Advice on Partial CCJ on Egg debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Try to get the CCJ set aside first - there are various reasons this can be allowed - Google around and find the one most applicable to you;). You should definitely CCA and SAR because smEgg probably won't have an enforceable agreement and will have applied unlawful charges to your account. Also I believe even if they have a CCJ but can't produce a copy of the agreement you can sue them for what you have already paid. PM Laiste she is the expert on this sort of thing.

• Haha 1

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Thankyou to Rory32 and payingonlyencourages them.

My understanding is that if they try and take me to court again the fact that they would be doing this for a second time on the same debt means I could get the judge to throw the claim out. Is that correct?

However if I take this stance they are still going to process credit information about me and chase me for the money.

Should I still be offering a monthly repayment to try and ultimately get rid of the debt and clean up my credit record?

Thanks again for you knowledge and help.

Wouldn't bother with payments - it didn't help last time.Just wait and see if they try to take you to court again - when it gets thrown out it will come off your credit report.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

s35 of the County Courts Act 1984 states

It shall not be lawful for any plaintiff to divide any cause of action for the purpose of bringing two or more actions in one or more of the county courts.”

Quote this piece of law to them and tell them to bog off. Don't give them any more money.

Great,

Ok I will send them a letter quoting that piece of law.

Dears Sir / Madam,

acc ----------

I write in response to you letter dated -----

You have already taken me to court for this debt and you have written to me to acknowledge that I have satisfied this through the court.

I draw your attention to the s35 of the county courts act - 1984

It shall not be lawful for any plaintiff to divide any cause of action for the purpose of bringing two or more actions in one or more of the county courts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now a question for you -

Any ideas how I should word the end of the letter? I would like to know what their future plans are now? And what will happen to these entries on my credit file?

Thanks POET

Regards

Moebius

"This being the case I regard the matter as closed. Please confirm that you have reset the balance on this account to zero and marked any entries on my credit file as satisfied."

I doubt you will have much luck getting the credit file amended but this should get the message through.