no response after 8 weeks, what now?

chillipepper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted my request for refund of bank charges on 04/06/07. Received an acknowledgement letter dated 16/03/07 stating my claim would be looked into but am still waiting! I have phoned HSBC on a few occasions who inform me there is a back log of claims but are unable to tell me if my claim has been looked at yet or how long still I might expect to receive a response. Please advise me what I should do now

An unhappy chillipepper :(

chillipepper - I take it you mean March??

send the LBA!!

they've had their 14 days - its your claim & your time scale

you are unlikely to get a satisfactory response from hsbc within this time frame.

14 days after that file your claim - adding on the extra 8% interest

your claim will then be dealt with by DG (hsbc's solicitors)

it all sounds a bit daunting but take one step at a time. unsure about anything - just ask

take a look at as many threads on here as possible and read the faqs and newcomers guide so you are familiar with whats coming next.

have you got all your charges onto a spreadsheet?

good luck :)

Thankyou for your response. Yes, I have all my charges on a spreadsheet and sent this to HSBC on 4th March still have a copy but should i now be adding more interest?. Didn't realise they had to issue a response within 14 days. Have had an acknowlegement letter does this not count? sorry for my ignorance. Just getting really confused with all this.

Chillipepper

Ignore the letter that they have sent to you-it is just one in an ongoing series of fob off letters that the banks are mow using.

Do as Pink and Freaky have suggested-stick to your timetable and read up on what to do next.

Good luck

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

chilli

you really need to read the link freakys provided above so you know what comes next

the advice on here is

prelim letter

14 days later send LBA (Letter Before Action)

14 days later file your claim

you have had the standard 'we are looking into it' letter so in your LBA you need to change the wording from the template on this site to read 'as I have not had a satisfactory response'.

you can add on 8% when you file your claim.

dont worry about asking questions - we are all here to help each other

just take one step at a time - go and take a look at the LBA template and get it ready to send off. I would send this to the address you received your reply from - presumable Colin at Leeds?

send all letters recorded & keep a copy for yourself

I would do another schedule of charges leaving off the 8% - send this with the LBA calling it your Revised Schedule of charges.

this is fine because you can amend or add on new charges to your SOC right up until you file your claim.

then when you come to file your claim you add on the 8%

chillipepper - the 8% statutory interest is the figure that the court MAY award you, if you have not claimed any interest, or had claimed the contractual (i.e. what the bank charge you)interest in your original claim and this was turned down. That is why the 8% is not added until the court stage, as it is a decision for the judge.Yes, do a revised schedule.

And I would also recommend you read the link to the new user's guide as it seems you are not sure about much of the process.

Good luck