My thread - total noob sorry

Adey_73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so if you sent your lba on 19th march, you should have filed your claim in court on 2nd april. hsbc don't always respond to your prelims or lba's and it's best to stick to your own timetable. it's your claim, not theirs!!

read through as many threads and faq's as you can before you file your claim so you get a good idea of what's likely/not likely to happen adey... that way, you'll not be in for any surprises along the way.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Yep, as ever netty is right. Stick to your timetable and get your MCOL in now. HSBC have had more than enough time to respond.

Good luck!

Donation made 12/02/07 just cos being here is the best displacement activity I've had in years

The most useful post on the whole CAG site - find what you are looking for A-Z! http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html

adey, before you start you must do your homework. you are going to take a bank to court for your money back, so if you don't understand what you are trying to do from the outset, you'll be ripped to shreads. read the following links i'm sending you and get a better knowledge before you file in court. get it right and you'll be fine. make mistakes now and they'll be harder to correct (and costly)!

FAQs :::::::::::::::::::::::::- PLEASE READ THESE FIRST!!!

6. Interest calculation spreadsheets

Charges description on statements - Please Read

start with these for now... come back if you need any help ok

Guest ChloeJane

Hello newbee!

We talked in chat and spoke about the next step!

Adey - spreadsheet! Don't be too keen to jump ahead or it can cost you your claim.

Read this on interest!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=4

Read the next one to get the spreadsheet. For now the simple version should be fine.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=5

THEN AND ONLY THEN - when you have worked out the fees....look at below..

P>S NO CHEATING!!!!!!! IT HAS TO BE RIGHT!!!

(comment made after speaking! - meant with a smile!)

The next step is the court process.

Options from here are!

You can apply for an exemption through the court when you file your claim so it is worth a read and if in hardship, worth applying.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/H...fl ets_id=172

While it appears a daunting process from here, its not really. Its a series of steps that get you closer to your claim. Use the chat room and your new post here, to gain the support you need.

The links below take you directly to templates and all you need to start the process.

Make sure you read it through to be informed of choices and if you are stuck for answers, post back on your thread and someone will direct you with a right reply.

So your options are -

Money claim online - No fee remission

5. Money Claim On-Line (MCOL) Particulars of Claim

Preferred personal recommendation! IS N1!

N1 at your local court. - Fee remission

4. Particulars of claim - N1 - hard copy version

When you click on this link at the top of the page is the form you will need and linked to a pdf document. The template and example there can be copied and pasted.

That should keep you reading and informed for the next step after the letter.

Good luck and if you need help look me up in the chat room!

well, after that chat i recalculated my charges and interest and completed my N1. Sent them off in the post yesterday. Just got back from work and have received an offer from HSBC.

The charges I calculated they owed me was £1180 charges and £292 interest on those charges. (Not overdraft interest but the 8% calc).

They have offered £1019....

What do you advise? Bear in mind if I act quickly I could stop the court action (£120).

They state that some of the charges are over 6 years old, thats only because its taken them so long to reply to my letter!

that would all depend on your circumstances and how fast you needed the money!! it's up to you.

whatever you do, good luck/happy spending and well done!

(that was quite painless!):)

called HSBC service centre today to discuss their offer, took over 25 minutes to get through to someone! sent of my rejection letter shortly after, hopefully they will send me an increased offer before the 2 week deadline I set out..otherwise I'll resend my N1 - last one was returned because I forgot to name the defendant, simply putting HSBC will not do!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I received an offer of my bank charges only, £1160, which i accepted. I was asking for £1450 in total so the offer wasnt far off and to be honest i wasn't looking forward to going to court. Checked my bank balance this morning and the Charges have been refunded. Took them about 5 working days to process.

Just like to say thanks to everyone who helped me. The advice I received from everyone here was brilliant, spreadsheets and sample letters were invaluable.

Thanks again peeps.