Specsavers or Natwest?

doompixie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently tried to switch my direct debit with specsavers to my new natwest account. The computers were playing up when I tried to do this, so I left some details and was told they'd send me the DD agreement to sign and return. I recieved it in the mail a few weeks later. I still have not returned this form yet specsavers have tried taking the money out of my account, resulting in 2 bounced DD's costing me £38 each :mad:

Now, can specsavers do this as I gave them my details, or are they in the wrong for taking money before I agreed to it (i.e. signed the agreement)? I was under the impression they wouldn't set up the DD till I signed this.

If they are wrong should I go after them for the charges they caused or just go straight into the claim process with Natwest?

I would contact specsavers and ask them to refund the charges you have recieved from the bank. Take a statement in to prove that you have incurred the charges. You can also ask Natwest to refund the charges as well.