WendyB v Natwest

WendyB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Fendy

I don't have a problem with pleading poverty - with 2 teenagers, cats, dogs and a pony (not to mention the husband) it's all true anyway!! LOL.

Have been skint for so long its a fact of life LOL. And anyway I quite enjoy shopping on the reduced counter at ASDA, even when we're not skint (usually the first week of the month), cos I do so love a bargain........although the chap who does the reductions may well think I'm stalking him I go there so often...... Do you think he knows your Postie????

I'm naturally quite a happy little soul, so the relatively minor problem of where to find 120 quid out of nowhere is the least of my worries.

Thanks for your concern mate

Wendy xxx

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy for Wendy.......... she's had enough and she's filing at court!!!!

Go for it Wendy, I filed today and skipped out of court feeling ten foot tall!!! I've shaved money off the food budget, kids school uniform budget, petrol budget and every other bit of expenditure we've got - just to scrape the court fee together!!!! But ooooooooooooooooooohh that feeling when you've filed your N1............... makes it all worthwhile!!!

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!! Hedgey xxxxxx :p :p :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Cheers Hedgey

am gonna write out a draft first to make sure I get it right then go and plead mega poverty (no change there then!!)and see if I can get away with not paying the fee. As for shaving bits off various budgets - they're down to the bone already, be sucking the marrow out soon lol. If all else fails, I'll just have to pay by cheque, then Natwest can bounce it and charge me then Ii can claim it back off them! Serve em right!

Atually won't be able to file on last day cos it'll be bank holiday, so might ring em first to see if anythings in the pipeline, tell em to save us all time and money and JUST BLOODY WELL COUGH UP!!!!

Gotta go, mum in law coming for tea and house looks like a bunker in Beirut..........

Wendy

Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy for Wendy, and boo hiss :mad: for MIL.......... cos you wouldn't have to tidy up if she wasn't coming round!!!!!!

Don't worry Wendy........... you're in the same boat as the rest of us............ but you'll get there honey - big promise. We can't fail now that we know what we're doing!!!!!!!!! xxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Yeah but MIL okay really, she's also gonna come stay to look after the woofs and kitties when we go on hols, no doubt she'll do all my washing/ironing etc cos she's a tidy sort of a peep. And really its just the excuse we needed to tidy up cos usually can't be bothered, loads better things to do. And anyway, bloke and daughter are on the case cos I'm supposed to be doing the cooking - haven't told them that pasta and chicken is not that complicated really....and I can't reach the kitchen from computer desk anyway lol

Major problem is I've broken the fridge so nowhere to chill the wine, and cos MIL is okay I'll feel obliged to offer her a glass...perhaps I should just hide it and wait till she's gone, then bung it in the freezer for 5 mins...

...and ring nice Britsh Gas fixy fridge bloke tomorrow...

back later

Wendy xx

Lol........... you only ever share your wine if you've got a spare bottle!!! So don't offer MIL one unless you can spare it!!! If not.......... luvvly cup of tea will suffice!!!!

And as for cooking chicken and pasta................. THAT'S WHAT HUBBY AND DAUGHTER'S ARE FOR!!!!!!!! You're there for the complicated stuff - not chicken and pasta!!!!!! Lol........ but if they're owt like my house........ they're sat there waiting for it to jump on the plate!!! Bless em!!!!! xxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Yeah, they can actually cook chicken and pasta, and the bloke makes a mean shepherds pie....but to be honest I'd rather be cooking than houseworking - I hate it! Gotta go, smell burning...

Go rescue your dinner honey!!! And teach hubby and daughter how to do housework!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

S'alright, food is safe - it wasn't the grub I could smell burning - dopy Siamese got her tail too close to the fire again!! Thats the thing with red points, lovely to look at, but dim as dusters!!

Hubby is quite good at housework has to be really, on account he's married to me and Id rather do anything but. 17 year old son even does his own washing and ironing (bless) 14 year old daughter hides behing being blonde - well she has to have some excuse for the bombsite which masquerades as her bedroom....don't even get me started on that one......

Enaid....Corfu v Manchester....well.....difficult choice but...I'll be noble and just have to suffer it.....lol

Have managed to find a very small glass incase MIL wants a glass of wine. Gotta be nice to her, as DIL in in hospital (not major)so she's got no-one to tidy up after....so she might as well come here and tidy up after me

Back soon, providing the broomstick doesn't land in the next 5 mins lol.

Woohoo....... watch out for the broomstick!!!!!!! They fly quite low you know - so one should always be on guard!!!!!!

As for son - well done him!!! Quite right that he can sort himself out - at least your future daughter in law won't be slagging you off for giving her an incompetent nincompoop who doesn't know which end of the iron goes where!!!! Good for you honey - it's called female liberation!!!!!!!

And as for daughter............ lol........... we've all got those ones on here so don't worry!!!! Tis a good job we're all raising our sons to look after themselves so that our daughters can have a bit of a free ride!!!!!! Bless!!! Liberation in opposition methinks!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxx :p :p :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

MIL now here, not eaten yet cos sister in law has managed to put her money in the wrong meter on the hospital carpark and now it won't let her out!! Hubby had to go rescue her cos she hadn't got any more change. Battiness must run in the family. Son will be back from work soon, he's even got a job, bless him!! And he pays for his own petrol in his motor bike - he'll make someone a lovely catch - when he decides to settle down, which I'm sure will be ages away, he's having far too much fun and seems to be the proverbial babe magnet....goo on 'im, I say!

SIL now rescued and here

Back later

Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy for the babe magnet........... get it whilst he can is what I say!!!!!!!!!!! Let him go for it whilst he's young, free and single!!!!!!!

As for MIl and SIL.......... boo hiss........... cos that's all in-laws can ever get from me wend!!!! Soz hun, I don't do in-laws.......... but hats off to you for staying calm anyways!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Well they've gone now and my wine is still intact. My inlaws are okay - could be worse - the first lot I had were crap! lol

I'm always calm, no point getting stressed and worrying, doesn't change anything. Although must confess am a teensy weensy bitty stressed at mo cos bloke is giving me grief about giving up smoking, says I'll only give up when my lungs do.... I think my answer that he'd only give up drinking when his liver packed in peed him off lol, cos he now says cos I both drink and smoke I'm totally F****d, oh well, gotta go sometime. Now where did I put my fags???????? Actually I'm gonna tell him I'll defo give up the cigs the day he finally finishes my bathroom, so I reckon I've got a while to go yet!!!

Off to get the corkscrew, if I don't come back you'll know I decided to finish the whole bottle (no change there then) and bash him over the head with the empty (saves recycling it I suppose..)

Wendy x

ERe wen do it I ave 40 years on at least 30 a day, I am still sucking the plastis fag buthonest it is the thing to do so hard I KNOW but for yourself your kids and your purse ave a go I'll help yer honest!

Well if he'd just stop nagging at me I'd do it, but I've never done anything he's told me to yet and I ain't gonna start now!!! To be honest I am going to give up, have done before and found it quite easy, and I could do with the money, but I think I might just do it without telling anyone and see if anyone notices......

But if I pack in the smokes, the booze is definitely staying....a girls gotta have some pleasures, and in the absence of a girly weekend the wine will have to do...which, by the way, is still unopened....

OhNo don't gve up the Boooze don't do anythjing different do it for you, HONEST it's worth it I have been the best smoker in the world I love it but it does not love you ok. have a go if i can help i will xx enaid

No booze = sad peeps = not the way to do it!!!!!!!! Never !!!!!!!

Right gang!!! I'm pis*ed as a fart an' I can't see what am doing!!!!!

I'm leaving the nat west fourm in your totally capacle hands!!!!!

Luv ya............. and see ya tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Most important things first. How to cool white wine. Red wine just gets drunk. (?) Lager can be cooled this way too, if you have the patience.

