sj vs halifax **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm new to all this but will be glad of some support!

I hand delivered my letter to Halifax (based in NI) on 25th April claiming £4231.00 charges + £706.64 interest. I don't think this is the complete picture of my charges as I had lost a few statements but I thought it was a big enough sum! I received the standard 4 week letter from them yesterday. I will be sending the next letter on 10th May. Talk about take a deep breath and jump in!!

wish me luck!

sj

sj

:p

HI sj

Welcome aboard, it's exciting and scary all at the same time. My LBA goes off on 8th May, how did you work out your interest. I've calculated 8% but this is at MCOL stage (which is 22 May for me! gulp!).

Suze

Hi Suze

Exciting and Scary is right! I worked out the interest using the calculator on moneysavingexpert.com and printed it off to send to bank! Keep me up to date as to how you get on.

With ref to Josamolly - thanks for the support - it's food to have a bit of "virtual" hand holding!

sj

sj

please help again!

i need advice and hand holding! i will have to go for a civil bill cos the cut off for small claims in ni is £2000.00. I don't have a clue how to go about this - can anyone help me?

sj

sj

Morning sj

Thanks for your message of support, I too had been on Martin Lewis' site first. I will see if I can find anything out for you using this fab site of course. I'm sure there'll be someone along soon who can definately put you in the right direct. Suze;)

Hey sj

From what I can make out from other threads I've been looking at, the Halifax don't seem to have a method to their madness, so let's hope they come to their senses and pay us up in full before court action becomes necessary. They will pay us of that I am sure. Suze ;)

Morning Suze

I know what you mean - I'm glad you are optimistic - reading through the other threads kinda gives you hope! I dreamt last night that we all got our money back and then the bank found a loop hole and we all had to repay it!!

sj

sj

Hey sj

That dream is surely called a NITEMARE! I am now helping friends start the ball rolling with the NatWest, have sent off an SAR on their behalf today and know that my case against the Halifax will be a damn site easier than theirs. Stay optimistic sj, chin up Suze ;)

Morning everyone

Am currently claiming £4231.00 + int from Halifax. This is the last 6 years charges but I have my bank statements going back to 1998 - should I add those charges on or make a seperate claim - after i've sorted this one or forget about anything over 6 years old?

Any guidance would be really appreciated

sj

sj

• 2 weeks later...

Please help!

I have heard that banks in NI are putting all claims on hold until at least mid june. i'm with halifax - does anyone have any details or info to back this up and should i delay court action?

any advice appreciated

sj

sj

Hi Tilly49

go to penaltychargesforum.co.uk then to the ni section, mainland banks and read the post that starts ni bank claims - what do you make of it?

sj

sj

Could you put a link to where you got the information please.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Tilly

this seems to only apply to banks in northern ireland - according to penaltychargesforum. it seems that judges have decided to postpone until a test case in england is heard - a couple of people are saying they have had their hearings postponed.

sj

sj