Georgesdragon Vs Hsbc

georgesdragon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am sat here wading through my 500 pages of bank statements and I have a quick question, i have tried to find the answer by myself but must be going cross eyed from all the numbers

on one of the statements it list overdraft fee £25.00 and then next line down excess overdraft fee £125.00 both are on the same date can i put these into my spreadsheet?

thanks in advance

George

:rolleyes:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the £25 for an extention to your overdraft at your request. If it was then I am afraid this is not reclaimable. If you did not rqeust this extention then you can claim it back

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Do you remember at all whether you requested to increase your overdraft facility at that time? Usually they take the money out of your account on the day you requested the increase. If you look at your statements it should tell you what your o/draft facility was at that time. If it went up from the previous month, then it may be that you requested the increase.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

I don't think that you can do that online. You could always give them a polite call and query the charge.

me again.....:D

right ive used the excel spreadsheet and its worked out the amount but im confused, do i need to keep the section that includes the 8% and the total amount of days since the "offence"

thanks in advance

George

You need to complete the spreadsheet and then hide the interest column before you print it out. You can only claim the 8% interest bit at court stage, but you need to send a copy of the charges to your bank with your prelim letter without the 8% interest shown.

Morning all

Quick question, just had a look at my online statement and it says ive got a £75.00 charge being added to my account on the 25/4/07 can i claim for this on my spreadsheet? even though it hasnt yet been actioned?

• 5 weeks later...
Hi all

I posted a while ago and have had my standard "we are looking into your complaint" letter off colin

my account has been a mess for a while now and im owed £2500 in bank charges

this month ive checked my online statements and hsbc hasnt been paying my standing orders direct debits....this is the first time this has happened, the only difference is that they have rec'd my letter

i rang and they have told me that i can have a managed loan to sort it all out

what do i do?

im only at the second letter stage of the process and if i got at least £2000 that would sort all this mess out....

any advice would be greatly appreciated

:?

keep posting on the same thread george then we know your history. :)

from what ive read on here - steer well clear of a managed loan.

have you seen this Who has had Managed Loans?

do you have a parachute account set up? can you transfer your direct debits, etc. to be paid from here? I'm sure someone else will have advice on what to do here.

I would continue with the claim - you are on you way to getting your money back.

sorry about starting another thread didnt realise...... :confused:

thanks for the advice on another account... i had already had a thought about transferring my wages into my firstdirect account then sorting out my direct debits from there and paying an amount into hsbc to start clearing the overdraft.....what do you think?