Log Book Loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do you have a copy of the bill of sale & the credit agreement you can scan in?

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Was the bill of sale registered? Ask to see the court seal showing registration

How do I check this my self? I've been told it probably isn't.

• Has a default notice been served and if so, has the period expired?

Nope didn't receive one.

these are the important two for the time being.

You need to write to the Royal Courts of Justice in London and ask if the BOS was registered with them and when it was. Most of these simply do not get registered which makes the Bill totally void and therefore the money owing wouldn't be secured on the vehicle. If this is the case then you would be perfectly able to sue them for the vehicle + damages etc.

The car shouldn't have been reposessed unless there was a breach of default. This is a serious breach of practice and warrants a complaint to both the OFT and The FOS as well as Trading Standards.

once we have ascertained the BOS is void we can then look at the credit agreement and pull that a part, you may well have an unenforceability argument as usually these agreements are very badly drawn up.

i should hope so too! i deal with these in the old day job hehe :)

Hm.... Nationaldebtline I presume?

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Log Book Loans and their associated repo companies/thieves are all criminals and this is why most of the discussions should be away from a public forum that is known to be monitored by LBL. They do not act within the law or stick to any legal agreements they are simply there to rob the poor who cannot afford legal representation and for whom any involvement with the police is muddied by the criminal/civil blur.

Be warned cos these people are utter ****s, keep the details of your case for pm's, Trading Standards, OFT etc.

Best advice I can give is any approach made to you by LBL or their associates contact CAB, OFT, police & solicitors immediately!

Log Book Loans and their associated repo companies/thieves are all criminals and this is why most of the discussions should be away from a public forum that is known to be monitored by LBL. They do not act within the law or stick to any legal agreements they are simply there to rob the poor who cannot afford legal representation and for whom any involvement with the police is muddied by the criminal/civil blur.

Be warned cos these people are utter ****s, keep the details of your case for pm's, Trading Standards, OFT etc.

Best advice I can give is any approach made to you by LBL or their associates contact CAB, OFT, police & solicitors immediately!

Well for those saddos from LBL who trawl through this forum here is a tip.

WE KNOW YOUR LITTLE GAMES - WE KNOW THE LAW - WE ARE NOT AFRAID TO USE BOTH CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW TO DEFEAT YOU.

Obtaining property by deception is a criminal offence which carries with it a prison sentence. Make sure anything you say when talking to your victims is within the law because it may not sound so good when the tape is played back:p

Well for those saddos from LBL who trawl through this forum here is a tip.

WE KNOW YOUR LITTLE GAMES - WE KNOW THE LAW - WE ARE NOT AFRAID TO USE BOTH CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW TO DEFEAT YOU.

Obtaining property by deception is a criminal offence which carries with it a prison sentence. Make sure anything you say when talking to your victims is within the law because it may not sound so good when the tape is played back:p

It Is a Criminal offence to steal a car from someone but lbl seem to get away with doing it again and again I can't for the life of me understand how they are getting away with it . I am starting to think that the OFT and the traiding standards have given up because they must have had lots of complaints about LBL by now and still nothing gets done . I am fed up of coming on this site and reading about another poor person getting there car stolen and finding out there is nothing they can do !! I feel so sorry for all those people I have been there and I know how they feel .

I was advised to go for a "team court action" I am starting to think we should all get together and do something about this mob to put a stop to all the pain and stress they are causing to there costomers . Alex

I agree Alex, the officials I was speaking to today are as convinced as we are that this is just one huge [problem], but proving it is the problem.

If it wasn't for this big blur between criminal and civil we'd be laughing all the way!

Will nail my colours to the wall tho, I'm in this for the long haul, no matter what. :cool:

Log Book Loans, if you are listening? You picked the wrong person this time, I'm coming to get you!!!!

LBL have been reported to the police on numerious occasions throught the country without anything happening & this is despite the police being advised by lawyers that thefts have taken place. They do nothing so the next time they tell you they have to investigate ALL criminal allegations such as kids fighting in the playground or golly's being sold by a toy shop tell them rubbish they don't

Its easy for them to dismiss it as civil as soon as you mention any kind of finance..

Mine are awaiting instructions from TS, so at least they are listening some what.

Not enough, but its a start.

I did wonder what would happen if I found out where my car was being held and went and took it back...

"well officer, you told me it was a civil matter....."

My car, I've still got the keys, replacement V5 easy to get. What could they do about it?

My problem is knowing where they took my car!

(not saying I'm going to, I'm being hypothetical!) ;)

Well report it as a theft. If the police say its a civil matter say no it isnt I have V% and I did not give permission for vehicle to be taken. If they fail to act a complaint should be made directly to the chief constable via your solicitor

I did wonder what would happen if I found out where my car was being held and went and took it back...

My car, I've still got the keys, replacement V5 easy to get. What could they do about it?

I found out where my car was and I had time to go and get it because I knew it was in a place that I could just go and drive it away from , it was out in the open (not in a secure compound) like Gemini said it was .

I was charged £15.00 a day for storage because Gemini said it was in a safe place where no one can get access to it but I have photos to prove that was not the case . I never went to get my car because I never thought Gemini would sell it I thought I would have time to sort the problem out and have my car returned but I was wrong they sold my car first chance they got as I was not willing to pay them the £750 they wanted to haave my car brought back to me .

I wish I had went down and brought my car back home I am regreting not going down for it when I had the chance . If it had been Gemini that took your car (madriggie) I could have been a help to you but as it was not them that took your car I dont have a clue where it might be but one think is for sure I would go and get your car back if you get the chance as they stole it from you in the first place .

Alex

Alex thats such a shame, I wish it had been Gemini now because it would probably have been the same case for us, and we would have gone and got it and stashed it some where until this was over.

Anglia who took our car said it was going to be at some where called dva in Manchester? That ring any bells with any one? Could have been a bluff...

• 3 months later...

Can you PM me & tell me in which county you live

God I am so glad we have managed to scrape together enough to pay off our loan with these people. We have had a letter from them confirming the account is paid in full and return of the original v5 docs, just wondering if it is worth checking no entries on the HPI register. Not sure how to do this either.

Good luck to all of you dealing with these "robbers". Is it worth someone coordinating a mass complaint about LBL to the OFT and or the FOS, notice a couple of other threads where people are trying to get together mass complaints about DCA's etc.

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment