Mercury Vs HSBC

Mercuryrises
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will admit, I actually started my claim process a few weeks ago (after months of putting it off)

I sent off for all my statements, which were sent in about 40 seperate envelopes, and even had my £10 DPA fee returned.

Having piled through my statements (which took several hours) armed with a highlighter, I worked out that I am owed £1360.00.

I sent off my Preliminary request on April 12th, giving 14 working days to respond (30/04/07) with my schedule of charges.

Today (May 2nd) I received a letter stating that HSBC are looking into my query. Too little, too late thinks I. So i have just finished writing my Letter Before Action, all ready to go in the post recorded delivery tomorrow.

I have the feeling this will go down the same route as many, ending with a court summons etc etc etc, but at the same time, I'm optimistic. I've already opened a Parachute account/savings account, just in case.

I'll keep everyone updated

Thanks for all the tips and help I've found on the site

hiya mercury

looks like you've done your homework - well done!... that's half the battle.

stat looking at the mcol site now (link below) and register. you can pop in and out anytime to amend/change your details. if you get stuck at any point with the particulars of claim, i can send you mine (by pm) or lattie will come along and pm you hers.

always try and be one step ahead (as you currently are) and you'll be fine

welcome aboard!! :)

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Hi Mercury,

Once you've given them the 14 days after the LBA then just go straight to MCOL. You've already demonstrated that you've attempted to sort is out reasonably so whatever happens next is on their own heads.

I would strongly recommend you read through this a couple of times it is step by step you will have all the information to hand this has to the easiest bit so far in the process just follow the instructions, then relish in the fact that you have rolled your sleeves up and about to get stuck in to them.

Money Claim On-Line (MCOL) Particulars of Claim

In the meantime see here to prepare filing a claim:

Getting MCOL Right

Oyster

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

MCOL Filed 26th Feb 07

:-)

Defended 26th March 07:rolleyes:

PRT @ Cambridge 13th July 07:wink:

1st May Full Offer:grin:

Cheque arrived 16th May8)

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I've finally recieved some reply from HSBC. They state that they're not willing to refund all £1360 of my claim.

However they are willing to send me £1220 in full and final settlement, Which I have decided to accept, as it's only a difference of £140.

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who's provided me with advice, and the the guys who wrote the step by step guide as well as the example letters.

Many many thanks

Mercury

Well done and huuuuge congratulations on your win.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D