Carpboy v Barclays.

carpboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Niklowe

Hi carp,

It is varying at the moment, depending how busy the individual courts are with these claims. So it is a case of "how long is a piece of string"?

anything to 2 weeks to 2 months

I have seen on another thread all the contact numbers/address etc for Barclays.I will be needing to send off by recorderd delivery my preliminary letter and im a bit confused as to which of the london address i should send it to ,and to whom.Thanks in advance.

Whats your position if you get a court date and youre unable to attend ,due to say away on holiday or working(i work offshore)Can you change the date the court alocates you or is date that set in stone,so to speak

:p Having sent off my SAR,cheque etc,40 days expires soon.DPA non compliance letter all typed out ready to go next week.I have been reading reading, reading all info on particulars of claim /N1 form in case i still dont get any joy with the 7 day non compliance letter. Rather not go this route ,as it seems to be along drawn out affair,which if i have to go to court to get Barclays to comply with my DPA reqeust just drags it out even further.Will post next develpments as they happen.Carpboy

I am recommending people to wait an extra 7 to 10 days AFTER the 40 day allowance.

They are so busy dealing with these claims.

I know thats not our problem but if you wait 40 days, send out the non compliance letter, they have 7 days to respond, then court action, by the time it does go to court you will, more than likely have received your paperwork.

okay if it way over the 40 + 7 days then you will have to take further action,

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Understand your impatience, but until you get the SAR info, there's not an awful lot you can do! Dar3n's being realistic when he advises you to wait a little longer; sending SAR non-compliance letter will just make things more complicated, and drag it out longer if you have to bring the ICO or whomever into your dispute.

I know just how hard it is to wait, but you could use the time sensibly learning what you're likely to face in the next few stages.

You'll get there in the end, like we all do (I HOPE!)

Best of luck,

D:D

Thanks guys....i had already factored extra days in before deciding on my next move.My SAR was taken to my local branch on Mon 5th March,fwd by the Manager the next day,so allowing received on 6th March ,4 days for Easter breaks etc and the 40 days are up today!! However i wasnt prepared to send off my non compliance form until 26th April when i return back from offshore.I think ive been reasonable enough in my timing /allowance etc as 26th April will be almost 50 days!

Carpboy

did you get confirmation, in writing that

a) you had submitted the request on that date

b) it had been forwarded to the Data Controller.

This is why I always suggest sending it by recorded delivery, you get a date, time and signature of a Barclays employee confirming delivery

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.