Long and Hunt Vs Alliance and Leicester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have just sent my second letter to a and l detailing charges and giving them 14 days to come back! Cant wait to hear from them!!! Not getting myself excited because its only the beginning of a very long slog I am sure! In truth I am expecting a second fob off letter but who knows!

My claim is for a total of £2537.00 over a 20 month period - we only had this account a short time and I am pleased to say that I no longer bank with a and l!!

I will let you know what they come back with - if anything!!!:)

I have a query!

I called a and l today to enquire as to whether they had received the letter that I sent first class last weds detailing charges etc etc. Just wanted to keep the pressure on them! I was told that they hadnt received my letter and no notes re a letter had been added to my account.

I told them that I would send it again in that case. I advised them that my letter was sent to the personal banking HQ in bootle - merseyside.

I was advised by the call taker that I should send the letter to a PO Box number in London - surely they will receive my letter at their HQ and deal with it or pass it on. You cant tell me that if it isnt mean for that department they just throw it in the bin without adding notes to the account!!!!

The fact that my account is with a recovery dept was the reason I was told to send to send it to a PO Box but I still cant believe that they just wouldnt deal with the letter when its received in Bootle!!

Do you think I should re send the letter to the PO Box or call them again to find out the situation?? (I was calling from work so couldnt exactly go into details!)

Only MHO, but stick to the Bootle address, it's worked fine for other claimants.

Send the letter again, recorded or special delivery, then they can't claim non-receipt!

Don't waste your time and money on phone calls, you'd probably get different advice everytime. :cool: