debt advise please....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, I was wondering....a few yrs ago i had ccjs and defaults left right and centre, but now we have paid off our debts and are just about ok.

The question is...how long do these stay "on record"? And how do we get rid of these, if we can at all???

Thanks

Jenny

CCJ's stay file for 6 years after judgement. If you have paid them all off you can apply to the court for a Certificate of Satisfaction. It is very difficult to get them removed unless you paid them off within 1 month of the judgement then they would have automatically been removed from your file.

Get a copy of your credit files, they cost £2 each and see if they are still on and whether they are marked as satisfied.

Lan

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent :)

Hi Thanks for the quick reply, Could i apply to any court now or would i have to wait 6yrs?

Jen

No you need to apply to the court where the judgement took place. But if you get copies of your credit files you will be able to see what is on them and whether or not you need to get the cert of satisfaction (these will cost you £15 each) so if they are already marked as satisfied I wouldn't bother. If you really want them removed you could write to the creditors who took you court and ask if they will remove them for you now that they are paid, some might do this others won't but it's worth a try.

My advice would be get copies of your credit files first and take it from there. At least then you will know what is on your file and you can then decide how best to go about it.

That's what I did, I had a CCJ 2 years ago and paid it off in full last year but it was still marked as unsatisfied this year, so I got the cert of satisfaction and sent copies to the credit reference agencies to have the files updated. I may write to the creditor to see if I can get it removed at a later date, but I am concentrating on some defaults that are there first.

Lan

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent :)

In retrospect tho, you can under the data protection act have all information about you on file, this means that it will all be removed. The slight downside is that you then have no credit rating and need to start from scratch. Depends how bad it was/is. Not sure the wheres and hows but i know it can be done.

Feels like a lost little girl x

Thanks all for the replies, would it be best to get an experian credit report? then go from there.