Welcome Finance - HP Agreement query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a car from Welcome Finance in January 2004 with monthly repayments of £287.00. Back in January I decided to VT the car, there were ongoing disputes between Welcome and myself over this option. I went to Trading Standards to seek their help and they advised me that I would have to pay back all the outstanding amount left on the agreement, which is about £6000. The account was then passed over to their Collections Department. I was contacted by them and they discussed the option of starting a new agreement at a lower monthly payment (which was what I was after in the first place). It may seem crazy refinancing but I need the car for my job, so this is my best option (I think). They asked me to pay one instalment at the new rate of £165, which I did at the end of February, I haven’t paid any instalments since. I was then told they would draw up new papers for the agreement, since then I have had no contact from the either by phone or post. What should I do? Technically the old agreement is defunct now and I haven’t signed a new one. Where do I stand legally?

Hi Andy

I've had problems with Welcome too. I had finance costing me £235 a month for 2 years for a £3k loan. I asked them in July last year for a statement (I started the contract in May) as I had a company car and wanted to sell mine. I received the statement in February. Meantime I refused to pay until I received the statement. Their reaction was to send me one with all the PPP on it (even though I had written to them at the start of the agreement to ask for it to be taken off) and the statement said £4700. They suggested I give the car back as I had a company car now!! I have finally sorted mine out, would never use them again. Good luck dealing with them, I'd get some advice though just to make sure that your covered.

Hi Andy

Legally there is no charge on the car. If you have not signed a nw agreement and the old one has ceased then there is no agreement set. However, in a court of law you wuld have to prove that you didnt know there was to be another agreement, and this would be very difficult.

Although it is tempting to say nothing, it may not be the best thing all round. However I would be tempted to say nothing but at the same time put the payment away each month as Im sure they will realise their mistake sooner or later and at least you will have the money set aside.

Hi Andy,

Welcome to CAG, there are numerous threads with people at different stages of dealing with Welcome Finance, try this thread, its quite long so be ready to do some reading but most of what you need to know is either on there or can be answered for you. Just click on the link below :-D

subscribed.gifWelcome Finance any dealings???

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

I’ve heard from other people in the same situation as me that Welcome cannot enforce the agreement as there physically isn’t one and Welcome have had to scrap the debt. Can anybody else comment on this?