WendyB v Natwest

WendyB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, managed to sneakily do my personal stuff at work yesterday and put it in the post to Boreham last night. Sent it special delivery,cost £4.30 but will be a small price to pay if I get back all my charges.

Anyway, have just checked with Royal mail online and confirmed that it has been delivered today. So the clock is ticking......

Is it 14 days or 14 working days before the next step (LBA) ?

I'm getting the hang of the jargon now lol.

And I need cheering up after the abject performance of my footie team last night. Am thinking of donating some of my charges to buy some new players ha ha

I'll keep you updated.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ther Wendy, well the time was up on the LBA with mine on the 11 April and I still havent heard anything!! BUT saying that I did get a measley offer from Higley that crossed paths with my LBA so they are running very slow at the mo!!! They better get some temps in and help the workload!!

yeah, I could do with a temp here to do all the work i'm not doing cos i'm spending all my time on this website! lol! Anyway, having done not very much all day its now time to go home! see ya!

Suddenly gone into a panic. Couldn't get onto the spreadsheets, so did what the nice bloke at Natwest had told me to do, which was send statements with the disputed charges highlighted. Do you think this will be okay? Or will it be a loophole for Natwest to squirm out of?

Highlighted each charge, and put a total at the end of each page.

Suppose I should also have put a front page detailing each page total and adding it up as well. but its too late now as i posted it Monday and it was received yesterday.

Have obviously put the total charge I'm reclaiming in the accompanying letter.

Don't know why, but although I'm usually dead efficient and confident am suddenly having a major crisis - really don't want to have to start all over again.

And am already spending all my time on here instead of doing work - good job the boss is out!

Wendy

Hi Wendy

I wouldn't send the statements as they will have all that info (they are your bank after all)Ifu want to send them only send copies not the originals............

u need to redo the spreadsheet but this time save it to your computer b4 u enter any charges into the ss

Hope this helps

Scott

Yes, have kept copies. In fact didn't send them the originals back, photocopied originals then highlighted them, so have still got everything.

Also, have for some strange reason known only to Natwest, received a second set of statements in the post today which are exactly the same as the first ones.

Thanks! I'm hoping it doesn't get that far, but if it goes to court, then so be it. Just hope it doesn't take forever as I'm going on holiday at the end of June - what are the chances of them coughing up by then do you think?? lol

Well now I am really annoyed.

Have a Current Plus account with Natwest which is in the hands of Collections. Have been paying in an agreed amount each month, and decided not to pursue the charges till I'd sorted the case on the Advantage Gold .

However Natwest keep basically cocking up the arrangement and as a result the odraft gets bigger. But I was still not going to do anything just yet. One case at a time I thought.

Then my Gold a/c went overdrawn by yesterday by £8.24, which rose to $3.24 by the time they'd added the 35 referral fee. knowingmy wages were in today, I thought okay.

Then i check online this morning, only to find that someone from collections, without any authority from me, had transferred the 43.24 from my Current Plus into my Gold!!!! Thus taking my Current Plus back over the limit. And they were gonna charge me for it!!! And there was absolutely no point as the Gold account was well in credit to to wages going in today.

After a very fraught phone call I got an apology from Collections and an assurance that this won't happen again (yeah right).

Anyway, I've now decided, cos I'm so annoyed at them, that I'm going to send SAR for the Current Plus as well.

Do you think I'm doing the right thing going for both at the same time?

Well now I am really annoyed.

Have a Current Plus account with NatWest which is in the hands of Collections. Have been paying in an agreed amount each month, and decided not to pursue the charges till I'd sorted the case on the Advantage Gold .

However Natwest keep basically cocking up the arrangement and as a result the odraft gets bigger. But I was still not going to do anything just yet. One case at a time I thought.

Then my Gold a/c went overdrawn by yesterday by £8.24, which rose to $3.24 by the time they'd added the 35 referral fee. knowingmy wages were in today, I thought okay.

Then i check online this morning, only to find that someone from collections, without any authority from me, had transferred the 43.24 from my Current Plus into my Gold!!!! Thus taking my Current Plus back over the limit. And they were gonna charge me for it!!! And there was absolutely no point as the Gold account was well in credit to to wages going in today.

After a very fraught phone call I got an apology from Collections and an assurance that this won't happen again (yeah right).

Anyway, I've now decided, cos I'm so annoyed at them, that I'm going to send S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) for the Current Plus as well.

Do you think I'm doing the right thing going for both at the same time?

YES

just be organised and keep the claims seperate

Scott

Thanks Scott. Just wanted someone to hold my hand as I'm getting frazzled with all this! And decisions made with steam coming out of my ears aren't always the best ones.

Have now got my calm head back on and have every intention of sending the SAR letter today.

My new middle name is now "Organised" lol.

Wendy£

Hi Guys

just done SAR for 2nd account, all ready to go by Recorded delivery. The clock is ticking again.

7 days left for Natwest to reply to prelim on the first account.

In post today had original letter back again asking for

signature

account details

payment

All of which were on the original letter! And in the meantime they've already sent my statements. Twice.

The quest continues.........

Wendy

Hi everyone

Well just got home and found a letter from Stuart Higley

Basic acknowledgement... currently investigating, will respond as soon as possible etc.

I'm really surprised as they only received my prelim last Tuesday, and I didn't expect a reply at all.

So should I reply to this or just wait till 14 days are up then send LBA?

And do you think it's worth a phone call or not?

Haved also sent SAR for my other account today, complete with cheque - lets see if they're as quick to send my statements...........

Thanks guys

Wendy

Hey Wendy, I wouldn't bother replying or phoning - it's just a standard initial BOGOFF letter (although I am jealous as I didn't get a response to my prelime!!!)

Stick to your original timetable and send the LBA as planned - it's whether they respond to that one in time that's important really.

Good luck - hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Cheers hedgey

I feel a bit privileged now cos i got a letter! Perhaps that nice Mr Higley likes me!

Makes no diff though cos no doubt they'll still give me the runaround.

Shall I send you a copy of my letter with the name changed to Dear Hedgey06 so you don't feel so jealous? lol

I shall celebrate my bogof letter with that nice cold bottle of wine thats shouting to me from my fridge "open me....drink me" so thats what I'm gonna do very shortly. Well either that or the ironing... no contest really.

Cheers

Wendy

Lol............ yes please - I want my own BOGOFF!!!

And as for that ironing............. oo er :eek: .......... open the wine!!!!

Fingers crossed that they're this quick for you on the LBA now!

Hedgey xx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

yeah, fingers and toes crossed. Going on hols soon, it would be nice if Natwest provided the booze money....opps, did I say booze, of course i meant food for the kids! Actually am so skint at the mo I could do with natwest paying for the apartment as well lol.

Am already on the wine 5 baskets of ironing to do so might not look so bad after a few glasses, but might also be more creased than when it started.

Thank god for tesco and their half price wine offers!!!!!

Think I'll just put mu feet up and only do the ironing if the footie gets boring.

see ya

Wendy x

Hi Guys

14 days is up on prelim on Tuesday so am getting ready to send LBA. I didn't send the charges on a template schedule originally, as I mentioned before sent copy bank statements with the relevant charges highlighted.

Should I now send charges on a schedule or just send a copy of statements with highlighted bits with the LBA.

And I'm a bit bored at work so would it be worth a phonecall to Borehamwood saying I'm about to send LBA and asking if there's any progress?

Wendy

Wendy hi.

I strongly suggest that you send a schedule of charges and include a claim for interest at the Nat West contractual rate. Use the spreadsheets in the library.

If you have only asked for the charges back you may otherwise get an offer for just that. Interest can add a lot to your claim and you are entitled to it.

Once you have asked for contractual you can negotiate! I wouldn't bother phoing them until your LBA has gone in.

Bicester1

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

:)

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Nat West Bank Won £2346.60:)

Lloyds PPI LBA

Barclaycard defence received. Trial date 30th July. Barclays missed deadline for servicing and filing of their bundle! Going to try for strikeout or summary disposal

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

I am not a lawyer. Get trained professional advice if unsure of your legal position. If my advice is helpful please tip my scales!

Thanks for that.

Will get started on the spreadsheet charges this afternoon. Will it matter if the amount on the LBA differs from the prelim, which of course it will do if I include interest?

Wendy