African Igbo vrs Barclays/Woolwich

african_igbo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi CAG I received a Bs letter which they have offered £1784.78 I did not bother to read all of the letter as I do not want to be tempted by any offer GOGW.

So tonight I am going to read over their offer and prepare the acceptance of a partial offer But and I mean But will seek the full re fund.

:D

Master Sun SAID:

Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy Without Ever Fighting.8-)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi CAG I have recieved the general letter of acknowledgement form Bs.

I have the opening line of my LBA The following stating the below:: "I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the 28/04/2007."

Thus they now have I have checked the forum and I am unable to check for the alternative or a slightly different worded opening statement can any one suggest or point me to the correct wording prior to me sending my LBA today by recored delivery.

What I have added below would this be sufficient below:

"I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the 28/04/2007 regarding full payment of charges"

Cheers

Master Sun SAID:

Hi CAG - Sorted I doctored the LBA from this form and thisismoney web site.

My letter below which deals with the fob letter I have received from Bs::

Barclays Bank PLC

Customers Services

Personal Banking

Leicester

LE87 2BB

Your Reference: ********

Dear Sir or Madam,

Ref: Account number: : [Your Acc Number Here}

This letter is in reference to my earlier claim for £4435.00 made on 28/04/2007 which was in my schedule of charges.

I have not received a satisfactory response to my earlier request for charges which I believe were unlawfully applied to my account.

Under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, charges must reflect administration costs and cannot be punitive.

The £4435.00 charges are unlawful as they do not reflect the true cost of going into an unauthorised overdraft.

I have updated and calculate that you have taken £4435.00. From me.

I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges, which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the 28/04/2007.

I require repayment in full of this money and removal of the any default notices if any are applied. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus a claim under ss.7 and 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 plus my costs and without further notice.

Furthermore, I shall submit a Consumer Credit Act 1974 complaint to the OFT upon the basis that you have failed to comply with the OFT's direction of 5 April 2006 and are therefore not a 'fit and proper person' to hold a consumer credit licence under the 1974 Act. If you do not understand what this means then seek advice from your legal department.

I look forward to a full response to this letter within 14 working days, otherwise I will commence court proceedings.

Yours faithfully,

Master Sun SAID:

Hi After proof reading I have removed reference to interest , ss.7 and 13 etc etc.

I will apply that when I go to start court proceedings as on other posts I note CAG stating leave that out until time it's prepared for court.

I am off to the Post Office - Recorded Delivery of course.

Master Sun SAID:

Hi List I have read and digested the thread by Lloyds "Victory" - A View of the Judgement.

Thus has anyone got a the "terms and conditions" for or in your court bundle.

As I believe this will be a must or requirement and thus necessity.

Hopefully someone can get templates/library for Bs customers and others.

Master Sun SAID:

Hi List just an update Bs are in receipt of my LBA so it's tick tock to the 31st of May and then I will serve Court Proceedings via the N1 route I have the forms etc inplace So hopefully enough time to seek those allusive T&C Thus under the Date Protection Act would I be able to request a copies.

Master Sun SAID:

Hi CAG users any one with copies of Bs T&C's available.

My Period is from the Year 2000 to 2007.

Master Sun SAID:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi CAG just an update 4 days to go and 14 days are up regarding the LBA phase I have the morning off to serve court proceedings at the small claims court on Thursday 31st of May.

Thus I have all my n1 forms ready and spread sheet of charges and s.69 interest too. Thus on Monday I will go through the n1 stuff again and read up I assume as I have been monitoring the Bs forums noone really requires the Terms and Conditions. Please advise if this is so.

:p

Master Sun SAID:

Hi CAG I hope to get some feed back I have prepared and have ready my NS1and bank charge spreadsheet inc of s.69 interest. Thus I am going to telephone the court tomorrow to check what time they are opening. Please can someone confirm do I need to photo copy my six years of bank statements 3 times - 1) for Bs 2) for Courts 3 ) for the hell of it.

As I assume this makes up my court bundle. 3 * NS1 forms 3 * Bank Charge Spreadsheet (inc s.69) and 3 * Bank Statements and pay £120.00.

Cheers

Master Sun SAID:

Hi CAG I hope to get some feed back I have prepared and have ready my NS1and bank charge spreadsheet inc of s.69 interest. Thus I am going to telephone the court tomorrow to check what time they are opening. Please can someone confirm do I need to photo copy my six years of bank statements 3 times - 1) for Bs 2) for Courts 3 ) for the hell of it.

