Help

lil'bubble
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to posting so hopefully i'm posting in the right place, if not apologies to you.

I started the reclaiming process through Martin's Money Expert site which compared to CAG is quite simple and to be honest i seem to spend most of my time going around in circles although i have picked up lots of help and advice just by reading other peoples postings.

I have sent off the letter requesting my statements for 6 years and enclosed the cheque for £10 but so far they haven't cashed it and they only have till Friday to respond

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this trouble as i too started on Martins money expert site.

I did not send registered, but sent it into my local branch, i did receive the statements very quickly but they lost everything else, and i did not hear anything from them.

So i went into my local branch and they had a record of receiving it and posting it on, so i made them fax a copy over to head office.

I now send everything registered. I am now at the court stage, so good luck, there is so much advise here you cant go wrong now.

well the 40 days are up tomorrow and still no word, do i start to get the 7 day letter ready to send off tomorrow if they dont arrive, and who should i send it to this time and would sending it registered be a good idea?

i'm getting worried now because i thought at this stage things would have been easier, it seems from reading loads of threads that most people got their statements without to much trouble:sad:

Don't you believe it! There are literally hundreds of threads about people having no response to a SAR. Yes get ready to send the DPA non-compliance letter and yes definitely send it recorded and get proof of posting as well.

Don't worry, there are hundreds in same boat as you - the longer they delay, the worse it will be for them.

Hiya - I am in same situation to yourself - sent a recorded delivery to Barclays last Friday giving them 7 days to comply with sending out my summary of charges. No response to my previous request, no cashing of cheque, NOTHING!

Hope it all goes well for you - keep us posted!

Jules

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to posting so hopefully i'm posting in the right place, if not apologies to you.

I started the reclaiming process through Martin's Money Expert site which compared to CAG is quite simple and to be honest i seem to spend most of my time going around in circles although i have picked up lots of help and advice just by reading other peoples postings.

I have sent off the letter requesting my statements for 6 years and enclosed the cheque for £10 but so far they haven't cashed it and they only have till Friday to respond

I had a similar thing with Barclays, I rang their customer services department, I had my statements in 2 days, give that a try.

Thanks for that i was wondering whether to ring or not but wasn't sure what number to ring, hopefully though i will hear from them before the 7 days are up because i'm dreading having to go through court procedures.

Hi All,

Just an update - i posted my 7 day non compliance letter on monday recorded delivery and still not had anything back, does anyone have advice as to where i go from here if there is still no reply?

Hi everybody,

I had still not heard from Barclays, so i thought i would do what a few others have done and ring the customer service dept, with in minutes i spoke to a very nice lady and she printed my statements out and said that she would rush them through to the post room today so that i get them by Monday - amazing:-)

If anybody wants the number - 0800 282 390

Hi everybody - update,

today i received my statements in full dated from Jan 2000, which is great, have gone through them and highlighted all my paid referrals, they come to £2178. Can anybody advise me as what to do next please?

Thanks in advance

Tracy:)