Carpboy v Barclays.

carpboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent to Barclays my first letter(DPA.)ASKING FOR LIST OF CHARGES ETC,I ENCLOSED MY CHEQUE FOR £10.00.I also telephoned to confirm receipt of letter ,which they had received,now after 2 weeks i have heard nothinfg whatso ever.Is this the norm for Barclays.?

They have 40 calender days to comply.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently they have had loads of these letters and are now swamped....they are over the 40 days with me so I'm gonna complain now...

give them the 40 days and then maybe give them a call to see what's going on then send another letter

Halifax

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 30/1/2007

Prelim letter sent asking for total of 1571.52 - 15/3/2007

LBA sent 30/3/2007

court papers filed

Offer letter received - £1495.13

• 2 weeks later...

I just added them to my claim at the time of filing my claim.

Cahoot

JBD issued - 27/07/06, warrant issued 08/08/06

First Direct

Settled in Full

Capital One

Prelim Sent

Citi Financial

Offer of difference betwen £30 and £12

GE Capital - Evans Card, Data Protection Act

Argos Card, DPA

Barclay Card, 8th May-DPA, 14th July- 2nd DPA (asking complete history!!)

Egg Card & Egg Loan,DPA

NatWest Card

LBA

Vodfone

3rd letter re: default

Studio & Ace

Prelim for Studio e-mailed

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

• 3 weeks later...

Are Barclays renowned for being slow?

My DPA letter was sent out ,and after 21 days i finally received confirmation from them to acknowledge the claim etc.After all the waffle the bottom line said that "they would send the information that i require within the 40 day statutory period"This will be in about 10 days time.Do Barclays play the game of keeping it going to the last minute .?

Being about half way through a claim,and not wanting to confuse the issue,would it/is it possible to complete an ongoing claim,then issue another claim for charges going back more than 6 years.

OK thanks zootscoot.Just a few quistions regarding this.

1/how far can i go back..ive been with Barclays 20 years now.

2/are there any templates to send to Barclays asking for charges in excess of 6 years.

3/would i have to send another DPA letter with the 40 days period to send copy of statements prior to 6 years.

Thanks

You can go back as far as they hold statements on you. If you used the SAR template from this site this does not limit the request to 6 years and to comply with their obligations under DPA they are obliged to send all info they hold on you. If they have not done so they have not complied so send the non compliance letter and point out that they need to send all statements irrespective of date. You would not need to give a further 40 days.

Thanks zootcoot.

When i sent off my SAR letter i received a reply from Barclays informing me that they do not have copy statements in excess of 6 years... is this bull?

Also, i used the SAR from this web site but (looking back in hindsite)put in my letter that i wanted the statements for a 6 year period from March 07 to March 01.Has this messed up trying to claim in exess of 6 years in 1 go?If so i think ill have to go the riskier route of an additional claim.

Im considering sending to Barclays a 2nd SAR letter for statements from 1988 to 2001.What do you reckon my chances are ?.

To get back charges from 1988 to 1993 would be really good as this was by far my worst time financial period in all my working life.Thanks

I rang them up and at first they claimed they only hold records for 6 years, but after a bit of a discussion it was 12 years. I just rang up and asked, so no need for a SAR. They are sending me all the statements in the post, free of charge (again after first lot pre 6 years, you would think they would learn :rolleyes:). Try it, if it doesnt work, go with a SAR.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

I could do with some advice on something thats concerning me.

At present im 12 days away from Barclays reaching the 40 day dead:| line on the SARS request for 6 years of statements .Having read on one of these threads that Barclays hold 12 years of statements etc, i will without doubt be applying for the remainder of those 6 years.The problem i have is in my timing....do i ring Barclays up and ask for the remainder 6 years to be sent to me ,or do i complete this current claim and then start again with a new one for the other 6 years.If i phone them and ask for a further 6 years of statements ,will this affect my current deadlines of 40 days/prelimary letter ,or even possibley non compliance SAR letter .Thanks

you will probably find they will reject your second request as you have recently made one [ another member is looking into this as we think there may be a restriction on claiming over and over in a short period of time]

I dont know if you have done this before, but i would suggest you use your present claim to get the experience as I believe that the claim for beyond 6yrs is going to be a little rougher.

No ,i havent done anything like this before....well i did my own endowment against Eagle Star and got what i was after,but nothing like this.Ok, so if i contact Barclays via phone and ask for a further 6 years of statements ,what woud be the best way to tackle the 40 day deadline in connection with my present claim...should i ignore the 40 days and just wait until i get all 12 years statements,and then proceeed as i was intending with my preliminary /Lba / claim approach?

if you want to request 12 years before proceeding, you wil have to re submit your SAR as a new request, you might be lucky and have it handled by someone who doesnt know you have already requested it.

but your deadline will be restarted.

Ok,so if i submit another SAR,would this be a request for 12 years of statements ,or a request for 6 years(1995 to 2001)as an additional amount of statements.Should the SAR be worded any different to show that its a new request.

If you used the template SAR letter from this site, then you asked for a complete list of your banking history, not just 6 years. So, they haven't complied fully with your SAR.

They sent me the six years bundle, which I was happy with at the time. Now I've decided to try and go as far back as possible, so I sent them a SAR non-compliance letter (again, from the template library) saying that I didn't just ask for 6 years info, so could I have the rest, please?

I'm still waiting....

but in the meantime, my original claim goes on!

D.:D