White wine, for me, is never ice-cold, so I use this for those wonderful impromptu afternoons. Wrap the bottle in an old sack, towel, or even a couple of old terry nappies. Drench them with whatever water is available. Now the important bit: the bottom bit of the sacking, etc, remains dipped into a bowl of water so that it works as a wick. A good rule of thumb is to keep two or three inches of the bottle below the water level. For some reason more doesn't work so well and neither does less. This technique works exceptionally well at home if you have a fan. You can chill your wine in a quarter of the time that either fridge or freezer can do.

The paradoxical bit is that on a day with no wind, the wine cools better in full sun than in the shade. Apparently, it is all to do with the rate of evaporation of the water. I don't pretend to understand how it works, but I hope it keeps you on the road to enjoyment.

I feel justified in posting this because it is all about helping each other in every way towards surviving the process, and by the way, I have done my Letter Before Action today. I am more than a bit frightened by taking this step, but I will post on File13 thread soon.

Alan.

Morning everyone

Having spent the morning on hold queueing for tickets to the playoff final, decided I might as well do some more queueing so phoned Borehamwood just to let them know I have't gone away.

Spoke to a very lovely lady named Betty who says that my original date (their timescale) of 8 weeks to 19th June has now been put back to 21st June cos of bank holidays! Obviously they work on a different time scale on Planet Natwest. She said that once I accept offer it will take up to 10 working days to get the money into my account.

Thing is, I go away on 25th June so am going to have to hassle them cos otherwise will be away and won't be able to sign offer till I get back.

Should be filing in court soon but due to a number of other expenses looks like I won't be able to afford to file, so am going to have to wait for their offer, which really peeves me but can't be helped - one of the major expenses is new passports for the kids. Will fill in N1 anyway and try and plead poverty at the Court, but if that doesn't work then will just have to wait for their offer. With any luck I might get the pay out while I'm away - otherwise we'll be on holiday on a shoestring. Do they sell Pot Noodles in Greece? lol

Hi all

a little snippet of info I've just picked up from a lovely scrummy chap at Nottingham Collections.....

He says that the SAR, 40 days etc under the Data protection Act blah blah can actually delay getting statements, when I pointed out that the reason we do it that way is to avoid paying £5 each for copy statements, he said that in practice Natwest are not charging for copy statements and if anyone asks him for them he orders them free. Which he has just done for me on my second account - what a lovely bloke he is!!!

So if anyone is dealing with Collections it might be worth asking them for copy statements on the offchance that you get someone as nice as him on the other end of the phone.

I promised I wouldn't publish his name, but it begins with G and ends in M and he's a Notts County fan....should give you enough to go on (especially super sleuth Fendy lol)

I should add that the reason I was speaking to him in the first place was that the dopy woman on telephone banking said I couldn't have a new cheque book so put me through to him, turns out she was looking at the wrong account! But her inefficiency may have saved me a tenner as I'm going to cancel the SAR cheque as soon as statements arrive.

Also, Collections definitely have access to the same screens as Borehamwood as he had got the same info as they have.

I have decided that as I'm absolutely skint and can't afford to file, am just going to have to wait for their offer letter which is due by 19th June, in fact if I filed at court this might make the process even longer, I know this is a bit wimpish of me but it's the only way I can play it at the moment.....

Wendy

You do exactly what you feel most comfortable with Wendy. Really, its each to his own on here................... and if no letter comes, you can always file then.................. Best of luck, I sincerely hope your letter comes, QUICKLY.................. Yaaaaaaaaaay. Fendy xxx Best of luck Hun. xx

Cheers mate, me too. Every time I phone up I hope I get someone nice who'll bump it up the queue for me.... wish that nice Collections bloke worked at Borehamwood...but then if he did i wouldn't have been speaking to him in Collections if you see what I mean.

If all else fails I'll just have to take a suitcase full of Rice Crispies and live on them for a fortnight....or leave one of the kids behind....or both if I don't send off for their passports sharpish lol

Nah, take pasta, its cheaper, and tastes nicer with lots of fresh sauces. Lol. Its amazing how adaptable we can all be when we have to. Lol xxxx

Dont let it spoil your hols. Have a great time. Im green........... Fendy xxx WISH IT WAS ME.................XX pasta or rice krispies or whatever, Id still love a holiday. Lol xxx