As I assume this makes up my court bundle. 3 * NS1 forms 3 * Bank Charge Spreadsheet (inc s.69) and 3 * Bank Statements and pay £120.00.

Cheers

Not at this stage just your SOC's and covering letter:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Thanks Dar£n I have sorted out the other issue relating to Court Bundle Zip file a friend in the printing business will churn out 200 pages * 3 for me But I will have to sort of a 3 * Bank Statements - never mind. So tomorrow I will run thru one last time print the ns1 pdf template * 3 and 3 * Schedule of charges (soc) and pay the £120.00 fee on to serve court proceeding on Bs on Thursday.

Master Sun SAID:

hi iggy, dont take this the wrong way but your posts are very difficult to read.

what does

3 for me But I will have to sort of a 3
mean.

what does

3 and 3
mean

i realise you are keen but why are you preparing your court bundles before you have even filed at court?

Sorry folks I meant 3 copies of N1 and 3 copies of SOC.

Thus I was assuming that if I had to get 3 lots of court bundle material and 3 * copies of my statements it would be best to source how and how much it would cost me.

Thus If I am just serving court proceedings tomorrow I just need 3 copies of N1 and 3 copies of SOC and pay via cheque/credit card/cash .

Master Sun SAID:

Well Well Well I had an GOGW feom Bs for £2600 Thus will read and digest and prepare reject letter before I commence court proceedings. I was serving court proceedings tomorrow morning So will put of a day or so now as I assume that I have to acknowledge the GOGW before I can serve papers. My claim is for @ £4,000

Master Sun SAID:

yes you should acknowledge the GOGW and say you will accept it as a partial settlement only and that you will be still pursuing your claim for the full amount (they wont give it to you as a partial settlement but you need to offer that)

If you think my advice has been helpful, please click on the scales to the left :) thank you!

Non illegitimi carborundum

I wish I was a glow worm,

A glow worm's never glum!

How can you be grumpy,

when the sun shines out yer bum?! :p

Amex * 2 *** WON *** Settled

Marbles ****WON*** In full settlement

Capital 1 ***WON*** In full settlement

MBNA ***WON**** In full settlement

Barclaycard ***WON*** In full settlement

Barclays Bank - ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mrs Chorlton) ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mr and Mrs C) - MCOL submitted 16/5/07

Excellent I will prepare the reject letter tomorrow instead of serving court proceedings no need to rush as I have been now.

Will send reject letter that is appropriate and possible issue beginning of next week.

Thus serve one n1 form and I will make 3 copies of my SOC in case.

Master Sun SAID:

Hi CAG just double read my letter form Bs with the offer of £2595.00 towards the total amount I am seeking as FULL and FINAL settlement of my complaint.

Thus I have prepared Letter 3 from the Reject Letter Library which I will send by recorded delivery.

This has meant that I am unable to server court proceedings today as per my timescales and schedule. I have told them I will be serving on Monday 4th of June 2007 using the Letter 3.

So I guess that they have effectively denied my claim So please advice as the offer is quite tempting But If I am on course for reclaiming a big slice of my bank charges will pursue to the end by serving court proceedings on Monday 4th June.

Master Sun SAID:

Amend your letter accordingly to inform them that you accept the offer as part payment but will continue your action by filing at court.

This is your claim, youve allowed enough time. you said yourself that the LBA deadline has already expired, they were made aware of your plans, they failed, now its court time.

dont back down now, keep the pressure on.

Response to settlement offer.

Dear xxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter dated 25/05/05

I respectfully decline your offer of Full and Final settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totaling £4003.65

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

My Letter Before Action dated 15/05/07 indicates that you have until 30/05/07 to respond before I proceed to the next stage of my request before I commence legal action. My deadline remains the same.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

African_igbo

This is a re work of Letter 2 So if So I will pop out lunchtime and serve court proceedings this afternoon.

Master Sun SAID:

Hi Folks Just to let you know I am off at Lunchtime to serve court proceedings and send the reject letter at the same time. Spoken to Small Claims Court they have some one on the desk from 10am to 1600pm

Master Sun SAID:

Hi Caggings I have been blessed as a good cagging has zip up and sent me Jan03 to Dec03 Bs T&C's so if any one has 2000, 2004,2005 to 2006 great I have telephoned Bs for the current Terms and Conditions.

Master Sun SAID:

Hi I believe this is the Bs 2007 T&C's please verify as I have requested this from Bs.

http://www.personal.barclays.co.uk/BRC1/jsp/brcucontrol?task=file&site=pfs&fileName=/PFS/A/Content/Files/9904463_cropped.pdf

Master Sun SAID: