Advice need please Natwest & Intrum Justita!

sjwood
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am new to this forum, have been browsing for months and months and using all your excellent advice on here from afar but am now in need of some help that I cannot see the answer to anywhere!

Sorry if this is a bit long and complicated!

Back in 2000 I was a young and silly 18 year old and got myself into some debt with Natwest bank which was partly my fault but also the fault of Natwest as they failed to tell me I was over drawn over the Christmas period and by the time everything got back to normal in the new year I was around £1000 overdrawn on an overdraft I did not have so as you can imagine they bungged on every charge known to man and it keep increasing and increasing and I was unable to pay it back. They tried to help by putting it into a loan for me to repay but the charges continued in my bank account even after that and made it impossible for me to make the required payments each month.

To cut a long story short without warning they transfered my debt to the evil people at Intrum Justitia which made the problem even wrose as they put on charges and in the three years it took me to pay off I had endless problems with both Natwest and Intrum for example at one point Natwest were paying £5 a month into the debt with Intrum and Intrum were writing to me telling me to stop paying Natwest back £5 each month, however by this point I did not even have a bank account with Natwest and had no way of paying them so it was all a mess up between the two of them that was effecting my credit even further as the months passed despite me trying to pay it off.

All the trouble continued until the start of 2006 when I finally battled my way through all the troubles and traumas of paying them and settled the payment. This was a massive relief and the I thought at least it would now be settled on my credit rating and I could add a note. However this was not simple either as Natwest claimed I had made a settlement with Intrum and not paid the full amount, it turned out however I had over paid Intrum and got this money back from them but Natwest were still claiming that they had not been paid in full so another battle commenced with them to get the account to say settled. I have now finally logged onto my credit rating today and seen they have settled the account so am very pleased about that but it is over a year later then when it was settled which means I have lost a year of it coming off sooner!

I am going to add a note to my account with full details but my question for you guys is do I have any chance of claiming back charges and challenging any of this with Natwest or Intrum Justita now it is sorted as it all started in 2000 so quite a while back and I am no longer a bank holder with them. I am quite relectant to leave this as I feel I have been through quite a lot over the years in money, stress, my credit being damaged (Everything else on my credit is perfect!) to just leave it!

Advice please!

Hope that has all made some sense! Thanks

Hi sj, welcome on board the nat west forum!!

Phew.......... I'm a bit breathless after reading your thread, you've certainly been through the ringer with them haven't you? Well done for managing to get this sorted with them as well - it's not easy dealing with the folks that you've been dealing with - so you've done really well.

I'm not sure how to reply to your queries as I'm not too well up on the whole debt issue, but I think I'd be inclined to say that yes - you can reclaim your charges even going back to 2000 (somebody will correct me if I'm wrong on this though!) The advice now seems to say to go back as far as you can - so I'd suggest go for it. Hope this is helpful, but let us know if you need any more info.

Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks that was what I was thinking just go for it, it is going to be stressful and a battle but might as well try if there is a chance in winning! I would really like to make a formal complaint of some sort about Intrum as well but not sure how to go about that as the above isn't in scratching the surface of the problems I had with them and Natwest! :mad:

Thanks for your thoughts! :)

Go for it sj............ nothing ventured nothing gained!!! Have a look through here http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....tructions.html just to familiarise yourself with the reclaiming process. Any queries - just post back on this thread and somebody will help you out.

With regards to intrum problem, it may be worth starting a thread in the forum Debt Collection forum http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/ as you'll get some excellent advice here.

Good luck, hedgey xxxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.