• Tweets

• "Dear HR, I refer to my correspondence of *date* in which I challenged xxx, copy attached. Clearly this was a grievance, and yet does not seem to have been heard under the grievance procedure. I am exceptionally dismayed that this 'review'. which never took place, seems to be being used as a criteria in redundancy selection proceedings. As this is time critical, please advise asap."            
    • Just to update, received a revised offer of £75 from P2G after they got my LOC last Friday. They stated that because it was not insured this would be their final offer. Looks like we are going to court.
    • and speaking of cover-ups .. from the environment agency with collusion/negligence  from the ICO   Environment Agency chief admits regulator buries freedom of information requests Speaking at the UK River Summit, Philip Duffy said officials do not want to reveal the true ‘embarrassing’ environmental picture ICO - waffle Environment Agency chief admits regulator buries freedom of information requests | Environment Agency | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Speaking at the UK River Summit, Philip Duffy said officials do not want to reveal the true ‘embarrassing’ environmental picture   Environment Agency ‘hiding’ report into Lancashire landfill making locals ill Exclusive The agency has refused to share details of how a landfill operator is breaching its permit because it could 'potentially cause unnecessary concern'    Environment Agency ‘hiding’ report into Lancashire landfill making locals ill INEWS.CO.UK The agency has refused to share details of how a landfill operator is breaching its permit because it could 'potentially cause unnecessary...  
    • As Dan Neidle pointed out on Twitter/X, pensioners used to have a higher personal allowance before they paid tax, but this government removed it a few years ago.
    • or this showing how rogue state the poops are making the UK https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/may/28/rwanda-uk-diplomat-interpol-target-regime-opponents and Sunaks pension plan 'benefit: Retirees relying on the full new state pension as their sole income could end up saving just £14.60 per year – or 28p a week – in tax payments by 2028 through the Conservative Party’s triple lock plus policy, according to calculations for i. Triple lock plus would only save many OAPs £14.60 a year by 2028, analysis shows INEWS.CO.UK Rishi Sunak outlined plans to increase the tax-free allowance for pensioners in line with the existing 'triple lock' to ensure it rises each year  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

WendyB v Natwest

WendyB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No not at all.

You can't claim for statutory interest until you issue court proceedings and then when you do you give the court the option of awarding you either s69 statutory interest at 8% OR contractual at 29.9%.

When you issue you calculate interest at a daily rate and ask for that to be awarded from date of issue to judgment. That is why it is better to make a claim on form N1 rather than using MCOL, as I found out!

Have alook at my thread on here. I asked for contractual and negotiated statutory before the stage of exchanging court bundles which saved a lot of trees and time!

Bicester1

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

:)

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Nat West Bank Won £2346.60:)

Lloyds PPI LBA

Barclaycard defence received. Trial date 30th July. Barclays missed deadline for servicing and filing of their bundle! Going to try for strikeout or summary disposal

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

I am not a lawyer. Get trained professional advice if unsure of your legal position. If my advice is helpful please tip my scales!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes sense - I think!

So what I do is submit a schedule including contractual - is that right?

Only problem is I can't open the spreadsheets - kepp getting a message saying Internet Explore cannot open this page. Is it me??

Sorry for being dim.

And boss has just come back so might have to actually do this in my own time. How bad is that???

Wendy

That makes sense - I think!

So what I do is submit a schedule including contractual - is that right? Yes

Only problem is I can't open the spreadsheets - kepp getting a message saying Internet Explore cannot open this page. Is it me?? Not sure which ones are you using not very good on the IT front any one else out there?

Sorry for being dim. Your'e not we all have to learn......

And boss has just come back so might have to actually do this in my own time. How bad is that??? Ah well.......

Wendy

Hope this helps

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Lloyds PPI LBA

Barclaycard defence received. Trial date 30th July. Barclays missed deadline for servicing and filing of their bundle! Going to try for strikeout or summary disposal

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

I am not a lawyer. Get trained professional advice if unsure of your legal position. If my advice is helpful please tip my scales!

Hi

Which spreadsheets are you trying to use?

Bicester1

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Lloyds PPI LBA

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

Sorry, been out and about all weekend and then my broadband was having a turn.

Am trying to get onto the spreadsheets in the link from the templates.

If I can't get any joy today will just have to copy my statements and highlight charges and send them off with my LBA.

Wendy

Well, have finally gotten into the spreadsheets and got my schedule all ready to go.

And it added up to the total I asked for in my prelim! I was expecting to have gone wrong somewhere but it seems I'm on the right track.

I have two small questions in regard to LBA letter, which may seem stupid but I want to get this right..... as its a joint account should I change the wording to blah blah OUR account?

Also, as I did recieve the standard BOGOF letter can I still include the bit about "failed to respond to my letter of...."

Does the BOGOF count as a response? or should I insert "positively" after the word respond??

I know this may seem obvious to some but its been a long day at work and my brain is starting to frazzle.

Thanks

Wendy

Well, spoke to Borehamwood today, apparently systems down till tomorrow for data update so couldn't tell me anything about account.

However the woman I spoke to said they were working on an 8 week timescale, and when I pointed out the 14 day timescale she basically ignored this and said it was 8 weeks.

So off to the Post Office with my LBA and 14 day timescale first thing tomorrow.

The clock is ticking again.......

Wendy

Update:

Spoke to Borehamwood today. Nice person on the end of the phone, most of them are nice, just doing their job.

She said that it was taking 6-8 weeks for claims to go through, and the latest I could expect to receive an offer letter would be 19th June, which would be an offer of what they were going to pay me, but it might be quicker (yeah, right).

So it seems as if they're going to pay up anyway - perhaps Natwest are finally deciding not to waste time and money when they know they're ultimately on a loser!

The girl was so nice and helpful that I hadn't got the heart to tell her I've already sent my LBA. And I couldn't be bothered to point out that 19th June is actually 9 weeks from when they received my prelim, so it seems that they are now ignoring their own timescales, not just ours!

So my LBA has already gone and as all you helpful people on the site have said - I will be working to my timescales, not theirs.

So now I've just got to wait out the next 14 days... shall spend my time reading up on the next stage.

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

A "please come into my sales-world" letter simply means "please give us another chance to sweet-talk you out of your rights". Stick to your timetable and don't get drawn in. Be patient and do exactly what you said in your letter that you would do. Which was what? (I remember; do you?).

My prelim is up next Monday, and I've heard nothing yet of course.

I'm panicking a bit though because I've ordered some bits about the court bit ans they're not here yet.

Alan.

Hi Alan

No, I'm not gonna panic, will cross each bridge as I come to it. As for sweet talking me, as my husband would no doubt testify - that won't work. Lol

When it comes to money, MY money, I remember stuff chapter and verse! lol

Have kept copies of everything, hard copy and on computer, and also written dates in my diary etc.

Don't want to get confused as have also just sent SAR on other account so got two lots of timescales on the go.

Am trying to get ready for the inevitable court claim in advance, just depends how much time I can sneak at work!

Even Natwest's crappy timescale means I might possibly just get my dosh in time for my hols, which would be nice. It would be nice to lie there on my sunbed gloating. But if not, never mind, it's rightfully mine and I WILL get it.

Wendy

hi wendy b a fellow west mids gal here everyone is right stick to your own time plan.since receivng my statements in march I haven`t heard a word from nasty west at all! So next tuesday I` off to county court with paperwork in hand to take their little buts to court!! GO for it we all deserve a bit of hapiness these days:D

Yep, gonna give it the 14 days then its off to court we go! Will be filing claim round about bank hol weekend so might go a bit astray depending if we're in the play off final or not!!! I know my Natwest claim is important but if its a choice between going to Wembley or going to the Post Office to send a snotty letter to Natwest I know which one I'd choose. Although I could post it on my way to Wembley I suppose....be no good on the way back cos if we'd won I'd be in no fit state to lick the stamp lol.

Gotta get through Sunday and Wednesday first before the final beckons.

Might just put Natwest to the back of my mind, although I do think the occasional phone call to Borehamwood just to harass them might be in order, especially if I'm mega bored at work.

Wendy

Yeah, I'm not usually horrible but you know sometimes when you're in a sh** mood and bored (even though I've got loads of work to do) and you just think hmmmm, who shall i harass today??????

Not that I get my kicks from this, can think of much better ways, such as West Brom winning the play off final, or drinking some lovely zinfandel, but in the absence of that there's gotta be a certain satisfaction from pi**ing off the bank!

Gotta go - boss is back.

Wendy x

A Small Victory

you may remember I had a bit of a dispute with Natwest a couple of weeks ago when they moved money from one account to the other without asking me, which took my acount over its limit. (for about 2 hours).

Yesterday, I'm looking on online banking and lo and behold there's a referral charge of £30 on the account. Which is odd as I never use that account.

Rang up Bham Collections, explained problem, to be told very sheepishly that the charge was for when they accicdentally sent me over my limit!! I couldn't help but burst out laughing at their total incompetence lol. Was told that charge would be refunded immediately.

I am gobsmacked to find that this has actually been done and there's the 30 quid back in my account this morning. Not quite immediate but methinks thats probably as good as it gets with Natwest.

Perhaps they've noticed my claim on the other account and are trying to butter me up..........well it won't work! Natwest, I'm coming to get ya....

They know that us peeps are on to them. They have pulled the wool over our eyes for years. Payback time is here.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

And yesterday, only 10 days after sending SAR on 2nd account, received a tatty brown envelope full of statements. Amazement was shortlived cos it was indeed copies of statements - on my first account which I already have two copies of!

So have just phoned Borehamwood, told them I think they've accidentally sent me the wrong ones, and they've ordered the right ones free of charge. Actually I don't think that the statements received are in reply to SAR anyway, which they have no record of recieving. I think they've just cocked up. And cheque not cashed yet, so as soon as received correct statements gonna stop the cheque.

So have done a little wool pulling of my own, you're right, payback time is here!

action-smiley-033.gifaction-smiley-033.gif

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

HELP!

Decided to get organised so am filling in N! by hand, making sure I get it all right and ready to go next week. Unfortunately, I've hidden the 8% column on my spreadsheet (that was easy), then saved it, and now I don't know how to get it back! Pathetic or what??

Can anyone tell me how to "unhide" it please! (Unhide?? Is that actually a word?)

Cheers

Wendy

Yes Unhide is a word used on Exel. When you open it up again, hold mouse over the edge line of the column you have hidden, and click on the word WINDOW across the top, then unhide. Voila, your column appears again.

Fendy xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeaaaaay!!! 3 cheers for Fendy!!! I reappeared them!!!

I'd only disapppered 94 quid but it's MY 94 quid and I want it back!

Although am hoping they settle before I file cos am brassic and don't think I can afford the £120 for Court fee. lol

Cheers Fendy

Wendy

Wendy dont get down hearted. Even if you have to file at court, theres a form you fill in to declare you cant afford to pay fee to issue claim and hey presto, they let you off............ so dont panic too much about it just now. If you have to file, dont delay, stick to the timetable of dates precisely, but just pop into your local court, explain ur brassic at mo, and they will let you off paying the filing fee. I know its not nice pleading poverty but when you have to, you have to. Simple, dont let it stop you filing claim when due date arrives..................... Go get em. Fendy xxxx and show no mercy my friend. xxxx