GLAD vs HALIFAX ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just thought I'd put my story to date with the Halifax on here.

Claiming for £3000. Have had no relevant replies to any of my letters.My LBA was sent and just getting my court papers ready to hand in on 15th May.

I had a reply this morning that basically said "sorry for the delay in investigating your complaint and we aim to have looked into it and replied to you by 11/6/07" this is really helpful because by then my court claim will be in !!!!

Wish me luck.

Glad

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi glad, i had the same letters. i pressed on and started court action on the 24th april. yesterday i got a letter saying they have investigated and they feel the charges are correct. well bullocks to them i'm going all the way! good luck with your claim

no offer just a usual letter stating i agreed to the charges when i opened my account. my claim is for 4400 and i would only accept that figure. theyhave until the 30/05/07 to enter a defence to my claim. the clock is ticking.....

• 2 weeks later...

WELL!!!!

Court papers taken to court on 15th May and I still hadn't had anything back so called court this morning to be told that they have such a backlog of cases that they haven't even sent the paperwork to the Halifax yet!!!!!

They may not even by done by next week- wish I filed online now.

Glad:evil:

This happened with one of my claims. It is a pain, but the daily interest will be building for you. ;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi

thanks for your reply-I was just hoping that it was further down the line and was a bit disappointed that it hasn't even been sent yet.

Received a lovely!! letter from Robert Lengu- Customer Relations manager to say that "I am sorry to advise you I am declining your complaint" along with a leaflet "helping you understand bank charges".Usual stuff of if I don't hear from you within 8 weeks I will presume that the matter is resolved.

Thought I would politely reply and say that my claim is already with the court-taken and paid for on 15th May.They only haven't had it yet due to a backlog of claims being processed..

Glad

Hi Glad,

I am in a similar positoin, appart from my claim is only £700. But its still alot of money! I have just recieved that same letter from Customer Relations Manager. Enclosed leflet with summary of bank charges and delined my complaint.

Not sure what to do know, was going to send all correspondance to Finacial Ombudsman to see what case I have.

Good luck with your case. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Don't know if this will help anybody but I submitted my claim on line on Wednesday this week - when I checked Thursday they had acknowledged receipt and a letter was sent to the bank on Friday, I also received a letter stating they had until the 19th to respond. it sounds as if this is a lot quicker than going into the courts and processing it manually. The link is https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

This court is getting known for its back logs. ;)

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

If you dont hear anything tomorrow, then you can send the letter in this link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=13)

It gives them 7 days to pay up!

F&Q's... Read here