Bryan Carter- Ceased as a Company???!!! *Took a while but WON in the end

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps all the Carter fans should get together outside Crellins office with a bit of publicity,and ask them why they never respond to offer of payments,or supply CCA's or why they never answer questions about Bryan when they are asked by email.:D

I thought the harpies in the background were the Carterettes, or even if one might be the Wife of Bryan

"He's not the Messiah - he's a very naughty boy....." :D

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

this email was sent to Crellins on the 12th jan,no reply resent yesterday still waiting ????

Hi

On your site it says that CrellinsCarter operates from one building,yet every time Mr carter sends out letters asking for money it is a completely different address to yours and also a different address for payments to be sent to..

Also could you confirm that CrellinsCarter is using Fredrickson international for the use of it's direct debits.

Which address would you recommend

Is it

Springfield House

56 Baker Street

Weybridge

Surrey

KT13 8AL

or

De Havilland Drive

Weybridge

Surrey

KT13 ONT

or

Crellins Carter Solicitors 111 Queens Road, Weybridge, KT13 9 UW

Please advise

Payment details..

Please pay Bryan Carter & Co Solicitors Direct Debits from the account detailed in this instruction subject to the safeguards assured by the Direct Debit Guarantee. l understand that this instruction may remain with Fredrickson International Ltd and if so, details will be passed electronically to my Bank/ Building Society..

So i get taken to court by Bryan Carter & Co,which is the trading name of Crellins/Carter..I then get asked to make my payments to Bryan Carter & Co Solicitors,which is a different name to Bryan Carter & Co.and to add the cherry to the cake all my Direct Debit details will be handled by Fredrickson International Ltd who are a leading Debt Recovery Company..strange that???

Time to ask the Law Society if Bryan Carter & Co Solicitors and not just Bryan Carter & Co are part of Crellins/Carter

Crellins Carter operate from the Queens Road, Weybridge address but their entry on the Law Society shows they have a "branch" at De Havilland Drive

Weybridge - which just happens to be the registered office of Frederickson. No solicitors are shown at the branch either.

I would not authorise a direct debit in favour of any debt collector or solicitor connected to a debt collector even with the so-called direct debit guarantee. There is no way to stop them just helpingthemselves to the cash in your bank account. As far as I'm concerned paying debts through bullying and harrassing methods of debt collectors is way, way down my list of priorities. If you must pay them ask for a paying in book or make a standing order.

In any event you shouldn't pay them unless they have proven the debt and you accept they are right and you owe the money

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm delighted to say on 18 January succeeded in having Mr Carter's CCJ set aside!

Haven't received any paperwork yet, but have been told by the court (application was heard in my absence due to illness) that the claim will be reissued, the reason being to this time allow me to enter a defence!

I requested my CCA on 28 November by recorded delivery - signed for by D Carter on 29 November - and have not heard a peep since.

Would be grateful if any of you more knowledgeable folks could enlighten me as to next course of action!!

Many thanks

Wyb

Right people I have been reading this forum for the last hour and I am getting more and more confused please can some explain what’s happening?

Brian carter took me to court in 2004 to get a ccj for alliance and Leicester it was agreed for me to pay £30 per month, which I haven’t really kept to. Every so often they will apply to court for a warrant of execution I then make one payment plus the court fee and nothing is mentioned again for ages. The last time was in Nov 07. Everything including the court papers says Brian Carter & Co Solicitors. Where do I stand with this?

The funny thing about all this is the amount was because of bank charges, which I am in the middle of claiming back, they want just over £300 and I want £3500.

Thanks in advance

Well I'm delighted to say on 18 January succeeded in having Mr Carter's CCJ set aside!

Haven't received any paperwork yet, but have been told by the court (application was heard in my absence due to illness) that the claim will be reissued, the reason being to this time allow me to enter a defence!

I requested my CCA on 28 November by recorded delivery - signed for by D Carter on 29 November - and have not heard a peep since.

Would be grateful if any of you more knowledgeable folks could enlighten me as to next course of action!!

Many thanks

Wyb

Suggest you make a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) as follows I have highlighted in red that which applies to solicitors should they claim legal privilege - also don't forget to send £10 - it should help put the cat amongst the pigeons

Date:

YOUR REF:

OUR REF: Special Delivery

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) (Subject Access Request) Data Protection Act (Data Protection Act) 1998

Their Name & Address

Your Name & Address

Dear Madam or Sir:

RE: YOUR CLIENT

As per the Data Protection Act 1998 (Date Protection Act) I require that you supply me with any and all data in your possession which, in anyway appertains to myself including true copies of any properly executed agreements, statements of account, default notices, all internal and external correspondence, memo’s, telephone attendance notes, internal and external emails

If your client is not the original creditor please also supply a true copy of their letter of assignment or if acting on behalf of another a true copy of their predated authority to bring this action.

