Help with an old debtor- CCJ looming!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would take the letter to the court in person, if it local (it should be, by now). Otherwise, send it by special delivery. You should send a copy to the contact address on the claim form, too.

Obviously, change the relevant dates & header

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! tomterm8

What a brilliant defence! it is so kind of you to help rich....

minky xxx

it's not technically a defence, just a response to their application for summary judgement.

Laiste should be able to help Rich when her $$£$$£ computer is finally fixed, but we don't want summary judgement entered before then:)

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

Thanks Tomterm for your support!! A super write up;)

I`ll check over it with Laiste and do whatever she says:D

Any feeling that I`ve helped you today- then add to my reputation and click those scales!

Might be worth PMing Laiste with your telephone number... so if these computing problems keep on cropping up, she can phone you direct.

The ` Notice of Hearing of Application`(N244A) has been received by me today from the court.

It states that the claimant`s application for Summary Judgment will take place--- in October!!

Obviously this gives me (and Laiste) valuable time in preparing what I will need to get this possible C.C.J. buried underground!!

All wish me luck-- the fight has just begun:)

Thanks again Tomterm for your valuable input;)

Any feeling that I`ve helped you today- then add to my reputation and click those scales!

The ` Notice of Hearing of Application`(N244A) has been received by me today from the court.

It states that the claimant`s application for Summary Judgment will take place--- in October!!

Obviously this gives me (and Laiste) valuable time in preparing what I will need to get this possible C.C.J. buried underground!!

Eh, don't you love English Justice... I kid you not, it's the only system in the world where it takes longer to hear an application for summary justice than it would if they just let you go to the b****dy trial.

Eh, don't you love English Justice... I kid you not, it's the only system in the world where it takes longer to hear an application for summary justice than it would if they just let you go to the b****dy trial.

Yes tomterm, you are right there!

For the record, what does essentially the following mean:-

Attention is drawn to Rule 24.5(1) which provides that if a respondent to an application to Summary Judgment wishes to rely upon written evidence at the Hearing, he must, at least 7 days before the Hearing (A) file written evidence (B) serve copies on every other party to the application

Thanks again Tomterm- clicked your scales by the way;)

It's part of the CPR. Rule 24.5(1) is to do with evidence for the purposes of a summary judgement hearing. Details of Rule 24.5(1) are here Civil Procedure Rules

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi rich,

October eh?

Oh well, good luck in advance!

Jeff.

• 1 month later...

Still waiting for the S.A.R..

Will be writing to them tomorrow!!

With reference to the `enclosed Egg Card Agreement Conditions`- that should have come with the CCA request, I will also write to them stating the following:-

(1) The creditor under a regulated agreement for fixed-sum credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of [£1], shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,—

Also draw their attention to the to section3 (2) of the copies of documents regulations 1983/1557 of documents

General requirements as to form and content of copy documents

3.-(1) Subject to the following provisions of these Regulations, every copy of an executed agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act shall be a true copy thereof.

(2) There may be omitted from any such copy-

(a) any information included in an executed agreement, security instru­ment or other document relating to the debtor, hirer or surety or included for the use of the creditor or owner only which is not required to be included therein by the Act or any Regulations thereunder as to the form and content of the document of which it is a copy;

Since the Bulk of the contents of the T and C’s will contain the information prescribed in schedule 1 of the regulations and are required to be included within the Act these are a central part of the request.

I do not see how they can say that they have complied without giving these.

Any comments?

• 1 month later...

Hi All

My case is looming tomorrow. Is there anyone out there who wishes to compose an amended defence for my use?

It appears that Laiste has emigrated???????:|

Hi, I'm writting a skeleton argument at the moment.

THANKS TOMTERM!!!!

You are a STAR ******

don't forget to take three copies to the hearing... good luck:)

• 3 weeks later...

BAD BAD NEWS!!!

Here is the order:-

1) Permission to file an amended defence and counterclaim is refused.

2) The defendants defence is struck out.

3) There will be judgment for the claimant plus costs & fees on issue along with the Allocation fee, together with fixed costs on Summary Judgment.

Well how about that for a fair trial!!

There is no such thing as one- sided justice eh??

Well, the fight still hasn`t ended- they just infuriate you don`t they??:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hi Rich

been following your case . If ever you needed Laiste it is now unfortunate you cant request her assistance now.You where robbed of her knowlege at your thirteenth hour lets hope she can re emerge somehow

Keep going you might not get Eggs Judicial Friends on your appeal/

Regards;)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

Thanks for your post.

Keep going you might not get Eggs Judicial Friends on your appeal/

What are you saying?

you did everything Laiste advised by the book any DJ looking at the Argumenty you presented could not poss file the judgement you recieved,why? where did you go wrong ? why would you not have probabale chance to defend the claim? seems strange he/she would find in Eggs favour? You might get a more sympathetic DJ on your appeal.

Regards;)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread