evening my id is [email protected]

thanks

:|

I'm still stuck i can't get my head around the court bit, all this interest calculating and making sure everything is done the right way is doing my head in, i'm on the verge of packing it all in for the sake off a couple hundred quid

Hi Spiderman

Try not to worry too much about it. We all have our times where we are unsure.

Let us know what you're worried about and we will all try to help as much as we can. There is alot to trawl through I know. Try and make a point with your questions ie: what is the court bundle? where can I find out how to fill in the AQ.

I will be happy to help by sending it to you by message instead if you're worried. Someone always seems to know the answer.

We'll get there together, keep us informed.

Claire

can i just say things are getting sorted regarding my last couple of posts thanks to all on this thread with special thanks and bestest regards to claire, coz without her help i would be well and truely err F*******, thanks clair:)

Im going to ring the court and see what they say, i hope they aren;t letting them have the extra month :(

Hi Jess68

How did it go when you rang the court? My AQ isn't asking for 1 month and I worry that I've done something and they want to get it to court so they can win. Also they have asked for 1 witness but can't think who they would call, maybe something to do with Lloyds case.

I still don't think they will turn up so trying not to get too paranoid, where is every one else in the claim now, anyone got any further, or heard anyhing?

Good luck to all still

Take care

Claire

Hi, my claim seems to have gone through a lot quicker than a lot of yours for some reason and its made me nervous!:(

I started my clain for £1710(inc interest up to april) in april and I already have my court date. Its 28 th june and its 14 days after me c-section!!! I wonder why mine has gone through already??? I hope they dont want to make an example of me???:???:

I would say it's down to your local court not being as busy as some others, or perhaps they want to get the bank charge claims out of the way soon as they know it's unlikely these will ever reach court.:rolleyes:

your claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Umm MimiJane I do hope your right!

I am trying to prepare my court bundle and it just doesnt make sense to me??? I didnt do well at school and I am finding this all a bit daunting. A&L sent me a copy of their defence and to be honest I wish I'd just accepted their offer of £458! (but then I would so like to get all my money back) I just hope the judge is a kind person!:(

Sorry guys been offline for a couple of days, the guy i need to speak to at the court isn't available til tues (prolly took a long weekend with the bank hol) so will ring again then.

Feels like a lost little girl x

Umm MimiJane I do hope your right!

I am trying to prepare my court bundle and it just doesnt make sense to me??? I didnt do well at school and I am finding this all a bit daunting. A&L sent me a copy of their defence and to be honest I wish I'd just accepted their offer of £458! (but then I would so like to get all my money back) I just hope the judge is a kind person!:(

I know what you mean, but no one expects us to be legal experts, so try not to worry too much and just try and include as many of the reports as you can. I've had trouble printing off some of the very long ones, so can't submit everything I'd like to but, if we did print off everything, we'd probably have about 400 pages in total:rolleyes:

Just keep reminding yourself that it's unlikely you'll end up in court and the worst that can happen is that we'll lose ... it's the bank who are on trial here and no one's going to prison!

Best of luck and let's all keep supporting each other.icon7.gif

your claim

Some internet providers cant open them, mine wont.

Do you have internet explorer. This opens them with no problems.

Its worth a try.

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

hi just tried internet explorer still can't open court bundle. will wait till tomorrow when my daughter comes home she's more computer literate. thanks for the help i'm sure it's just me.

Hi

I have it saved, if you email me your email address I can send it for you.

Hopefully it will open

Claire

• Haha 1

Hi, my claim seems to have gone through a lot quicker than a lot of yours for some reason and its made me nervous!:(

I started my clain for £1710(inc interest up to april) in april and I already have my court date. Its 28 th june and its 14 days after me c-section!!! I wonder why mine has gone through already??? I hope they dont want to make an example of me???:???:

Hi everyone. First post here. I have my court date set for 22nd July. I am claiming £1883 in charges and started the claim in April. The AQ was dispensed for in this case and I have to submit all my documents at least 28 days before the hearing date. I have downloaded the Basic Court Bundle and will get my docs off to all parties by the weekend.

Good luck everyone.

hallo i'm new to this but have had a letter today from the solictors w-ragg with the intention to defend.(A&L business account)

I surpose i have to now wait for the court to contact me? The letter does not ask for anything, looking at all the posts on this site seems he'll be a very busy office soon.

would like any help with the court thing...thank you