I enclose the statutory fee of £10 by way of a postal order and remind you that you have 40 days in which to comply

Also please note that for the avoidance of doubt and to expedite matters if you claim exemptions from the Data Protection Act under part IV section 35 I would respectfully remind you of the following:

Data Protection Act part IV section 35 (2) states "personal data is exempt from the non-disclosure provisions" In addition Part II section 7 (legal guidance notes) "There are no exemptions from the right of access where civil legal proceedings are contemplated or ongoing"

If you should attempt to bring an action before compliance I will, after notifying the court of my Subject Access and CCA requests, ask the court for a continuance to allow time for both yours and your clients compliance

I await your responses

Yours faithfully

Thank you for your help JonCris and ODC.

Which would be right course of action though? I have been informed by the court they have set aside because I did not have opportunity to file defence, but apparently claim is being automatically reissued (though I haven't received it yet), and defence is required by 12 February.

Any help gratefully received!!

The judgment was issued in Nov 2007. In my application for setting aside, I explained not only had I originally not received claim, but didn't know what it was for (in fact I still don't!).

I wasn't able to attend the hearing due to poor health, but faxed in proof of delivery of CCA request and informed them it hadn't been complied with.

When I spoke to the court to find out the outcome of the hearing, they explained it had been set aside, but the judge ordered the claim to be reissued immediately. Allowed set aside only because I didn't have opportunity to enter a defence, now need to enter said defence before 12 Feb.

Hope that's made it clearer, but anything else please ask, probably missed something as usual!

Just a quickie

Have recieved a letter from "BRYAN CARTER * SOLICITORS" using the BC solicitors headed paper with the de havilland drive address

is this legal for them or not...

am about to issue a CCA but should i ignore it and file a complaint??

Cheers!

edit:

the debt was with Littlewoods and have recieved no notification of them passing the debt over to BC.

Halifax Bank - Owed £1599

23/3 - Data Protection Act sent

24/5 - Data Protection Act finally arrived

25/5 - Demand for repayment sent

04/10 Court bundle filed with court and Halifax

29/10 STAY ISSUED

JAN 08 - Currently being harrased by debt collectors!

Mar 08 - New DCA - Stopped in there tracks

Jun 08 - And another

Jul 08 - Complaint made to HBOS

Nov 08 - My accounts been sold to a DCA

Jan 09 - New complaint issued against HBOS

Mar 09 - Halifax re-aquired the debt

Apr 09 - Applying for Hardship.

at least they removed 2 defaults in selling accounts! :D

I dont not claim to know everything and any advice i give should be treated as MY opinion.

If ive been helpful tip the scales!

or better still

DONATE TO CAG - every tenner helps!

Can anyone help please?

I've had a call from a very irate ex landlord. He has had bailifs turn up at his house looking for me. I moved out of the address over a year ago. They are apparently working for bryan carter. Whose client is phoenix recoveries. No mention who the original debt is with. I haven't seen paperwork. But from the amount owed i believe it is my old tsb bank account. This is made up of unlawful charges which i have brought court action against and is currently stayed. All correspondence for claiming back charges has been at my new address, and the last dca to contact me was at my new address. I had told last dca that account was in dispute.

As bailifs have been round is sounds like they have got a ccj against me without knowing. I have checked my credit status on experian and there is no mention of ccj. Whats my next move? I will need to set ccj aside if there is one. But if i contact bryan carter i'm worried they will send bailifs to my address before i can set ccj aside!

Prepare your defence.

Explain your circumstances & why they are claiming against you & the members here will help your prepare a defence or possible counter claim

Thanks JonCris.

I suspect my soon-to-be ex-husband has run up a number of debts in my maiden name, as there have been a couple of other suspicious items appear on my credit report.

I have no idea what this debt is for, and received no paperwork or demand letters prior to receiving the judgment by default. As stated before, I didn't even receive the original claim. I spoke to National Debtline when I received the judgment, and their advice was to CCA them and apply for set aside, which I duly did. They also explained this was probably a catalogue type debt or similar. I KNOW there is no credit agreement, because I only have those for my mobile phone and credit card.

I explained to the court when I applied for the set aside about Carter not only claiming a partial amount (and seemingly reserving the right to come back for the rest when they saw fit!), but also the company ceased trading in Feb 2007. Also told them I'd applied for CCA and enclosed copy of letter, and copy of letter received post-judgment saying I owed over £600 instead of the £181 + costs they'd claimed.

Any help gratefully received