linz2011 v IF (only)

linz2011
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nearly 40 days is up and still waiting boo hoo????

HI,

If I were you I would consider sending the letter for Non-Compliance, I think that its the template number 1, you would amend to state that you have not received anything from them and remind them of the days left and their obligations. :)

charges received - just waiting to send letter 1

Thats great that youve got your charges..........:p

We are still waiting and letter of Non-compliance goes out on Monday:mad:

Good Luck !!!

Hi my letter was six days late!!!!!

I now want a template to send which asks for the charges back by cheque not into my account so any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Hi my letter was six days late!!!!!

I now want a template to send which asks for the charges back by cheque not into my account so any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Hi Linz,

I would just amend the Prelim template, have pasted Top few lines from template below:

My request

I am writing to ask you to refund to me by cheque the charges which you have levied from my account over the last XXXX years.

I have inserted the part in blue reagrding cheque requirement. I would suggest that you do something along like this. Dont forget to do the same on your LBA Letter when the time comes.

Good Luck:-D

charges received - just waiting to send letter 1

Hi Linz2011,

I have just receieved my charges, but I am confused, they have only sent the list of charges just showing amounts and dates, :-o so I have no idea what the charges are relating, to so therfore I am not sure how to complete the spreadsheet. Were you sent the same as this?? if so how did you describe the charges on the spreadsheet. Would appreciate some help with this, thanks.:)

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have today received an offer from IF, and I am due to file in court on tuesday - the offer is 50% and they have included a form for me to sign.

My question is which letter do i send back - the partial offer section only relates to you having received a cheque or money paid into your account - please help

Hi

I have today received an offer from IF, and I am due to file in court on tuesday - the offer is 50% and they have included a form for me to sign.

My question is which letter do i send back - the partial offer section only relates to you having received a cheque or money paid into your account - please help

HI Linz,

As you have already started court action then I would send letter 5 from the rejection letters, you will need to modify it slightly to suit, I would remove the part where it states that you are returning the cheque and I would also point out that if they proceed to transfer the money to your account that you will not view this as settlement and that they should remove the money.

In the part of the letter where it states that you are claiming X for charges, interest, costs etc state that you will only accept this amount in total, paid to you by cheque if not that you are will continue throiugh the court.

I regards to the form I would write across it something like offer declined DO NOT SIGN though, and keep a copy for your records ( I do not know if it is ok as such to do this, can someone confirm, but if I had a form to complete this is what I would do so they cannot claim that they thought that by you not returning the form that you had agreed etc.)

And as the court case is so close I would also phone them on Monday telling them that your rejection letter is on the way to them and what you are prepared to accept and how it should be paid.

GOOD LUCK:p

• 2 months later...

Hi

I am claiming charges back from IF Credit card and have received this letter back

"The usual waffle about fair and proportionate at the start

Once the legal proceedings between the OFT and the banks finish, we will resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.

We are sorry that we have not been able to respond in full to your complaint now, but we (together with the FSA and OFT) think that it is necessary to reolve the key legal issues before we decide how we should respond to your complaint.

Obviously exactly what will happen next will depend on the courts........

It then goes on to say I can issue in court but it will not help

What do I do now I thought it was bank charges only and credit cards were unaffected???

Any help x

Hi,

If I were you, I'd continue to persue them right up to the Court stage. If you stop now it will take longer to proceed after the test case. Take them to court and the court will decide what action you have to take. Stick to your timetable and see what happens.

Regrads.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Credit Cards are NOT affected by the OFT test case so continue with your claim and ignore this scare tactic.

Credit cards where dealt with back in 2006.

Covered here: The Office of Fair Trading: Calculating fair default charges in credit card contracts (April 2006)

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Credit Cards are NOT affected by the OFT test case so continue with your claim and ignore this scare tactic.

Credit cards where dealt with back in 2006.

Covered here: The Office of Fair Trading: Calculating fair default charges in credit card contracts (April 2006)

need help please have sent a lettter to two of halifax bank credit cards and they are going to send me the statements but they say they cannot deal with the situ as the court case is going through and ideas