Need A Confidence Booster

Makalu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks. We are at the Court stage with HSBC and just need a confidence booster as they have managed to drag this out incredibly well. We have today received a letter from the court stating that the case has been allocated to the small claims track (about £2700) and will be heard 10 Jul (why so flaming far away!!??) Each party needs to deliver documentation 14 days before and we need to pay another £100 fee by the 14 May or the case will be struck out. So here are the questions? At what stage are HSBC likely to throw in the towel? Can we increase our claim to ensure these additional charges are covered? What are they likely to do if they are so set on not actually appearing in court if they offer less beforehand and we say "bugger off, you have deliberatley messed us about so see you there"? The last one is unlikely I admit; once you take the frustration out you have to be sensible in terms of accepting the offer and then use the new template for claiming charges back when the bank had no intention of defending. Sorry to rant; getting wound up by these and LloydsTSB who are handbagging for Britain at the moment!! Thanks Makalu :mad:

Hi Folks. We are at the Court stage with HSBC and just need a confidence booster as they have managed to drag this out incredibly well. We have today received a letter from the court stating that the case has been allocated to the small claims track (about £2700) and will be heard 10 Jul (why so flaming far away!!??) Each party needs to deliver documentation 14 days before and we need to pay another £100 fee by the 14 May or the case will be struck out. So here are the questions? At what stage are HSBC likely to throw in the towel? There is no precise time scale M.... but you can be sure that it will be shortly before the hearing based on current experienceCan we increase our claim to ensure these additional charges are covered? My personal opinion is yes, you do include additional court charges, and the increase in interest amount if you are claiming interest up to date of settlement or court hearing. Did your original Partics of Claim and Schedules not point this out? What are they likely to do if they are so set on not actually appearing in court if they offer less beforehand and we say "bugger off, you have deliberatley messed us about so see you there"? It's a game of "chicken" Have a look at Bong's thread to familiarize yourself with how they play it The last one is unlikely I admit; once you take the frustration out you have to be sensible in terms of accepting the offer and then use the new template for claiming charges back when the bank had no intention of defending. Sorry to rant; getting wound up by these and Lloyds TSB who are handbagging for Britain at the moment!! Thanks Makalu :mad:

They will almost certainally make an offer. But if it is close to your request IMHO you cannot refuse it just for the pleasure of seeing them in court. The court would not accept that. They want things sorted without going to court, and if you refuse an offer of very, very close to your claim, you would be well advised to consider it very carefully.Your aim is (?) to get your money back, not see the b****rs squirm in court (unfortunately ! ) Just hold on in there

I went to the bank yesterday and they showed me the full offer draft letter on the screen. I'm not sure if this is normal but....is it worth going to your branch, requesting a meeting with the manager or possibly some lower mortal, and asking them to check the details on your account and see if an offer letter has already been drafted?

Make them show you it on the screen.

If I hadn't been so shocked at this strange apparition of HSBC folding before a court date, I'd have taken a photo with my mobile! After all, it's my info about me - dunno what the data protection act says but hell!

There seem to be so many HSBC employees fed up with the company they work for, that at the very least you may be shown what it says in your folder about offers etc. Mine came up straight away in my account details at the bottom of the screen and the HSBC person was quite surprised that I had already started fighting back! Then I got to see all sorts on the system about my accounts - letters sent, phone calls etc etc. Fascinating!

Donation made 12/02/07 just cos being here is the best displacement activity I've had in years

The most useful post on the whole CAG site - find what you are looking for A-Z! http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html

strange isn't it skint... that they hold all this info on a screen about you, but when you ask for any statements beyond 6 years - they're struck dumb!!!!

thanks for the pm!! very interesting

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Thanks for your replies everyone. I'll stick with it and it may well be worth a branch visit next week. Best wishes to all. Makalu