Welcome Car Finance HP Agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a car from Welcome Finance in January 2004 with monthly repayments of £287.00. Back in January I decided to VT the car, there were ongoing disputes between Welcome and myself over this option. I went to Trading Standards to seek their help and they advised me that I would have to pay back all the outstanding amount left on the agreement, which is about £6000. The account was then passed over to their Collections Department. I was contacted by them and they discussed the option of starting a new agreement at a lower monthly payment (which was what I was after in the first place). It may seem crazy refinancing but I need the car for my job, so this is my best option (I think). They asked me to pay one instalment at the new rate of £165, which I did at the end of February, I haven’t paid any instalments since. I was then told they would draw up new papers for the agreement, since then I have had no contact from the either by phone or post. What should I do? Technically the old agreement is defunct now and I haven’t signed a new one. Where do I stand legally?