File13 - Starting out

File13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is time to bite the bullet and start the process of reclaiming my Bank Charges. Already I have received some good advice from the forum.

Over the next few days I shall be reading, reading, reading ... and when I get fed up with that I shall read some more. Sometime next week I will send a DPA letter to my bank, which gives me my first uncertainty. Do I send this to my Branch Manager, or somewhere else?

Alan.

Guest NATTIE

in the natwest sticky section, livelylad has up to date info on addresses to send DPA request

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

DPA-SAR letter prepared and sent off this afternoon. No doubt I'll have plenty of time to read up on the next step while I'm waiting for a reply.

Alan.

Hey Alan - good luck! Nattie reckons SAR's are taking around 3-4 weeks at the moment, so plenty of time to do your reading and get your prelim stuff ready!!! Best wishes - hedgey xxx ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I've been procrastinating about doing this since before Christmas. It feels good to have made a start. I'm so glad I found this forum, as I would not have taken the plunge without your help!

Alan.

Go get em. Its the first step in the right direction and theres hundreds of us to help you along the way........ Well done for being brave enough to take the first step.......... To be strong is a conscious choice, youve made the right one................... But you will win................ Fendy xxxx Belief is half the battle................. belief in self.

• 3 weeks later...

This morning I received my set of Bank Statements going back to February 2001 - all 197 pages. That is just 18 days since I sent the Data Protection Act Subject Access Request letter.

I am now functioning as a Data Input Clerk, going through it all methodically and checking that I have correctly identified penalty charges from service charges (Advantage Gold).

There is only one type of charge that puzzles me - a "paid referral fee" of £25. If anyone can identify this for me, I'd be grateful.

Alan.

This morning I received my set of Bank Statements going back to February 2001 - all 197 pages. That is just 18 days since I sent the Data Protection Act Subject Access Request letter.

I am now functioning as a Data Input Clerk, going through it all methodically and checking that I have correctly identified penalty charges from service charges (Advantage Gold).

There is only one type of charge that puzzles me - a "paid referral fee" of £25. If anyone can identify this for me, I'd be grateful.

Alan.

Referral Fee-- This is when an item is, rather than bounced is paid which takes the account over an agreed or unagreed overdraft by more than £26. 3 charges maximum a month on that last one.

Hope this helps

Scott

HERE WE GO.

I've finished entering all my charges into the spreadsheet. I've removed the interest and days columns. I've identified the combined charges and only claimed the appropriate bits. I've written the preliminary letter, using the template. I've checked everything through again...

...so why am I so anxious about posting it?

Perhaps I'll review it again in the morning. It will all seem better then, won't it?

Alan.

Hey Alan, you've done everything right to the letter. So don't worry - just post it off (recorded delivery) tomorrow and wait for the response. No problems.......... you've got it all right! Good luck, hedgey xxxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi

you're right it does seem a bit scary at first. Like you, I'd been thinking about doing this since before Christmas and finally got my bum into gear at the end of Feb. Once you've actually sent the SAR then the prelim there's this wierd sort of relieved felling... followed by a not so weird ohmygodwhathaveidone moment!

But thanks to all the lovely people on this site that soon turns into a Glad I've Finally Done It feeling.

Sent my prelim Monday this week, so we can wait it out together........

10 days left and counting.

So if you haven't done it already - get down to the Post Office and start getting back whats rightfully yours.

Thanks Hedgey06 and WendyB, a bit of encouragement has helped, and I posted the prelim off (recorded) at lunchtime today.

I shall now have a good bank-free weekend by the seaside.

Yeah. i'm having a bank free weekend as well - only cos our wages are in and we haven't got to panic for the next couple of weeks.

Wish I lived by the seaside........

Instead am spending Sunday getting up at the crack of dawn, sometime around silly o'clock, to take my daughter and her pony to a show.... then so to his footie cup final in the afternoon... but looking forward to both so will be almost as relaxing as the seaside... and the weather is lovely... and I've got a couple of bottles of wine for tonight so all is well with the world...

Have a good weekend and let's fdorget Natwest till Monday at least.

see ya

• 3 weeks later...

I received a reply to my Initial Claim Letter from Stuart Higley on 12th May, dated 10th May. It was simply an acknowledgement of my Prelim letter of 27th April, saying that my claim was being investigated.

I have replied, to Stuart Higley in person, noting his reply, and pointing out that his reply did not answer the requirements of my claim letter. I have re-iterated the basis of my claim, as per the LBA template.

Fourteen days is not very long for me to understand the Small Claims Procedure and to get the bits and pieces together for court. I had written quite a lot about my fears in this post, but I have thought better of it and deleted them, as I don't see any point in giving my enemy ammunition, as I am certain that there must be "registered members" feeding information back.

Remember that just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean that they are not talking about me.

I am not a very happy or confident bunny at the moment.

Alan.

Morning F13

I sent my LBA last Thursday (10th May) so we're at the same stage. Hedgey filed her court claim yesterday as well, so we can all sit it out together....

It seems that we probably won't get anything back from Natwest till last minute, if at all..... as my LBA 14 days will be up on Bank Holiday weekend, I think I'm going to do is leave it till the Tuesday then give them a call, see if LBA has made any difference, give them the chance to pay up/send offer letter etc before I file in court. But if filing in court is what it takes then that's what we'll have to do.

I look on it that the money has already gone, so can't use it anyway, if you see what I mean, so the waiting is just a means to an end.

14 days isn't very long, you're right, but the filing in court bit is fairly straightforward from what I can gather, the rest of it you can catch up on once you've put the claim in, cos court won't allocate overnight.... just make sure the claim is right in the first place, and don't file till you're absoluteley sure its right..

And if we get stuck, or nervous, or paranoid, just log on and someone will be there for us.

Wendy

ps - thanks for the tip about the wine - unfortunately it would have tasted much better freezing cold as it was a new one I hadn;t tried before and tasted like petrol!!!