Large claim and any views on compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sounds like they are obviously concerned - Maybe worth while taking someone with you? Im sure they will have there kronies with them. ;)

Best of Luck

Dylan

Barclays - Success. Total £3000.

Barclaycard - Success. £2500

Barclays Brother - Success £500ish

Vodafone - Default removal + claim for distress. Settled default removed = £1000 in compensation + £120 court costs paid. :D

-------------------------------------------------

Barclays using fowl play - Here

Have read this and so many things that have been said about stress and problems with partners opening statments lets go get the B******S

data protection letter posted 19.08.06

prelminary approach posted 24.09.06

I am in the process of trying to compile a letter to MJ answering their replies to the points I had raised in a previous letter and also regarding their invitation to meet up with me to "discuss the issues in an attempt to bring all of the matters between you and the Bank to a resolution" This will be quite involved as it is not only a case of trying to get my charges back, it also involves many other issues which I have complained about, including one for some sort of compensation for the closure of my business due to the escalating charges being added to the account which made it impossible for me to carry on. I am not sure if I should agree to a meeting with them. I had asked Lloyds on several occasions to enter into a dialogue with me but they have ignored these requests and have obviously got MJ to offer a meeting instead. There again if it went to court and I had declined a meeting, would a judge take a dim view of this. Again if any mods would like to see the letter I have received and give me some much needed advice I would be grateful.

You ought to go to the meeting. You have nothing to lose and obviously are not obliged to agree anything with them. A dim view would probably be taken were a judge to be told that the bank offered meetings to seek a resolution and you refused to attend or to enter into discussions with a view to settling your dispute. This can even involve the court ordering that you pay the costs of the proceedings even if you win if the judge is satisfied that the matter could have been settled without the need for proceedings had you engaged with the bank to discuss settling your differences.

ESB

Go get em

What I pwesonally would do if going to this meeting is

A:- Take Someone with you DEFINATELY

B:- For me it would probably be a solicitor

C:- Record the whole meeting for yourself

D:- I presume you live in london so this is convenient

Good luck

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

I'm with Isiris and RBrears... but I would not take "someone" with me - I would without doubt or pause take a solicitor with me. The Small Claims limit is £5k, not £15k... so you're well outside it anyway and vulnerable to Costs if you lose. You really REALLY need a full-on solicitor for this and I would attend the meeting and take him with you.

Brief him on the route you're taking and the reason for your claim; if you get one who thinks that you're p***ing into wind, sack him and get another.

Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Received from the Court this morning an order for a stay until 30th September to enable the parties to attempt settlement. This is obviously due to MJ ticking the allow 1 month extra box on the AQ owing to the fact they have invited us to a meeting with them in London to discuss our claim. Have had great advice from BF on replying to their invitation. I have posted my letter and also listed my requirements regarding the meeting to MJ but Ms Leeson was away until 30th August and am still waiting on her reply. Will keep you posted on how things progress.

Well done Empire Strikes Back

Regards,

Bean

Lloyds TSB - 27/11/06 - £6377 paidrest with FOS

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Lloyds TSB (MC) - 20/10/06 (BY DEF) £372

Hitachi Cap - Nov. 06 - £207

Citi Cards - 28/12//06 - £220

Monument - 23/1/07 - £889

Barclaycard (Mrs. Bean) - 19/2/07 £376

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.

• 4 months later...

Any news ESB?

Regards,

Bean

Lloyds TSB - 27/11/06 - £6377 paidrest with FOS

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Lloyds TSB (MC) - 20/10/06 (BY DEF) £372

Hitachi Cap - Nov. 06 - £207

Citi Cards - 28/12//06 - £220

Monument - 23/1/07 - £889

Barclaycard (Mrs. Bean) - 19/2/07 £376

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.